*Author

Offline HyroenTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
[Fire] Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy] Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198333#msg198333
« on: November 10, 2010, 10:55:38 pm »
Scary matchup and matches, good games Zeru.

Zeru: "Lottery matchup", Hyroen: "Ragingly entropic"

Code: [Select]
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f7 5f7 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo
It was tempting to play my pillars that came to hand, because with pendulums, extra :air just wasn't cutting it. Neurotoxin actually made me think. Thank you Farenheits.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline lava golem

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lava golem is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Fire
Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198337#msg198337
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:58:13 pm »
1 hour into the duel phase and alreay a win nice job Hyroen :)
lava golems are the best creatures in the game cause I said so

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198338#msg198338
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »
Great job hyroen.

The deck me and mojafa made actually worked.

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198339#msg198339
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:02:24 pm »
4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2
This matchup was probably one of the most luck based ever. If I get a discord before he plays wings, I win. Otherwise, he does. Probability was on my side. Luck was not.

Round 1 - defeated him with 49 hp left.
Round 2 - this was very painful. I had a discord ready in the same round as he played wings. He won by a coin toss. I couldn't do anything to win this.
Round 3 - good start but no discord in hand. I did have 2 dune scorpion out pretty fast though. The match ended with him having 17 hp left. He didn't have to bolt me. The game was his without it.

Good games. Who cannot love random battles?

Offline Sir Valimont

• Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198352#msg198352
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 11:15:59 pm »
Great job hyroen.

It had no business working unless your plan was to get lucky. That deck is 30% to win against ours by my estimation. It auto-loses if Discord comes out first, or if Wings aren't drawn, or if Fahrenheit is too late, or if not enough quanta is drawn. Hyroen got lucky ... too bad for us that it happened in Round 3.

EDIT to add: a 30% win ratio translates to 21.6% likely to win a best-of-3.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198380#msg198380
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 11:46:53 pm »
4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2

.......wow. Xinef used an EXACTLY the same discord/chaos dune scorps deck.

What did you two do, telepathy or something?
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198397#msg198397
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 12:01:17 am »
Great job hyroen.

It had no business working unless your plan was to get lucky. That deck is 30% to win against ours by my estimation. It auto-loses if Discord comes out first, or if Wings aren't drawn, or if Fahrenheit is too late, or if not enough quanta is drawn. Hyroen got lucky ... too bad for us that it happened in Round 3.
It's not THAT luck based.  It was a calculated risk, but it payed off.

Offline Sir Valimont

• Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198406#msg198406
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 12:06:27 am »
It's not THAT luck based.  It was a calculated risk, but it payed off.
It's not luck based as deck design goes -- it's just that the only possible way to beat our Scorpion deck with it is to get very lucky. Right off the bat, it's simply impossible to win if Discord comes out before Wings, which it does a majority of the time. Let's examine:

You have 9 pendulums out of 32 cards in your deck, and Wings costs 4 Air Quanta.

We have 10 pendulums out of 30 cards in our deck, and Discord costs 3 Entropy Quanta.

Hyroen picked 3 pendulums and Wings both of the later games and Zeru did not get Discord out in time both games. Hyroen also got Fahrenheit early both games.

It's quite easy to lose with your deck in many other ways also, none of which happened: Not drawing enough quanta early, not drawing enough Wings, not drawing Fahrenheit are all ways you could lose. We usually run tests on lots of decks in our deckbuilding and strategy sessions; we will probably run your deck against ours several times to see what the win% is more exactly.

It's definitely frustrating to lose 24 cards including some that we need when we designed and chose the right deck to win. I guess that's just the way it goes. Luckily we have cards to spare.

Malduk

Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198414#msg198414
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 12:14:55 am »
I watched just a first game and thought Zeru has this matchup in the bag. GGs.

It's definitely frustrating to lose 24 cards including some that we need when we designed and chose the right deck to win. I guess that's just the way it goes. Luckily we have cards to spare.
You need to discard 18 this round, not 24, or are you counting those 6 you'd salvage there too?  :)

Offline Sir Valimont

Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198417#msg198417
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 12:16:45 am »
You need to discard 18 this round, not 24, or are you counting those 6 you'd salvage there too?  :)
Yes, and since we consider Fire one of our toughest opponents it's really more like a 48-card loss on bad luck.

Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198426#msg198426
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 12:25:07 am »
It's not luck based as deck design goes -- it's just that the only possible way to beat our Scorpion deck with it is to get very lucky. Right off the bat, it's simply impossible to win if Discord comes out before Wings, which it does a majority of the time. Let's examine:

You have 9 pendulums out of 32 cards in your deck, and Wings costs 4 Air Quanta.

We have 10 pendulums out of 30 cards in our deck, and Discord costs 3 Entropy Quanta.
Your logic is very flawed.  The Fire deck had an Air mark; your deck did not have an Entropy mark.  Your deck should lose this matchup 60% of time.

Think about the timing of quanta flow from pendula.
    The fire deck needed to draw 2 pendula by its second turn in order to play a turn 3 wings.The entropy deck needed to draw 3 entropy pendula on its first turn in order to play a turn 2 discord, or else it could not get discord out until turn 4.

Fun game to watch though!

Offline Sir Valimont

Re: [Fire]Hyroen 2 -1 [Master of Entropy]Zeru https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15485.msg198441#msg198441
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 12:34:46 am »
Your logic is very flawed.  The Fire deck had an Air mark; your deck did not have an Entropy mark.  Your deck should lose this matchup 60% of time.
This is utter nonsense. I will post testing results for your benefit later on.

No reason to turn this into an argument, anyone can clearly see Hyroen got lucky, but that's part of the game. Congratulations to team Fire.

blarg: