*Author

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg299977#msg299977
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:40 am »
Flood a slot is a powerfull idea I think. I like it
for the time that dealy anything I like it more than delay just a creature.
Agree with Nik V for life need more specific capacity
heal 3 is very weak i think It must heal 10 a least.
Delay weapon one turn is very weak
For the fire that deal 2 damage I really really like this idea

I'm not foung of the 3 next excpept maybe the obelisk that make opposent draw but it must have another capacity because it is too UP like this I think
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300042#msg300042
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2011, 01:08:33 pm »
TimerClock14
 :water Flood a slotOP, taboo. Included for completeness
 :time: Delay anything 1 turn (adding onto Jen-i) Golden Obelisk would have to change but GO is considered, reasonable so, as OP for a 2|1 cost.
Jen-i
 :life: Create a creature Good idea. The original idea was to generate a 1|1. Perhaps a Rustler|LeafDragon?
 :light: Heal target 3 While useful as creature healing it is redundant with Angel
 :time: Delay weapon 1 turn Timerclock improved the idea above
 :fire deals 2 damage Too weak, the thought the +1 atk was better. Included for completeness
 :entropy scrambles 3 quantaredundant with discord
icecoldbro
 :darkness: random opponent permanent cannot be used for next turn disabling might fit darkness if it was targeted. If so then it is like Timer's later delay anything idea
jmdt
 :time: Opponent draws 1 card Specialied for Deckout decks bur very powerful there especially with more than 6 monoliths. Could also work as an Obelisk to replace the current Golden Obelisk
Nik_V
 :light Obelisk :light:Reflection : Generate a quanta belonging to target pillar or mark.Interesting idea. I like it. What do others think?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300048#msg300048
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2011, 01:21:13 pm »
which :entropy are we talking about obelisk or monolith?

my idea for image is an obelisk array.

\   |   /

/   |   \
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300059#msg300059
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2011, 01:30:58 pm »
which :entropy are we talking about obelisk or monolith?

my idea for image is an obelisk array.

|   
        /
/       
        \
That was a Entropy monolith we were talking about. However we still do not have a good enough ability for either Entropy card.

An array sounds like a good idea. Could it not be so orderly though? (see modification in quote)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300064#msg300064
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2011, 01:36:07 pm »
Yep it's hard to found something good in entropy.. By now all idea are redundant
TEAM
War Se7en

Offline Bieber4Ever98

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bieber4Ever98 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm interested in this game.
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300094#msg300094
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2011, 02:46:49 pm »
I think something totally strange and random would fit entropy,

Possible Suggestion,

:entropy Chaos Monolith
     Each turn  :entropy is generated. Chaos Shift : When Chaos Monolith comes in to play, all creatures swap stats and skills with each other.

When this card is played it causes all creatures to change their stats and abilities into another one in the same side of the field. It's effects can range from something harmless to sometimes useful or can even be against the caster himself (So it is a gamble).

Example : Imagine that opponent has a Skeleton, Bone Dragon and Armagio. Player summons Chaos Monolith into play. It swapped the creatures stats and abilities into the following :

Skeleton - 1|5 with Gravity Pull.  (Armagio's attack, Bone Dragon's hp and Armagio's ability)

Bone Dragon - 1|25  (Skeleton's attack, Armagio's hp and Skeleton's Undead ability)

Armagio - 10|1  (Bone Dragon's attack, Skeletons hp)

It can be very fun card with usually mild effects and sometimes useful. Here, Gravity pull has become useless for the opponent and the Dragon becomes more vulnerable to CC. This card would create wide range of different situations in a game.  The main thing to note is that overall damage output of the players still remain same so i think it is a pretty balanced effect for a cheap monolith effect.

What do you think ?

My real-life sucks. So i come online to compensate that.

rohlfo

Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300097#msg300097
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2011, 02:56:33 pm »
I could see that being quite a bit of fun!  :))

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Elements lover
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300155#msg300155
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:47 pm »
Man you are awesome ! This idea is really good and very very fun !! However It fits perfectly in entropy !

TEAM
War Se7en

Offline Bieber4Ever98

Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300169#msg300169
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2011, 05:27:32 pm »
Glad you like it.   ^-^

Now for the Light Obelisk, OldTrees approves this idea, what do you think about it ? (Copied from previous post since i thought you might have missed it)

:light Light Obelisk
     Each turn  :light is generated.  :light Reflection : Generate a quanta belonging to target pillar or mark.

This obelisk can target the following and generate a quanta through it's ability reflection for a cost of 1 :light quanta,

- All pillars and pendulums in play. If targeted a quantum pillar, a random quanta is generated.
- Player's and opponents marks.

It can be useful in almost any deck but mainly in decks where you need to generate more mark quanta. It can also be useful in mindgate and steal decks to generate quanta  to play opponents cards by reflecting opponent's pillars or mark to generate their quanta.

I think this would be a flexible and useful idea for a variety of quanta production. If you also like it, it can be added to the main post.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Elements lover
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300171#msg300171
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:49 pm »
Oh yeah I've seen it but I didn't answered. I like the idea but it's maybe a little UP ? what do you think ? It really fits in light ?
TEAM
War Se7en

Offline Bieber4Ever98

Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300193#msg300193
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »
Oh yeah I've seen it but I didn't answered. I like the idea but it's maybe a little UP ? what do you think ? It really fits in light ?
You don't have to worry about balance. OldTrees is very good at balancing and determining whether a card is UP or OP. He told he liked the idea in previous post so i am sure he has seen a way to balance it if it is UP like you told.

My justification for not being UP would be it's flexibility. It can generate almost any type of quanta each turn that is available in the field by converting  :light.

Reason i think it fits in Light is that light can be reproduce any form of image especially by reflecting it using something (that something is the obelisk, maybe emerald tiger can make the obelisk made of something polished like a mirror for reflect). Sameway by adjusting the angle of the obelisk it is able to reflect any pillar or mark to create similar quanta in your quanta pool.

I tried to make a picture to show how the concept works,

Imagine that the Light Pillar here is the Light Obelisk. It is reflecting the entropy mark to produce entropy quanta for you.

If OldTrees approves the Chaos Monolith (with Chaos Shift) and ralouf approves Light Obelisk (Reflect), both can be added to the main post.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Elements lover
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg300198#msg300198
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2011, 06:39:24 pm »
I understand perfectly thanks to your good explanation and I totally agree for that obelisk It can be put in the main
TEAM
War Se7en

anything
blarg: