*Author

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335854#msg335854
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:49 pm »
Bravo, edunavas.  Bravo, Team :life .  You stole a couple of games here and are heroes for every team not in first place.
Bring back Holy Cow!

EngPhys

Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335856#msg335856
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 11:00:03 pm »
Everyone better gank Water this round too.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335858#msg335858
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:58 pm »
Yeah, that'd be nice. Maybe we should just stop playing duels the first day..
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335859#msg335859
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 11:04:31 pm »
Yeah, that'd be nice. Maybe we should just stop playing duels the first day..
Was going to suggest this in our secret forum...

wizelsnarf

Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335874#msg335874
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 11:37:20 pm »
By discount, I meant the reference to th 75% win against a deck you tested against (presumably very similar to ours). You discounted our deck and rather put it down to rng. But my point is that as the deck size grows, so does the rng influence... That is all. You were more likely to get an imperfect hand dealt on a deck that relies on quickness to get a lock down.

rng certainly was a big factor, but this isn't a miracle, just lucky. Your deck was slightly reduced in its effectiveness (relative to ours) and we got some great hands.

I still hate your pestal deck. It is really hard to beat. And with your huge vault, I don't think this 30 card loss is going to get rid of pestal.

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335896#msg335896
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 12:11:26 am »
I still hate your pestal deck. It is really hard to beat. And with your huge vault, I don't think this 30 card loss is going to get rid of pestal.
Yeah--they played 2 of them this round so far (and one of them won.)
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335897#msg335897
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 12:12:24 am »
By discount, I meant the reference to th 75% win against a deck you tested against (presumably very similar to ours). You discounted our deck and rather put it down to rng. But my point is that as the deck size grows, so does the rng influence... That is all. You were more likely to get an imperfect hand dealt on a deck that relies on quickness to get a lock down.
No I did not somehow neglect to take this into account.
1)  I tested against 35 card variations which reflected what remained in your vault for 2 different 50 game trials based on which ones proved the most potent and found that the win rate of them both was consistently between 74-80%
2)  I then went and tested against a 30 card variation to account for that addition of RNG on your end due to the 5 card increase to the deck size.  This now resulted in 66% win rate.

So no, I did not need a reminder to account for RNG before deciding upon this deck to use against you.  And no, it was not a miracle that you won this match up, but as I said before, I would like for my time and effort to be at least demonstrated slightly when it comes time to duel; this was a devastating blow to my confidence in my abilities.  Looking back at what I've been able to contribute to my team during this round...I now question whether my services are actually needed since numbers now mean next to nothing for me in this game.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335904#msg335904
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 12:22:34 am »
There are two gods in determining how things work in life - facts and luck. Sometimes sheer calculation will prevail and you'll completley read the opponent. Sometimes that small 1% will prevail and you'll be forced to lose, no matter how well it was planned out.

So please don't feel down will - it's pretty clear you've spent a ton of effort into helping your team, and RNG gave logic a kick to the nether regions this round for war instead of the other way around like every team hoped for. I'm not sure if I'm getting my point across or simply sounding like a corny jerk but there are definitely times when this will happen and really all you can do is keep trying to give it your all and ride it out. There are worse things that could happen - at least you didn't get hit by a bus or anything.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg335913#msg335913
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 12:52:33 am »
Aleluia, Navas! :D

And congratz, mate :D

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg336079#msg336079
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 10:02:54 am »
You discounted our deck and rather put it down to rng. But my point is that as the deck size grows, so does the rng influence... That is all.
So you're saying it's even more up to RNG than I said. x)
Actually, what I said was that I'd rather lose to counters than RNG. Considering the low winrate your deck has against ours, that's all there is to that. The fact that it -can- win is due to the deck, not the RNG, obviously. (though winning with 2-0 EM is.. astounding)

willu, sometimes stats fail. Your hard work has been invaluable to us getting this far, and it will be a large part of why we will win. There's nothing to it but going with the most likely outcome and keep trying. <3
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg336081#msg336081
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 10:12:01 am »
No ganking water please. ;)
Both of us still have everything in our own hands. Higs vs Nils will be an epic showdown.

Judging by the ammount of sacrificing you guys did this round, it'll get rough!

Grats on your win btw team Life

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: (Life) edunavas 2 - (Aether) willng3 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26405.msg336089#msg336089
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 10:33:45 am »
[...] we all know there are only two teams that can win. [...]
Time and Air for the win!  :P

anything
blarg: