*Author

MrBlonde

(Death) Gen. MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413499#msg413499
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:05:29 am »
Great games Rush. That grabbow is a pain in the arse and i consider myself lucky to have beat it. My upped cards made all the difference in the world. Every game he had 2 novas out by his 2nd turn. I ended up playing my pillars pends aggressively (game 2 i played 3 pillars turn one) just so i could get an upped spider out.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52j 52j 52q 52t 52t 52t 542 542 542 542 542 542 5on 5on 713 713 713 713 71a 7n8 7n8 7n8 7n8 8pr

Game 1 (Win) - I won this one on the last turn with 2 HP to spare. If he had topdecked a grabby he would have won. It was pretty slow going as he got a discord out before i could get a wings out. I blasted one of his grabby's with a shockwave just to let him know that in the next rounds he couldn't just leave them out willy nilly. As expected i got a wings blown up but just had enough oomph to eke it out even with his Fog up.

Game 2 (Win) - Another close game. This time he did not get an early discord out but it basically came down to the last turn again. He EQ'd my pillars blew up a wings but when i was at 22 hp with enough damage to kill me in a turn i was able to get out another wings and from there he couldn't do anything with no CC and no more PC.

Game 3 (Loss) - From the start i thought i didn't have much of a chance and i really didn't. Got smooshed pretty badly here. All 3 games my arsenics came out late making me think that they didn't like me.

Game 4 (Win) - So this game i messaged him saying he needed to get a bad draw. So turn one he throws out 3 novas and a grabby first turn and a fog shield 2nd turn. So i'm like  :-X. Fortunately though he did not have a discord or a EQ at the beginning and i was able to get out my wings turn 3 which was HUGE. Basically controlled this matchup at 90 HP with me chaining wings AND i actually had an early arsenic which did a little damage (ended with a 3 poison counter).

General notes - I've had this matchup before where my wings vs discord just failed. This time though having wings upped likely made all the difference along with my upped spiders. Rush6 also had an odd strategy. Every single game i think he actually pulled his purify in his opening hand and played it immediately each game. Otherwise tough matchup and ended up on the lucky side of this battle as i was able to get just enough to win the first 2 games.

Rush6

Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413513#msg413513
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:24:41 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 590 590 590 590 590 590 593 593 593 593 5ia 5ia 74f 7dm 7n0 8pm

Well, going up against upped wings with only grabbys and discord (no flying creatures) was not an ideal matchup for me.  However, I played the cards that I had as well as I could and I really was hoping for a 5th game to show more justice to our matchup.  MrBlonde played well and Team Death should be very proud of him.  You guys also played a great deck as we chanced at a grabbow repeat and you countered with a general fully prepared with wings  :P

First game, I used explosion and got him down to 2hp.  Probably didn't help I wasn't drawing grabbys.
0-1

Second game, discord tick ended up giving him enough quanta for wings on last turn before finishing blow.  Live and die by the discord I guess.  Once again lost within one turn.
0-2

Was running out of time, he was filling the field....waited as long as I could, then BH and let my 2 grabbys and discord take a couple turns to wittle him down before wings came up.
1-2

Didn't draw discord in first half of deck.  Survived 2 sets of wings, finally got discord...used explosion and BH, but I couldn't take him from 90 to 0 before he finished me off with like 30 health left.  No disco hurt dearly.
1-3

It was a pleasure, but like I said a game 5 would have made me much more satisfied.  Good luck to Team Death in war and I'm sure we'll see you later on.

Offline jippy99

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413516#msg413516
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:30:04 am »
Pretty nice mindgate there Blondey, and it was very smart for us to change places.  Otherwise we'd be sitting with a useless general match and a crushed defeat against entropy.  Rush, you played well, gave us a real challenge here.  And more pretty grabbow salvage :).
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Rush6

Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413517#msg413517
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:30:06 am »
As for the "odd strategy," I realized that the rush was going to hurt me more than the off chance that you finally got your arsenic.  Since you didn't have any poisons, then it's actually a pretty good strategy considering in my personal opinion.  I was healing 1 or 2 per turn against almost pure rush each time....could have potentially saved me in the end.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413519#msg413519
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:32:26 am »
recluse+wings with no poisons? huh. Whenever I play flesh spiders and wings I always add poisons. Are mummies better?

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413521#msg413521
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 01:34:48 am »
*switches mrblonde to vs entropy at the last second* ahhhh much better :) awesome job!

MrBlonde

Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413531#msg413531
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:42:26 am »
As for the "odd strategy," I realized that the rush was going to hurt me more than the off chance that you finally got your arsenic.  Since you didn't have any poisons, then it's actually a pretty good strategy considering in my personal opinion.  I was healing 1 or 2 per turn against almost pure rush each time....could have potentially saved me in the end.
I don't disagree with your assessment. Just really surprised me round 1 since we certainly could have had poisons. Wasn't trying to be critical  :) Great games rush.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413600#msg413600
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:41 am »
Gratz Blondey well done ! I was sure that 'the wyrm' will win vs entropy :) Good try Rush6
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Dwerg

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Dwerg is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • A fool sees not the same tree a wise man sees
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Death) Gen. MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413709#msg413709
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:20 pm »
well played death and good job Rush we got countered and you still managed to win a game.
He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence

Rush6

Re: (Death) MrBlonde 3 - (Entropy) Rush6 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32734.msg413744#msg413744
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 02:35:30 pm »
I don't disagree with your assessment. Just really surprised me round 1 since we certainly could have had poisons. Wasn't trying to be critical  :) Great games rush.
I realize you are not being critical.  I just figured if you were going to get poisons out, then you would have done it before putting out 2 creatures in the first game.  After that, everything was just reassuring it was the right move  :P  Just explaining the logic behind it, that's alll :D

blarg: MrBlonde,Rush6