*Author

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361008#msg361008
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2011, 08:16:04 am »
nothing needs to be removed, i have no problem beating these decks.  i think this thread is just a place to complain about losing to something too hard for some people.  here is a suggestion, make a better deck

-edit-

How about instead of complaining about cards, you complain about the fact that your deck can become inactive without it ever playing a game.  my new deck i put up has played 1 and lost but it went down from 257 to 360, whether or not it plays another game, it could break 500 and become inactive.

QuantumT

Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361033#msg361033
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2011, 09:30:31 am »
nothing needs to be removed, i have no problem beating these decks.  i think this thread is just a place to complain about losing to something too hard for some people.  here is a suggestion, make a better deck

-edit-

How about instead of complaining about cards, you complain about the fact that your deck can become inactive without it ever playing a game.  my new deck i put up has played 1 and lost but it went down from 257 to 360, whether or not it plays another game, it could break 500 and become inactive.
From OP:

The result is that at least half the decks you play against are basically the same thing.

If Supernova and Quantum Towers were banned, it would force people to try and use their cards, or at least give a bit more variety.

sharkweekk

Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361037#msg361037
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2011, 09:37:48 am »
This thread seems very strange to me. Lots of people are complaining about how platinum is too hard, or too boring. With conditions like that, I'd think that no one would try to challenge those repetitive decks that constantly beat everyone down so hard. People are surely voting with their feet and playing against the weaker leagues in arena instead of throwing themselves against the same wall repeatedly. Then I pull up the game and I see that everyone is playing platinum and no one is playing gold, so it can't be that bad for everyone. If platinum is too hard for you, you probably should move down to gold. In my experience the gold decks have a better variety and are easier to beat. I was honing my deck last night and was getting EM wins in about half of my games against gold, that's a cool 300 :electrum per game.

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361040#msg361040
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:09 am »
I did not vote in the poll, because I feel the results are very two-sided. Partially, it would sure to get rid of the most annoying (and boring somewhat) decks floating around - which are, with False God powers, are really hard to take on sometimes -, but on the other hand, Quantum Towers and Supernovae can be also the spine of some very interesting, even creative and original decks. Although sadly, there's not much experimenting around lately, as I see it, especially in the Arena.

The best target(s) for a possible banning, in my opinion, would be the shards; as there is a reason why False Gods too are prohibited from using them. It is a solution that would cripple some of the decks in subject too, though, it would still leave a notable amount untouched.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

QuantumT

Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361049#msg361049
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2011, 10:18:17 am »
Old poll locked and new one with more options added.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361054#msg361054
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2011, 10:30:18 am »
SoG,maybe sanctuary too,is not funny to be deck-outed by 12 SoG's and rest pillars and sanctuaryes.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361060#msg361060
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2011, 10:48:37 am »
Bring a Pulvy.  Problem solved.

Offline pie

• Reputation Power: 2
  • pie is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361061#msg361061
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2011, 10:52:36 am »
How about instead of banning cards , If Dexterity = 2 ( Double deck/draw ) then you can't have more than 3(?) of the same card in your arena deck .

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361066#msg361066
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2011, 11:04:02 am »
How about instead of banning cards , If Dexterity = 2 ( Double deck/draw ) then you can't have more than 3(?) of the same card in your arena deck .
In that case no one will use Dexterity.

I can't use pulvy with RoL/hope.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Seraph

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Seraph is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361139#msg361139
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »
I'm confused about the premise, do you mean to ban the cards entirely? or just to ban them from being the oracle given cards

I really wish pillars in general (and maybe novas) weren't spinnable in the oracle, because they aren't really cards at all, but building blocks of decks. Hmm, I'm babbling now, but you know what I mean.

ggabriel2

Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361162#msg361162
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »
This has more to do with the fact that losses have a huge impact on rating. If your deck doesn't have an 80%+ win rate from the get go it's going to flush out pretty quickly.

By the same token, though, a deck can climb back up in the rankings pretty easily as other decks get wiped out. Just because a deck hits 500 doesn't mean it will never get played again--there's a good chance that a bunch of decks above it will get drummed out to make room again, so you often get a second shot. If you lose again at that point, though, you're pretty much outta luck.

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Banning Supernova and Quantum Tower from Arena (New Poll added) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg361369#msg361369
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2011, 10:50:26 pm »
In that case no one will use Dexterity.

I can't use pulvy with RoL/hope.
Bring another deck.  No deck can win vs everything; expecting to float through Arena like you can AI3 or halfbloods is completely wrong.

anything
blarg: