*Author

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: (Aether sideboard) hainkarga 3 - 0 theelkspeaks (Fire Lt.) [sub TheonlyrealBeef] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63152.msg1247069#msg1247069
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 05:36:01 pm »
It's worth mentioning that the deck wasn't illegal, or I'd have caught it without a doubt.

So there would only be a penalty for making a change past deadline if such a change were allowed. If I made the change myself I could change anything and it breaks the rules. I'm proud of breaking no rules that I'm aware of in all the wars that I've been in so far and not about to start now.

I made an error with the mark (though not one that breaks the rules), if that's consistently ruled as a "deal with it, play with this mark since it's in vault or take a loss" then that's that. WMs ruled it as such, so I took a loss. Personally, that's where I thought it ended.

In general, the best way to resolve this -if mark or anything else were allowed to be changed altogether- is to remove the opportunity for salvage. That way there is no "strategic" solution and only consistency. It shouldn't involve a decision on whether to ask for a ruling or not since the error is the same. Of course, just not allowing changes altogether is the easiest way to deal with this, since there is a clear deadline. Just, you know, let this be consistent.

As far as "obvious" is concerned: we've fielded similar decks in previous rounds using an Aether Mark and 4 cards can be played if and only if the Mark is Aether. These are purely objective facts regarding the obviousness of Aether being the desired Mark for this deck.

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Aether sideboard) hainkarga 3 - 0 theelkspeaks (Fire Lt.) [sub TheonlyrealBeef] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63152.msg1247075#msg1247075
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2016, 05:48:23 pm »
I already asked the WMs to change/edit the rules for this. If I were WM, I would have them state something like the following:

"You must not edit your vault (decks, salvage, discard, etc.) after the deckbuilding period ends. If an edit to the vault after the deadline is to be made, it must be approved by WMs. The exact penalty will be at the discretion of the WMs. Edits made shortly after the deadline will be weighted much lighter, as is notifying WMs of late vault completion. Any part of a deck (card, upgrade, or mark) may not be edited after a match has started. Any edits to a deck must be approved by a WM prior to starting the match."

In general, when I was a WM I would only allow edits shortly after the deadline. Probably the only exception being for very minor "obvious" edits (like a wrong mark) I would allow mid/late round prior to starting the match.

I'm sure people would have slight modifications to what i wrote above, but i think it clarifies these situations a little more clearly yet gives the WMs flexibility in handing out penalties.

Personally, I prefer adherence to strict rules during large events like this. I remember when Kael Hate was WM and he handed out penalties for not having the title in a battle thread being perfect. I'm not that harsh, but the rules need to be clear so that it can prevent stupid drama like this.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:50:27 pm by deuce22 »

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Aether sideboard) hainkarga 3 - 0 theelkspeaks (Fire Lt.) [sub TheonlyrealBeef] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63152.msg1247085#msg1247085
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »
What happens indeed if along with their late mark change, they also change a card and the WM doesn't notice? Would that be traceable in the gdoc and would the WM think to do so? This certainly adds work for the WM. Looks like a rule edit would help reducing the friction that a case-by-case precedent can cause.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Aether sideboard) hainkarga 3 - 0 theelkspeaks (Fire Lt.) [sub TheonlyrealBeef] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63152.msg1247086#msg1247086
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 05:57:45 pm »
I'd like to also mention, this wasn't a case of "better to take the loss than a penalty and loss" since my position has always been it's better to play a match than not, and was torb's position as well (edit: I dont mean to speak for him, it was just what he mentioned in the intial WM pm). Sadly, Ive been busy this week at hospital and just finished my third funeral, else I would have caught this before it was fielded, since I play a few dozen games with each deck to get a feel of it. It's a shame it's come to drama but the WMS have the right to make the final call obviously.

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: (Aether sideboard) hainkarga 3 - 0 theelkspeaks (Fire Lt.) [sub TheonlyrealBeef] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63152.msg1247087#msg1247087
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 05:59:18 pm »
What happens indeed if along with their late mark change, they also change a card and the WM doesn't notice? Would that be traceable in the gdoc and would the WM think to do so? This certainly adds work for the WM. Looks like a rule edit would help reducing the friction that a case-by-case precedent can cause.

Fwiw, It's possible to see what was edditted, takes 1 minute.
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: (Aether sideboard) hainkarga 3 - 0 theelkspeaks (Fire Lt.) [sub TheonlyrealBeef] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63152.msg1247091#msg1247091
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 06:32:50 pm »

With the size of the sheets we're using, google does bug quite a bit on history (especially in later rounds, i'd expect), so more than 1 minute.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: (Aether sideboard) hainkarga 3 - 0 theelkspeaks (Fire Lt.) [sub TheonlyrealBeef] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63152.msg1247126#msg1247126
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 11:48:30 pm »

With the size of the sheets we're using, google does bug quite a bit on history (especially in later rounds, i'd expect), so more than 1 minute.

Never happened for me last round ^^
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

anything
blarg: