*Author

digitalevil1

Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg360016#msg360016
« on: July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 am »
Might just be me, but does anyone else think that the rewards for platinum are a bit low? :/
I mean.. I could play against false gods and since the upgraded cards are 1 in 3 on average, thats like 500 per win.
Platinum combines overpowered decks with triple mark, double draw etc.
I'd say the win ratio is slightly more in Arena, but only due to people not implementing PC + CC properly into their arena decks.
I've had a couple of lucky EM's against arena rainbow decks on platinum, but I still think the rewards need to be upped here.

I can understand if people put forward farmable decks for arena, but in over 20 games I haven't seen one :/
Due to the low electrum from arena, I think I might just make my platinum one a farmable deck though :P

Anyways, main point here :)..   Thoughts?

ggabriel2

Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg360047#msg360047
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 05:47:47 am »
The arena is set up to discourage farming decks. The "top 500" system means that if you put up a farm deck it's going to come up much less frequently than in old T50, and a deck that can't win is going to rapidly drop out of the rankings and stop coming up at all.

The rewards aren't that bad. I'm not sure if it's possible to match the income from pure FG farming, but you can still rake in quite a bit of cash and you're going to get vastly more score farming platinum than you're ever going to get from FGs. So there's always going to be a useful function for arena grinding, even beyond the extra variety that the arena adds.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg360056#msg360056
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:21:54 am »
Yeah, the platinum league gives way more score than any other format, especially if you play a stoneskin/miracle deck like I've been using :p  I kid you not, I've had games where I got an EM for over 1k electrum/score.  The deck is twice as slow as rainbow, but even then it's making more score than any other format.  I think if you played against false gods, you might earn more money because of the upgraded cards, but you'd be getting far less score, since selling upgrades doesn't give you score.  And score actually means something now that it affects how good your arena deck is.

digitalevil1

Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg360122#msg360122
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 12:22:06 pm »
Yeah thats true :p
I'm only more concerned just now about cash due to the fact that I'm so indecisive with decks :L, and have sold away too many upgraded decks to have the kinda cash I want :P
But I suppose It's cool that my score will go up a bit ^_^

Toge111

Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg360173#msg360173
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 04:38:32 pm »
What makes those arena rewards change?
Yesterday bronze league had 0 base reward, today 2 gold base reward. Platinum league had 210 gold base reward, today 180.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg360213#msg360213
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 06:08:18 pm »
What makes those arena rewards change?
Yesterday bronze league had 0 base reward, today 2 gold base reward. Platinum league had 210 gold base reward, today 180.
It changes based on how many plays that League receives.  I'd imagine that after people realized they were winning 0 :electrum from Bronze League some of them stopped playing it which in turn caused it to increase a bit.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg360369#msg360369
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 01:01:04 am »
Willng3 is right.  For instance, last night I was playing against platinum league because it was at like 210-220 gold, but now it's down to about 180 and gold league is like 150 so I'm just playing gold today because it's easier and is worth almost as much.

Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg365607#msg365607
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 09:11:17 pm »
I really love arena and its not even an EM

(http://imgur.com/YkldV)

kokofishes

Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg368009#msg368009
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 08:24:29 pm »
I really love arena and its not even an EM

(http://imgur.com/YkldV)

woah??? when was gold neglected that much to be worth 1k gold to win O.o

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg368010#msg368010
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »
Higher ranks give you more rewards for winning.  For instance, defeating the #1 ranked player will earn you 10x your normal :electrum amount.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg368110#msg368110
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 01:14:39 am »
Higher ranks give you more rewards for winning.  For instance, defeating the #1 ranked player will earn you 10x your normal :electrum amount.
Is there anywhere that the actual breakdown of rewards for playing the Top 10 are listed?  ie.  2x :electrum for beating #9, 3x :electrum for beating #8, etc.?  (I'm NOT saying this is the way that it is done, I am wondering if it is listed anywhere HOW it is done.)
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Arena Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28190.msg368117#msg368117
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 01:27:31 am »
From my experience:
The question marks are after guesses that I haven't observed myself.

Playing 1st place: 10x
Playing 2nd place: 8x?
Playing 3rd place: 6x
Playing 4th place: 4x?
Playing 5th to 9th place: 2x
Playing 10th place: 2x? 1x?
Playing 11th to 500th place: 1x

The rewards also go up if you have a top deck. I'm not sure the scale is the same, however, since I have had a #3 deck only gain 3x electrum instead of 6x.
Somehow still around, somewhat

anything
blarg: