*Author

Offline ZeruTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
(Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg436990#msg436990
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:43:27 am »
by Zeru
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 5f6 5la 5la 5li 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lm 5lm 5lm 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 8pu

We were expecting a dimshield fractal deck. And we made a perfect counter to it. The dimshield stall is so slow, that you can use this kind of clumsy 36 rol/hope and still survive easily. The problem is not surviving, but dealing damage. So, we added a 4-card combo that gives as an opening for one turn. That is more than enough for the win. Everything went fine at the beginning, but then team Time presented their excellence and totally turned the odds around. That forced me to change my plan. This is how it went.

Round 1 
Deck used: all 36.
Got a Ray, Fractal and Hope early. Played them all soon. After that I played another fractal. My opponent was simply drawing cards and keeping them in his hand. When is hp reached 28 hp, he started chaining dims. At that point I still didn't have a dragon or fractal. Had a deflag and 1 nova though. Dragon allowed me to strike once for 13 dmg and then played another shield hoping to deck me out. At that point I had 2 fractals, 1 nova and a deflag. Drew another nova, played them both, got 3 :fire, made an opening and fractaled Rays for the win.

Round 2
Deck used: all 36
Again, a weird match. Everything looked fine at the beginning. Ray, Fractal. Waited with my Ray until I found my hope though (Eternity was capable of stopping my draws after all). As the match went, I slowly built my defence with additional Rays and Sanctuaries, but no second fractal. He on the other hand hurt my hp with Dragons and from time to time rewound my Rays. In the end, he was probably thinking that he had a chance to win, but I had a Miracle from the very beginning of the match. When he was about to defeat me, I healed myself up to 99 hp. Had like 10 Rays and 3 Sanctuaries at that point. 3/4 fractals in the last 10 cards. Luckily, he was about to deck. Rushing and fast drawing forced him to use Eternity on his Ghost and freed my draws. Finally, second fractal on Rays sealed the victory. Dragons didn't even want to wait for the deflag and simply didn't play a shield (even though he had 2 left).

Round 3
Deck used: -1 Dragon
Both matches were definitely in my favour, but RNG disliked my build, but each and every card was important. All I could do was take out 1 dragon. I start the game and see a gravity mark. Momentum? Dune Scorpions? Chimera? Didn't know what to expect so I wanted to rush my deck, which was impossible without a single Ray of Light. And then I saw it. Pharaoh. I got my combo out but I knew that this match was a lost case.
Round 4
-3 Nova, -1 Deflagration, -2 Light Pendulum
This is where the mindblowing tactic had to be involved. Time managed to overturn our advantage and turn it into something like the Prisoner's Dillemma. All 36 Hope vs Dimshield - I win. All 36 Hope vs Pharaoh - they win. 30 Light rush vs Pharaoh - who knows? A neat fast 30 card deck played like a rush had a chance. Starting hand, 1 Aether pendulum, 1 Ray of Light. What? Luckily his start was not amazing either. I played my Ray, didn't care for Eternity. Got hit by a rewind. So, I didn't play the Ray of Light and instead started discarding my deck from Hopes. Played a first fractal of Rays and watched with joy, that he played an hourglass (that meant he didn't draw a pharaoh yet). I watched as my :light grew and totally ignored playing my hope. A second fractal, and a Dragon were about to be unleashed. Played 3 at once and reduced his hp to 5. Didn't see the evil creature at all this time.

This was probably the best match I played in this war. Time is a great team.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - Lt. dragonsdemesne (Time) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg436992#msg436992
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:56:39 am »
Code: [Select]
5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5rk 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rm 5rm 5ru 5rs 5rs 5ro 5ro 5ro 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 622
Those were the 36 cards we used for Ghostal.

Game 1: My hand was about average, but Zeru had a great hand.  I quickly realized I had to deck him out to win, but they used the full 36 card deck, and I couldn't do it.  0-1

Game 2: My hand was above average, but I didn't get a lot of quanta.  I managed to fractal the silurian dragon and it was hitting through hope.  I thought I had him near the end, but then he quite literally pulled a Miracle out of his ass, which kept him alive long enough for the dimshields to run out.  0-2

Game 3: At this point I'm thinking only a perfect draw with ghostal can win, or else Zeru has to get a fail hand.  I look at the other cards we've got, and decide to do something completely off the wall.  I take out all the aether cards and put in all of the time cards from the 36, which fortuitously includes 2 pharaohs we hadn't planned to use, and I change my mark to gravity.  This is a completely untested idea I pull out of my ass as a last ditch effort to win a bad matchup.  I have to leave 2 dead aether cards in my deck because there's only 28 time cards in the 36.

I start game 3, and on about turn 2 a giant fuh fuh fuh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccc..... resonates through time time chat as I realize I forgot to include my 6 lieutenant upgrades in my haste to alter my deck.  Fortunately, I get lots of quanta and an early pharaoh, and breed like crazy.  Zeru keeps playing RoL/Fractals but they all get eaten up by the scarabs.  I'm in a fantastic position when we desynch, but Zeru concedes the game as a clear win to Time.  1-2

Game 4: Buoyed by my unexpected victory, I decide to try this again with 6 upgrades.  Sadly, my opening hand is 2x pend 3x eternity 1x dragon 1x dimshield, and the fuh fuh fuuuuuus echo through team time chat again.  I have oodles of gravity quanta but can't get a factory to save my life.  It's far too late for my by the time my hourglass finds some factories, and even though Zeru had a bit of a slow start, it's an easy game for him.  1-3

I wish I'd thought to try that pharaoh thing after game 1.  I had tweaked the deck after game 1, adding another eternity, dragon, and pend, and changing the upped tower/pend to make my gotp/dragons all upped instead.  It almost paid off, if it weren't for that miracle :p

GGs Zeru :)

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg436994#msg436994
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:10:00 am »
Seems like a fantastic game from dragons's description...good on-the-spot thinking dragons, making use of the Event Card to make some brilliant adaptations.

Oh, and congrats to Light for a perfect round.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg436999#msg436999
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:14:27 am »
Nce match mens :) Also Y U nu use upped cards dd ?
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437000#msg437000
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:16:18 am »
I did (except in game 3 when I forgot :p) but the upped cards changed in each match, so I didn't include the upped codes.  In game 1, I had 3x HG, 1x dragon, 1x pillar 1x pend upped, in game 2 I had 3x HG 2x dragon 1x ghost upped, and in game 4 I had 3x HG 2x pharaoh 1x dragon upped.  In game 3 I forgot to up anything because I changed the deck to the pharaoh thing.

Offline ZeruTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437001#msg437001
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:17:29 am »
Seems like a fantastic game from dragons's description...good on-the-spot thinking dragons, making use of the Event Card to make some brilliant adaptations.

Oh, and congrats to Light for a perfect round.
It was even more fantastic than he described ;)
And thank you.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437002#msg437002
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:22:35 am »
Yeah, in game 2 I had a shield or two in hand, but I knew I'd be killed somewhere down the road even if I chained them, so I let the chain break when you had less on the field, hoping for the slim chance that you couldn't fractal (since you'd be able to fractal for sure in 6 more turns :p) and buying an extra turn or two and maybe surviving.  It was a shot in the dark, but it was all I could try, and it failed, as I thought it would.

And yeah, in game 5 I didn't see a pharaoh until near the end.  I played an eternity when I shouldn't have (could've gotten pharaoh out 1 turn earlier if I'd held back) but it wouldn't have made any difference with the massive army Zeru already had by then.  I could've gotten out one scarab had I played that optimally, which would have done nothing to change things.  I maybe shouldn't have played that reverse time, either, but I was hoping I'd get a factory next draw while I'd deny a possible 2nd pend draw for zeru, and maybe recover some tempo in the game.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437007#msg437007
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:43:33 am »
This is an example of a War-Battle Result Topic that should be rated 5/5 people. Do it.

Great Matches! Congrats team :light for an awesome round and a clean shot at winning this war even!

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437013#msg437013
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 11:09:18 am »
Well played Zeru. :D

Close, intense games.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437024#msg437024
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 11:42:10 am »
Congratulations, dragonsdemesne. That's an awesome strategical choice you pulled right there.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437027#msg437027
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 12:27:42 pm »
XD two perfect rounds in a row! Victory ahead!
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline ffun

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ffun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (Light) Lt. Zeru 3 - (Time) Lt. dragonsdemesne 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34657.msg437035#msg437035
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 01:54:43 pm »
Darn... this was one match I didn't expect to loose... Very nice and thought out counter, :light, from the nova deflag to playing 36 to avoid deck out like the previous game! As always, DD played like a pro and did what he could to turn things around. It's really gonna hurt loosing these cards, and we have to pay extra attention on our other 2 matches.

blarg: Zeru