*Author

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg446883#msg446883
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 01:27:44 am »
Can't you arrange the 12 elemental archetypes in one .gif and table like the thread of Quantum Flash does?
Quantum Flash is part of an identical mechanic series. .gif fit identical mechanic series. Archetypes are not an identical mechanic series.
To me, it seems that they are all spells that do the following: "Target creature gains the passive skill [skill] in addition to the creature's original skills.", where [skill] is somehow thematically tied with the name/element. I don't see why he can't put the separate explanations in one table..
The balance of each differs. I would not recommend using a .gif where editing one would require editing the entire .gif .
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline NepycrosTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg446886#msg446886
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 01:39:01 am »
I now have 12 of the 13 card images to finish the series! :D
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg446892#msg446892
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 02:07:53 am »
Deep in the Great Forest, a Frog prepares to hear it's final lesson from an age-old ent....
Guidance | Instruction

Heavily Edited From:
Steve Black (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Different_Slant_on_Orion_(495636660).jpg)

• Legendary Member
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg446898#msg446898
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 02:23:01 am »
All I see is a green nebula...

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg446905#msg446905
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 02:45:15 am »
You don't see the "Treant" in the picture? (Made him a bit more brown so he looks like a tree.)

• Legendary Member
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg446908#msg446908
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2012, 03:00:18 am »
*squint* =_=

Sorry, my abstractometer must be screwy.

• Legendary Member
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg475658#msg475658
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 01:28:47 am »
Suggestions for revamping this series? I wanna make archetypes worth Level 2, at least! (:<

• Legendary Member
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg501119#msg501119
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2012, 12:26:28 am »
I'm thinking of reviving this project, but I'll gladly take suggestions of any kind.

How could this become worthy of being in the game?

• Legendary Member
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg1008019#msg1008019
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 07:09:32 am »
Just touching up on this, gonna maybe put a bit of shine on. If I could have it archived, that'd be cool, but for now I ask that I get the final artwork for my Life archetype.

Anyone got the art for it?

Offline skyironsword

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Yuri Incarnation
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg1056591#msg1056591
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:19 am »
The :rainbow one needs a buff. For being unreliable, the cost should be lowered a bit. 7|5 maybe?

• Legendary Member
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg1056762#msg1056762
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »
Unreliable? Nearly every mechanic it applies to creatures in some way gives it every-increasing attack or the ability to evade negative effects. Any deck can reliably make use of it if they run weak monsters. And the fact that it costs so much merely reflects the :rainbow vs the specific quanta ratio (which seems to vary mostly around 3:1).

Offline skyironsword

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Yuri Incarnation
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Archetype Series https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16966.msg1057760#msg1057760
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2013, 10:44:29 pm »
Wait, Earth has Bravery... Fire has Shard of Bravery.  :-X Everything I know is a lie!

blarg: