*Author

didonko

Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg91525#msg91525
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:21:42 pm »
Code: [Select]
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58s 590 590 590 590 590 590 591 591 591 591 591 595 595 595 595 595
Simple graboid/shrieker rush with a heavy hitter stall. His deck - alfatoxin + skull shield + bone dragons

First round I lost the coin. He got out skull shield and at round 3 or 4 a bone dragon. I had no BBs but got out a couple of graboids. Got them into shriekers and took shriekers as well. He alfatoxined a shrieker, but it was too late. By the time he got 2 cells it was gg.

Second round I think I won the coin. Bad draw. Or at least I thought so. Only 2 pillars at hand + 1 drawn on first hand. However, I had all BBs at hand. Aand stalled all of his 3 bone dragons while I got 3 or 4 graboids. Then at one turn transformed them all + 2 fresh graboids. He alfatoxined 2 (and had shield up) but it was gg sooner than that.

And that sealed the deal for another win for :earth (9-0 for now). Funny fact - the three first topics were all :eart wins xD

Azumi

Re: Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg91527#msg91527
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:48 pm »
We tried not to dissappoint the people that complained/ thought Earth only runs shrieker rush

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg91528#msg91528
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:25:08 pm »
Code: [Select]
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 52h 52h 52h 52h 52h 52l 52l 52l 52l 52s 52s 52s 52s 52s 52s
There's just something about having 6 Shriekers pop into your face in one turn that makes things difficult.  Can't say I could've done any better with this deck; both games were good and I had a shot at winning both as well; just a Shrieker rush, while anticipated, is just stronger.  His BBs never worried me; I counted on him never having any way of getting rid of my Dragons.  I was far more worried about losing my pillars; without those the deck would've collapsed.  Only a Fire Shield or Thorn Carapace could've changed the direction of this match, and even then I think the two of those could be worked around.

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg91949#msg91949
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:32:31 am »
Man, and I was really hoping team Death would deal the first blow to Earth.  Better luck next time.

finkel

Re: Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg91981#msg91981
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:07:29 am »
@coinich: It might have been a neat idea to try photons/any other creature with <3 health+aflaotoxin+empathetic bonds. ;)

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg92059#msg92059
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:41:41 am »
@coinich: It might have been a neat idea to try photons/any other creature with <3 health+aflaotoxin+empathetic bonds. ;)
Our origional deck planned for that, with Pulvies (Time/Grav/Earth trio) but we changed it up a bit to make it faster, and it looks like it payed off. I had originally placed some Stone Skins in Di's deck, where those BBs are now, figuring there was a good chance of coming up vs. an Aether Phase stall or Miracle Poison deck. Fortunately neither of those happened, and our current deck worked fine.

(Looks like the ever-present threat of EQs ruins stall decks eh?)
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg92080#msg92080
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 04:31:40 am »
Our origional deck planned for that, with Pulvies (Time/Grav/Earth trio) but we changed it up a bit to make it faster, and it looks like it payed off. I had originally placed some Stone Skins in Di's deck, where those BBs are now, figuring there was a good chance of coming up vs. an Aether Phase stall or Miracle Poison deck. Fortunately neither of those happened, and our current deck worked fine.

Not really.  Seeing as life has a maximum 162 cards left at the end of this round, even if we win all of our next matchups, I feel no shame in throwing in the towel now and talking about our nefarious plans.

Whether or not it worked, I used a double bluff ploy on you guys several times.  Instead of going pillarless like I taunted we could, life instead took three decks that were extremely pillar heavy.  And lo-and-behold Earth never took earthquake.  This is a strategy I employed many times.

Fearing parasites from darkness, I told one of their members we were taking a dragon rush against them, followed by a quick "you're on team death, aren't you?"  We then took an adrenaline deck that would have been destroyed by parasites, only to find they took dragon killing cards instead.  (Rage potion, but you know, it's not like we could have countered that, especially with fractal dead).

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Didonko earth 2 - 0 death coinich https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8091.msg92084#msg92084
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 04:34:21 am »

Not really.  Seeing as life has a maximum 162 cards left at the end of this round, even if we win all of our next matchups, I feel no shame in throwing in the towel now and talking about our nefarious plans.

Whether or not it worked, I used a double bluff ploy on you guys several times.  Instead of going pillarless like I taunted we could, life instead took three decks that were extremely pillar heavy.  And lo-and-behold Earth never took earthquake.  This is a strategy I employed many times.

Fearing parasites from darkness, I told one of their members we were taking a dragon rush against them, followed by a quick "you're on team death, aren't you?"  We then took an adrenaline deck that would have been destroyed by parasites, only to find they took dragon killing cards instead.  (Rage potion, but you know, it's not like we could have countered that, especially with fractal dead).
lol, the funny thing is, all these plans failed.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

blarg: