*Author

Offline coinichTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
(Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg199726#msg199726
« on: November 12, 2010, 10:37:28 pm »
Code: [Select]
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58q 58s 58s 591 591 591 591 591 593 593 593 593 593 593 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5up 5up 5ur
Good games Gl1tch.  That was a risky combo, and it almost worked in the end, depending on how many bonds you had.

First game:  Start right off with some Devourers, pillars and Earthquakes if I can remember.  Got out the Devs and a Titanium Shield as soon as possible and then stole his Arsenic.  His Frogs couldn't get through well and then I brought out the Shriekers and Golem to finish him off.  Devourers and EQ had shut him down pretty well.

Second game:  Gl1tch had to leave early due to class.  Only notable thing was he used Aflatoxin on my Devourer; I then noticed the deck size and thought it was an Afla rush.

Third game:  Ok start with a Dev or two, one pillar, and a few Shriekers and a shield.  Kept EQing him, but it really did nothing as he kept on playing pendulums and pillars.  I gave up after a while and began to try and save enough quanta to get the Shriekers out.  He in the meantime afla'd his only Giant Frog, infecting his field.  I suspected Bond/Poison stall instead; I was right.  Right about when I had Gl1tch down to 50 hp, he started to play his Bonds, one by one.  I stole the first, and the second never came.  My Devourers stole just enough quanta to keep him from playing the next, giving me the game.  Good game, and thanks for being so flexible with the schedule.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 1 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg199735#msg199735
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:43:34 pm »
Code: [Select]
52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 52s 52s 52s 52s 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c7 5c7 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 7aj 7aj 7aj
Terroking has this obnoxious habit of picking the exact deck we don't want him to.  When we have in countered three ways out of four, he goes the fourth.  So this round we decided to drop the one deck that hadn't been seen yet, maybe surprise him into getting a win.  In all honesty, any rush or any quanta control would (and did) give it trouble, but it was a risk we took.

Game 1 I had an odd hand.  It was full of my frogs, so I decided to try rushing.    Titanium shield spelled doom for that strategy.  But I did see him steal my Arsenic, which taught me something.  He had steals.  I stopped playing arsenic all together, and knew that playing thorn carapace as a shield would never work.  I changed my strategy at once.

Game 2 I had a beautiful hand.  Lots of pendulums, and I even dropped afla on his second devourer before he managed to play it.  If I'd dropped all my pendulums at once instead of worrying about earthquake, I would have had my set-up right there.  Thanks for considering this a win for me Coin <3

Game 3 I had a good hand, and I think he had a bad one.  I drew more pillars than I thought statistically possible, and quickly dropped a frog and afla'd it.  I got out two pillars and four pendulums, and he couldn't draw an earthquake to save his life.  I had a full field when I dropped my first bond.

It all came down to that.  I had two extra life quanta, he had four devourers.  Statistics were on my side.  The oracle had given me a blessing this morning.  I'd been working all day to earn good karma.  I just needed the four devourers to leave 2 life quanta in tact.

They stole three.

I died one quanta shy of healing enough to win.  EDIT:  He had a second steal in hand.  -.-

• coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg199739#msg199739
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 10:46:57 pm »
Slight clarification:  I was discarding EQs that last match.  I had so many they were clogging up my hand and I thought it more prudent to get damage out vs what clearly wasn't going to damage me to death, making your quanta less precious.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg199742#msg199742
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 10:48:09 pm »
-.-

That just makes my defeat more resounding, you had so much controll you didn't /need/ to use earthquakes.

Kurohami

Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg199770#msg199770
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 11:21:51 pm »
I thought Killsdazombies forgot a incantation or two.

Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg199826#msg199826
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 12:22:21 am »
I find it quite sad that Gl1tch lost with this deck.
It was 40 cards (mildy uncommon since you want to make the most out of your vault)
It did not use graboids, novas, dicords, antimatters, earthquakes ect.
It woked very well with it's element's general strategy anyway.
It used spine carpaces, great use of the 3 upped cards.

And it lost to some 'meh' Earth Darkness denail...

Stuff happens. I'll get over it. Hopefully when I have money, I'll build this deck myself and spin it around in pvp. I still haven't gotten over how awesome it is (regardless of effectiveness) compared to the other generic pvp and war decks.

• Old to Elements
Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg200052#msg200052
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 06:03:50 am »
I find it quite sad that Gl1tch lost with this deck.
It was 40 cards (mildy uncommon since you want to make the most out of your vault)
It did not use graboids, novas, dicords, antimatters, earthquakes ect.
It woked very well with it's element's general strategy anyway.
It used spine carpaces, great use of the 3 upped cards.

And it lost to some 'meh' Earth Darkness denail...

Stuff happens. I'll get over it. Hopefully when I have money, I'll build this deck myself and spin it around in pvp. I still haven't gotten over how awesome it is (regardless of effectiveness) compared to the other generic pvp and war decks.
I'm sorry I went for the kill instead of experimenting.  I built a deck that I thought could stop a Life creature rush as well as prevent most other strategies with Devourers.  I worked very well with our vault and Earth's general strategy, and Gl1tch clearly made me adapt from my denying his win to winning myself strategy that I had originally planned.  I understand liking unique decks, and I play with my own when I'm PVP2ing and grinding T50, but at some point the tried and true methods are that for a reason.  This deck was far more effective than others I considered, and I have no regrets.  Sorry to disappoint you on the creativity front.

Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg200084#msg200084
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 07:05:04 am »
I'm sorry I went for the kill instead of experimenting.  I built a deck that I thought could stop a Life creature rush as well as prevent most other strategies with Devourers.  I worked very well with our vault and Earth's general strategy, and Gl1tch clearly made me adapt from my denying his win to winning myself strategy that I had originally planned.  I understand liking unique decks, and I play with my own when I'm PVP2ing and grinding T50, but at some point the tried and true methods are that for a reason.  This deck was far more effective than others I considered, and I have no regrets.  Sorry to disappoint you on the creativity front.
Don't worry too much, it's more of a general rant than one directed specifically at you. (And it's just me, so...)
I've seen your decks for the Death trials (I love those aspects of PvPing, so I look into them...trying not to sound creepy), so I'm not dissapointed in you, as far as I can see from the last war, people mostly play with the decks given.
It's a shame though that creative deckbuilding is almost discouraged though...

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: (Earth) coinich 2 - Gl1tch 0 (Life) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15602.msg200339#msg200339
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 05:34:26 pm »
Don't worry too much, it's more of a general rant than one directed specifically at you. (And it's just me, so...)
I've seen your decks for the Death trials (I love those aspects of PvPing, so I look into them...trying not to sound creepy), so I'm not dissapointed in you, as far as I can see from the last war, people mostly play with the decks given.
It's a shame though that creative deckbuilding is almost discouraged though...
I disagree.  The main difference between KDZ's mastering and mine, if you excuse the terrible team I picked last year, is the originality of his decks.  Just look at our win versus xdude.  Gravity shield?  In a life deck?  Who'd have thunk!

anything
blarg: