*Author

Offline eaglgenes101Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
How to abort shutdown? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42704.msg532473#msg532473
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:35:48 am »
I have a Windows XP computer that I want to stand by, but I accidentally click shut down instead. The only thing that keeps it from actually shutting down is a nonresponding program, and I'm not fast enough to do the shutdown -a thing. How do I keep it from trying to shut down?
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: How to abort shutdown? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42704.msg532514#msg532514
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:51:31 am »
Make a shortcut on your desktop to "shutdown.exe -a". Name it "Abort Shutdown" and give it a cute icon.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

blarg: