*Author

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362423#msg362423
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »
Let's all stop acting like hitler and discontinue this topic.  Let people play what ever deck they want to.  It is ridiculous to limit people when the rewards are so high.  So if you think the arena will become easier from banning cards, well, you wont be earning as much either. 
Godwin's law is for reals and that makes me sad... -1 Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law)
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362465#msg362465
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2011, 07:10:45 pm »
hitler was a dictator, what part of that did you not get?  he wanted things HIS WAY and you people want the arena YOUR WAY.  like there was no problem with the jews, there is no problem with the arena.  so just leave things alone.

But then, you've firmly established that you are personally against any form of creativity and have repeatedly announced your intention to resist any change in favor of boring old standbys, so your lack of originality in your insults is probably to be expected.
this makes no sense.  banning cards limits creativity.  think before you speak.
Its just a terrible comparison. Even democratic countries have rules that limit things people can do. This is specially important when things are one-sided. Laws that forbid commercial monopolies are an example of this.

In fact, Hitler government was one that used to try blocking freedom of ideas and discussion, like you are trying to do. You should be the 1st to think before posting.

LifeLockable

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362503#msg362503
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »
this is a discussion about the arena not about hitler and other forms of governement, I think bucky should refrain from posting in this thread anymore as he is just repeating the same things over and over and he is getting more insulting with each post

Offline pervepic

• Reputation Power: 9
  • pervepic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362507#msg362507
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:06 pm »
I don't know, I don't need any of those restrictions; therefore I tend to believe that nobody needs it. If someone wants to play lame decks and copy others then he will do so no matter what the rules are. Soon there will be topics like "what would you do if Oracle gives you earth card" anyway.
The Owls are not what they seem.

Offline hainkarga

• Reputation Power: 25
  • hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362555#msg362555
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2011, 09:57:30 pm »
I couldn't find a suitable thread, so i will just post my my two thoughts here.
How about;

- Having an unupped league, in which anyone with any score can submit unupped decks and the challengers' decks will automatically be converted to unupped versions just like PvP1. . It would be more about the deckbuilding than power of upped cards and we would get rid of shards & supernova.

- Players in the upper leagues can submit decks to lower leagues, with limited stats to maximum level of that league.
Meritocratic Technocracy

silux

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362561#msg362561
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2011, 10:20:57 pm »
This is just asking about banning Rainbow decks from the arena.
No.

I don't have many upped cards outside my rainbow deck and SoG is quite hard to obtain.
If you ban rainbow cards, many players will have troubles in building decks!

Offline Marvaddin

• Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362589#msg362589
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2011, 11:29:14 pm »
I couldn't find a suitable thread, so i will just post my my two thoughts here.
How about;

- Having an unupped league, in which anyone with any score can submit unupped decks and the challengers' decks will automatically be converted to unupped versions just like PvP1. . It would be more about the deckbuilding than power of upped cards and we would get rid of shards & supernova.

- Players in the upper leagues can submit decks to lower leagues, with limited stats to maximum level of that league.
1st idea doesnt make much sense to me. Bronze league has almost no upped cards, silver also doesnt has that much. If you dont have upped cards, you simply shouldnt play the higher leagues, because its intended to be hard. This would also add something else to consider when creating a deck that I dunno if its a good idea. For example, if you have a FFQ deck, your fireflies will produce light quanta if unupped and fire if upped. A deck created to work upped wouldnt work otherwise.

2nd idea would be more interesting, but considering how lower leagues are overcrowded and how low is the reward for each deck win in that leagues, I doubt anyone would do it. Anyway, wouldnt be fair to people in lv 19, usually with little card arsenal, to compete with lv 70 people that have tons of each card.

This is just asking about banning Rainbow decks from the arena.
No.

I don't have many upped cards outside my rainbow deck and SoG is quite hard to obtain.
If you ban rainbow cards, many players will have troubles in building decks!
Yeah, I would love to ban rainbows from arena :)

No one said submitting a good deck would be easy. What you want is to submit the very same deck everyday, huh? How about thinking about new decks? You can always upgrade some key cards (some of the upgrades have little effects that arent really necessary). And if you cant, you can decide not waste skill points in Wisdom and take other advantages.

SoGs? What do you mean? That people that dont have shards should try get them in normal spins after defeating gold / platinum decks? Lololololol. I challenge you to farm the higher leagues (you can use your upped deck if you want) and get 6+ shards from normal spins. If you can do that, maybe you have a point about not banning shards :P

Offline bucky1andonly

• bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362600#msg362600
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2011, 12:17:39 am »
Well you can win shards fully upgraded, and being that these are more rare than weapons, banning them would mean either not being able to win them at all and having to donate like before in order to get them, or only being able to win them unupped from the special spins from gold/platinum. 

I think everyone is forgetting that you DON'T have to play against the arena for money, you can farm FG's.  Once you have made sufficient money against them, you make a great deck to use against gold/platinum to start winning shards.  My FG farmer doesn't contain shards so you don't need them either.  I don't use them against arena decks, so you don't need them for that either.

So if you really want cards banned, and this thread doesn't mean it will happen anyway, you will have to remember

MORE RESTRICTIONS = FEWER REWARDS

so make your choice wisely.

Offline Marvaddin

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362624#msg362624
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2011, 01:50:12 am »
I dont believe you are not able to understand a simple thing:

- In any leagues, normal spins after each battle DO NOT give upgraded cards. They can give unupgraded cards that were in the deck you just defeated (usually not rares). Defeating these rainbows '12 Shards' decks using a poor newbie deck is almost impossible, and even IF you win a lot, you would need tons of victories to get a couple of shards. These decks are not farms. Ban SoGs wouldnt make shards harder to get to people that dont have them.
- Bonus (special) spin after a winning streak only in Gold and Platinum leagues can give upgraded rares that DO NOT match the cards in the decks you just defeated, while in Bronze and Silver, they can give unupgraded rares that DO NOT match cards in the decks you played. Ban SoGs wouldnt make harder to get them (special spins are not related to any decks). Actually, for people that dont have shards or other rares, the best option seems to be play Bronze league, where you can win unupgraded Shards even when the (much easier than Gold / Platinum) decks you defeat dont use them.

Why dont you stop crying? Making harder to submit rainbows will make submiting good decks harder... FOR EVERYONE. Whats the problem if you try different things and become a better deck builder instead of sending the same deck over and over and over again? It would still be a fine competition, rules are to all.

Mainly, please stop spamming wrong info just because you cant stand the discussion.

Offline bucky1andonly

• bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362633#msg362633
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2011, 02:33:39 am »
What I say is not wrong.  I never said the shards came from the persons deck, aka the initial first 3 spins.

Defeating these rainbows '12 Shards' decks using a poor newbie deck is almost impossible,
Why would you be using a newbie deck against gold or platinum????  Would you use a newbie deck against a false god?  Well you might, but majority of people know better than to do something so foolish.

There is no reason, no valid reason, to restrict how a person makes their deck in the arena.  QT's reason is because he is bored of playing against rainbows.  Well guess what, there are 500 people you can play against, so until you play against all 500, which will never happen, and you keep track of all their decks on a daily basis, which you can't, and once you figure out that majority of the decks are just common rainbow decks, then this thread might hold a bit of validity.  I've been knocked down to rank 1400 by only having 4 losses, and with people constantly being knocked in of the t500 and then make it back in, and since a lot of people make a new deck on a daily basis which resets their rank, there is no way to know what the majority of decks are. 

Why dont you stop crying?
Don't flame.

Making harder to submit rainbows will make submiting good decks harder... FOR EVERYONE. Whats the problem if you try different things and become a better deck builder instead of sending the same deck over and over and over again? It would still be a fine competition, rules are to all.
I personally don't make rainbow decks for t500 anyway, so you're arguing against someone that is against any bans, but uses the oracle card to make decks, based on the element.  I canceled my idea of having the mega healer, and now I have a destroyer rush in play, oracle gave me chaos power.
Now why would you want deck building to be harder for EVERYONE?  I don't think new people would like this very much, considering they have very limited resources.  By restricting people to only a few elements in their deck will only mean people will use the annoyingly hard mono/duo decks.  GotP/nightmare, discord/blackhole, firestall w/sancs (can go light mark x3) and so on.  I would rather face a deck I have a good chance of beating (the rainbows) then any of those 3 I mentioned.  None of this will make people create decks, they will just use decks that are really good and already made.  No one will be creative at all.  And that's the bottom line.

Offline Marvaddin

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362670#msg362670
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2011, 04:35:13 am »
Care to explain your point about "MORE RESTRICTIONS = FEWER REWARDS"? Because ban SoGs wont make them unavaliable in the bonus spin, if you dont know. It will make them unavaliable in normal spins, where the chance of a person that dont have them (possibly a newbie) get them, considering the win rate, should be like 0,1%, if not lower. And yeah, just a newbie would try get upped shards directly from Gold / Platinum instead of getting them in Bronze league. Ban SoGs wouldnt do any bad to people without shards, as you claim.

To me, there is a super valid reason to restrict how people make decks: diversity, and then a more enjoyable and interesting experience to all.

New people would probably be the ones that care less about ban QT and Shards, they usually dont use them. Rainbows usually require a lot of upgraded cards. Anyway, if a person is lv 10-19 and is in a competition vs people of same level, and under same rules, its fair even being harder. Make a good deck and win. Why everyone needs an easy option to use a rainbow deck? Doesnt it beat the purpose of using the oracle card in the deck?

According to you: annoying monos/duos = bad; annoying rainbows = good. The reason? You are a "pro rainbow slayer", huh? Oh, great, you beat them all. Other people dont. If there is a diversity of hard decks (looks like its the idea that scares you), then you will win less, and other people will win more. You can create a deck that can have some good match ups and some bad match ups, as everyone. Balanced, enjoyable, just... perfect. And I bet we will see good decks you havent even imagined.

To me, its not just a matter of losing to rainbows, its a matter about playing the same boring game, and again, and again, and again, with a eventual interesting fight. If you care just about winning, I have a suggestion: you can play AI2. These you will "have a good chance of beating", too.

Offline inthisroom

• inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg362826#msg362826
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2011, 03:38:17 pm »
Even though I'm not necessarily in line with Bucky's comparisons, I totally agree that things should stay the way they are.
Most people who complain about Cards being op and wanting restrictions seem to be the ones losing against the higher leagues, but these are indeed not there to be beaten easily or with unupped beginner decks, Platinum decks are meant to be close to unbeatable to newbies (as are FG's)

No experienced player seems to have problems with these decks or the (lack of) deck variety you face in the Platinum league.

I find it has always been like that, even with the old t50, there have always been "decks of the moment", at some point, all you faced was Rol/Hope, another time GotP/Nightmare, then you felt like all you faced was Fire Stalls or I've GotP time...so now it's Rainbow decks... where's the problem?

As Bucky said, if you can't beat them, play a lower league.

My system to avoid being bored: I play one match in each league, Bronze to Platinum, then I start over, trying to get the extra-spin in every league, this way, I play a great variety of decks and every league is actually interesting.

So no limits, no restrictions, I like the Arena the way it is.

anything
blarg: