*Author

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: (Entropy SideBoard) CCC 3 - 1 (Life Discard) Helston https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59893.msg1209228#msg1209228
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 02:50:48 pm »
Team Life had a deck that didn't hard counter 100% of possible decks brought by the opponent? What a stupid gamble. They really should have thought this through a bit more.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: (Entropy SideBoard) CCC 3 - 1 (Life Discard) Helston https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59893.msg1209237#msg1209237
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 03:09:21 pm »
Sending AM vs life is a very solid choice, meaning you took a big risk with a deck like this, you not understanding that and being aggressive in your answers just shows that, I only stated that you gambled on a certain matchup or a few and it didn't pay off, no need to be offended.
Sorry, I guess I tend to read comments like these as more of criticism towards a team's deckbuilding ability or ability to make good predictions during War rather than genuine curiosity regarding deckbuilding decisions. I'll work on addressing the question rather than making snarky comments in the future.

That aside, I fully understand that Antimatter causes issues for Life in general but I also feel that there are a large number of other cards that Entropy historically uses during War against Life that deserve a significant amount of consideration as well. I ultimately felt comfortable with using a deck that has no real answers versus Antimatter aside from stalling simply because I didn't predict a stall to be used versus us, I expected something similar to what we faced this round minus Pandemonium and Gravity Pull causing as many problems as they did. I don't really have any reasoning for this aside from gut feeling and having experienced what preparing for these matchups feels like for Entropy from last War. The only regret I have for this matchup is not having thought to take 34 cards in the event of facing a minimum Sideboard deck, in the event that the duel came down to deckout.

So yes, it ultimately was a gamble, but then again I feel like 95% of our deck choices are usually gambles especially during the earliest rounds of War.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline CCCombobreakerTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Entropy SideBoard) CCC 3 - 1 (Life Discard) Helston https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59893.msg1209284#msg1209284
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:28 pm »
Videos added.
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline Helston

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Usually reliably unreliable. Sometimes.
  • Awards: Silver DonorMaster of Elemental Locks (False Elements 2)Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: (Entropy SideBoard) CCC 3 - 1 (Life Discard) Helston https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59893.msg1209326#msg1209326
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 12:38:06 am »
Looking back on those decks, very well done entropy.

Now time to go watch myself be horribly nervous playing those matches.
[15:02:07] Jocko [ยป] Helston: You killed a bunch of bunnies with nuclear weapons

anything
blarg: