*Author

Offline Bieber4Ever98

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bieber4Ever98 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm interested in this game.
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298637#msg298637
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2011, 04:56:27 pm »
I think Rutararete's idea of Aether Obelisk is cool. But in my opinion it would be better as a Monolith. I think Conjure would be a better ability name and the word Dimensional could be in the title name of the card.

Something like this,

:aether Dimensional Monolith
Each turn  :aether is generated. Conjure : When Aether Monolith comes in to play gain a creature in hand which is not in your field.

This card would be good for bringing combo based cards to field earlier. Then they could be quinted for a solid combo like quinted Otyugh and Druid with a boneyard. I think travelling through dimensions fits within the aether theme.

New Black Obelisk idea is better than old redundant idea.
Perhaps  :darkness:Drain 1 attack from target gain 1 :rainbow.
Fits Obelisk requirements
Can be used for stalling, preventing attack or causing an antimatter scorpion
Also provides Darkness with a source of  :rainbow quanta for stolen targets
I believe that gaining 1 :rainbow is too weak and unreliable to be of any use. Most of the stolen permanents cannot be powered even once with it. IMO, removing it altogether and make it drain 1 attack with 0 cost. That seems as a simple balanced utility card and only powerful in numbers.

My real-life sucks. So i come online to compensate that.

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298649#msg298649
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:19 pm »
I think Rutararete's idea of Aether Obelisk is cool. But in my opinion it would be better as a Monolith. I think Conjure would be a better ability name and the word Dimensional could be in the title name of the card.

Something like this,

Each turn  :aether is generated. Conjure : When Aether Monolith comes in to play gain a creature in hand which is not in your field.

This card would be good for bringing combo based cards to field earlier. Then they could be quinted for a solid combo like quinted Otyugh and Druid with a boneyard. I think travelling through dimensions fits within the aether theme.

New Black Obelisk idea is better than old redundant idea.
Perhaps  :darkness:Drain 1 attack from target gain 1 :rainbow.
Fits Obelisk requirements
Can be used for stalling, preventing attack or causing an antimatter scorpion
Also provides Darkness with a source of  :rainbow quanta for stolen targets
I believe that gaining 1 :rainbow is too weak and unreliable to be of any use. Most of the stolen permanents cannot be powered even once with it. IMO, removing it altogether and make it drain 1 attack with 0 cost. That seems as a simple balanced utility card and only powerful in numbers.
Would Conjure select randomly from all possible creatures? I agree it fits a Monolith better.

The draining 1 attack is powerful but in Darkness all drain is converted into something so I chose a tiny 1 random quanta. With 3-4 of these that is a poor but cheap source for occasionally fueling stolen permanents.
Also I am now trying to have all Obelisks have an activation cost of 1 mono quanta.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298653#msg298653
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2011, 05:13:48 pm »

These would be a lot more difficult if I had not seen this.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23200.0.html
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

rohlfo

Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298729#msg298729
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2011, 07:22:06 pm »
good work!
I've not read everything in here, not got huge amounts of time atm :s but it looks really interesting and awesome!

only got one potential idea to add to the ideas pot, will post if I think of more:

:earth Monolith: Each turn  :earth is generated. When Earth Monolith comes into play, burrow target creature. (they then get 0:unborrow ability, although perhaps only after 1 turn so as to use offensively as well as defense?)

Entropy Monolith could also just have a random ability happen which is chosen randomly from all the other monoliths' abilities?

Also think the Fire monolith is possibly the most UP of all so far, not sure :s

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298765#msg298765
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2011, 08:03:04 pm »
good work!
I've not read everything in here, not got huge amounts of time atm :s but it looks really interesting and awesome!

only got one potential idea to add to the ideas pot, will post if I think of more:

:earth Monolith: Each turn  :earth is generated. When Earth Monolith comes into play, burrow target creature. (they then get 0:unborrow ability, although perhaps only after 1 turn so as to use offensively as well as defense?)

Entropy Monolith could also just have a random ability happen which is chosen randomly from all the other monoliths' abilities?
Good idea
Earth Monolith: Target Creature is burrowed for 1 turn they cannot unburrow. (this way it does not lobotomise)

I would prefer if Entropy Monolith has a unique ability.

Would anyone be upset if I changed the Time Obelisk draw,discard effect to a Delay target for 1 turn effect?

What do people think of Aether obelisk now phasing (making immaterial for 1 turn) target creature for one turn?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Bieber4Ever98

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bieber4Ever98 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm interested in this game.
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298781#msg298781
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 08:16:11 pm »
I think associating Earth Monolith|Obelisk to something related to burrow is a good idea by Rohlfo.

Something simple like " Burrows a creature while coming into play " is good however I think it is not necessary to give unburrow ability to the creature.

If unburrow is not given it makes it castable on opponent's creature for reducing it's damage by half and preventing it from being buffed. If the creature already has burrow/unburrow ability it can unburrow. Remember that burrow is both a buff (immortal) and debuff (halfen attack) at the same time which makes not giving unburrow a necessity.

Would Conjure select randomly from all possible creatures? I agree it fits a Monolith better.
Conjure IMO would be best if it draws a creature already in deck but not in play.

I will try to clarify it with better description,

Each turn  :aether is generated. Conjure : When Aether Monolith comes in play draw a creature which is not in your field.

It would draw the topmost card in deck which is not already in field.

The draining 1 attack is powerful but in Darkness all drain is converted into something so I chose a tiny 1 random quanta. With 3-4 of these that is a poor but cheap source for occasionally fueling stolen permanents.
Also I am now trying to have all Obelisks have an activation cost of 1 mono quanta.
It's good idea but i think it can be made better. The 1 quanta generation still seem very inferior for quanta generation. Normally, targets for steal with active ability are Eternity,Eagle Eye,Pulverizer,Trident,Hourglass and Sundial. I think it is impossible to generate the required correct quanta with it.

Maybe it could be made to drain 1 attack and generate 1 quanta to player's mark. Or it could be made into a non-drain card like " Frighten : Target creature gains -1|+0. "

Just some opinions.

Good idea
Earth Monolith: Target Creature is burrowed for 1 turn they cannot unburrow. (this way it does not lobotomise)

I would prefer if Entropy Monolith has a unique ability.

Would anyone be upset if I changed the Time Obelisk draw,discard effect to a Delay target for 1 turn effect?

What do people think of Aether obelisk now phasing (making immaterial for 1 turn) target creature for one turn?

I support them all. Nice ideas.

My real-life sucks. So i come online to compensate that.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298854#msg298854
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2011, 09:53:58 pm »
For earth I think to something like 1 : destroy target pendulum/pillar; this obelisk is delay for 2 turn (ie no quanta production)
btw I really like the idea for aether
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

• Legendary Member
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298864#msg298864
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2011, 10:02:08 pm »
For earth I think to something like 1 : destroy target pendulum/pillar; this obelisk is delay for 2 turn (ie no quanta production)
btw I really like the idea for aether
I would prefer not competing with Earthquake.
I would also prefer the activated ability be weak enough not to have a cool down effect.

The Aether idea is changed in the OP.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298873#msg298873
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2011, 10:12:13 pm »
Ok agree for the earth and the aether !

What do you think about :
Light monolith :When CITP all you creature gain +1/+1
TEAM
War Se7en

• Legendary Member
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298880#msg298880
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2011, 10:24:49 pm »
Ok agree for the earth and the aether !

What do you think about :
Light monolith :When CITP all you creature gain +1/+1
All creatures is a little powerful for a Monolith effect.
Perhaps 1 creature gains +1|1 but it would be better if we did not use a Lite-Blessing.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Elements lover
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298884#msg298884
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2011, 10:31:08 pm »
Yeah thats why a suggest that but yeah its a little OP.
Other suggestion :
Fire monolith : when CITP +1/-1 to all your creature (or +1/+0)
earth monolith : same effect than protect artifact
TEAM
War Se7en

• Legendary Member
Re: Monolith/Obelisk series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23373.msg298889#msg298889
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2011, 10:40:46 pm »
Yeah thats why a suggest that but yeah its a little OP.
Other suggestion :
Fire monolith : when CITP +1/-1 to all your creature (or +1/+0)
earth monolith : same effect than protect artifact
I thought Fire Monolith was the "Target Creature gains +2|0".
Again we should not copy spell effects.

blarg: