*Author

Offline JaymanfuTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
(Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326045#msg326045
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:08:35 pm »
Code: [Select]
55q 55q 562 562 562 562 562 562 5up 5up 5up 5up 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606
Game - 1  Went pretty smooth I don't think he was expecting so many steals so I was able to take all his sancs and he didn't get a ton of fire quatum

Game - 2 Really bad draw for me, had 5 accels in my hand and no doll, he built up his fire quantum and murder'd my dolls when they came out.

Game - 3 Ok start... was a nailbiter near the end but he had just low enough quantum to not be able to kill my doll I think

GGs ak65ala

Offline ak65ala

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ak65ala is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326047#msg326047
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »
Code: [Select]
5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f6 5f6 5f7 5f7 5fb 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 7dl 7dl 7dr
Round 1: Won coin toss.  Only drew 2 pendulums, was very slow to build up fire quanta.  Had my Fahrenheit stolen, along with 2 of my sanctuaries.  Got sad, thinking it was a hard counter to what I had brought.  Buckler hurt me, my CC hurt me, I couldn't kill his stuff in time before it became monsters.  Went smoothly for jaymanfu.

Round 2: Won coin toss.  jaymanfu was very slow to bring out any dolls, figured he had a bad draw.  Smiled.  Buckler down, Fahrenheit stolen, sanctuaries stolen.  Counted 4 steals, yep... that's what he had.  Brilliant idea!!  I had the fire quanta to blow up his dolls early before they became monsters, I figured 6 dolls, 6 bolts + 2 pots for stop-gaps.  I could win this.  Slow moving from jaymanfu and enough fire quanta to implement my plan.  Deck out for the win.

Round 3: Won coin toss.  Decided to implement my plan in full action.  Awww..... 2 pendulums again.  Great.  Buckler down, threw away my Fahrenheit (was only going to hurt me) and saved up my sanctuaries for a bit.  threw down 2 sanctuaries stolen instantly, 1 more, stolen... sigh.  Only up to ~20 fire quanta, had to kill the dolls, not hurt them to win.  Final turn at 11 life, one sanctuary in play (so 15 life after turn), was at 28 Fire quanta, looking at a 6/10 and a 2/14 accelerated doll.  2 less fire quanta than needed to keep me alive from the 10 damage doll (8 from attack +1 from buckler damage +1 from acceleration damage).  It's over.  If I had 2 more fire quanta, I could have blown up one doll, then the next the next turn, held out for a few more turns, let my sanctuaries do their thing, and most likely win via deck-out..... ah well.

As a note, If you would have stolen the shield instead, your dolls would have dropped quite a bit slower, and the damage would have built up more before I could have blown them up.  Was glad you didn't think of that.  Good games jaymanfu.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326052#msg326052
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:12:47 pm »
Hard counter barely worked... but worked nonetheless!
Gratz jay! :D (and yay me for my prediction :)))

Offline ak65ala

• New to Elements
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326067#msg326067
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:24:17 pm »
Hard counter barely worked... but worked nonetheless!
Gratz jay! :D (and yay me for my prediction :)))
I is smart player.  I is almost break hard counter.  I is need to pray more to the RNG gods for next battle.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326074#msg326074
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »
I meant to mention stealing the fire shield from testing, but Sancs seemed the more reliable way to go.  Either way, you did a great job to make it as close as it was, ak.

Congrats again, jayman!
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline JaymanfuTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326075#msg326075
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 07:32:42 pm »
As a note, If you would have stolen the shield instead, your dolls would have dropped quite a bit slower, and the damage would have built up more before I could have blown them up.  Was glad you didn't think of that.  Good games jaymanfu.
Nah I thought of that, just its hard to say which is better, and in the end you gaining life back while I might be stalling for dolls is probably worse, hard to say really.

Offline ak65ala

• New to Elements
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326078#msg326078
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 07:35:54 pm »
I petition that sanctuary cannot be stolen or destroyed.  That would make me feel much better right now and would have made that match much easier to win.  (A guy can dream, right?)  That is all.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326085#msg326085
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 07:44:54 pm »
I petition that sanctuary cannot be stolen or destroyed.  That would make me feel much better right now and would have made that match much easier to win.  (A guy can dream, right?)  That is all.
Might aswell have it do 100 damage on play vs decks that use a Darkness mark then! ;)

Nice job countering a fire stall team Darkness. Must hurt to discard 24 from that deck!

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326142#msg326142
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:29:39 pm »
Nice try ak.  Sounds like a really close set of matches, noone can blame you for the result.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326165#msg326165
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:47:01 pm »
The RNG's out thar somewhere. Good matches, ak and jay!

Offline ak65ala

• New to Elements
Re: (Darkness) Jaymanfu 2 - (Light) Lt. ak65ala 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25572.msg326184#msg326184
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 09:10:43 pm »
Might aswell have it do 100 damage on play vs decks that use a Darkness mark then! ;)

Nice job countering a fire stall team Darkness. Must hurt to discard 24 from that deck!
He used a gravity mark... so... that would be pointless.

blarg: