*Author

Offline dragonsdemesneTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
(Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413324#msg413324
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:47:28 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 590 590 590 5og 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5ri 5ri 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5t2 5t2 71a 77g 77g 7dm 7dm 7q5 8pm

Game 1: Turn 2 Fate Egg hatches into Turn 3 Crimson Dragon.  Thanks, RNG :)  Gumbeh gets a turn 2 discord but it doesn't bother me.  Maxwell's demon comes out but I keep rewinding it.  Then I draw graboids, and backed by RTs they go all the way.  Since I don't know what's in his deck yet, I'm nervous all game he's going to antimatter my dragon, so I am a little worried that spending my RTs is a mistake, but I keep drawing so many of them that I figure I have enough to keep the demon at bay and have one in reserve in case antimatter comes out.  Turns out I never saw an AM in all 4 games.  Dissipation Field (or shield? whichever is unupped) buys him a couple turns at the end, but to no avail.  And I still have one RT at the end.  1-0

Game 2: I'm a bit worried that my opening hand is quanta-light, with only a factory and a nova.  He gets turn 2 maxwells, which is worrisome.  I decide to hold off playing a fate egg so I can get my hourglass out the turn after.  I think it was the right call, especially with maxwell's there.  I get some graboids out but they have to stay burrowed due to maxwell's, so I'm not doing much damage this game.  He plays a dragon, and I keep rewinding it, but I'm still taking an awful beating.  A desync yellow ! error pops up on my side, but as far as I can tell, the only error was that I erroneously see Gumby's hand as full for a turn or two.  In any event, nothing else weird seems to happen and neither of us contest the result.  At the end I spam RTs burying his dragon under maxwell's, but he had another dragon in hand; if he hadn't, I might have been okay.  1-1 even.

Game 3: I'm pretty happy with my opening hand.  On turn 2 I have graboid and hourglass out, so 'happy' is a bit of an understatement.  I explode his early discord.  Hourglass goes berserk and I draw lots of very nice things.  A Fate Egg hatches into a shrieker, which is boring since I have lots in the deck already, but I'm not complaining.  There's no way that gumby can overcome my fantastic draw, and hourglass card advantage wins the game.  2-1

Desnyc: We search for each other, but when I put gumby in, I immediately see those red thingies flash, but for like 0.1 second, then it disappears and I'm still waiting, while he's in the game.  (never seen that particular type of desync happen before) He also drops out of chat at the same time for a bit.  I pm Matrim and I guess he contacts Gumby to let him know this, because I reconnect with him in duel before Gumby returns to elements chat.  He screenshots his hand; 6x pillar/pend and 1x abomination.

Desync: We rematch the last game, only this time I connect and he doesn't.  My hand is fog shield, graboid, 1337 graboid, factory, nova,  explosion, RT.

Game 4: I get a pretty good defensive hand, but no critters besides fate egg.  Hax Fog comes up turn 1 with 2x novas, and I've got 2x RT and the egg in hand.  Gumby gets turn 2 discord, but with the novas and fog I don't mind much.  Fate Egg hatches into a Red Nymph, of all things.  (Team Nymph?)  This makes me reluctant to play my explosion on discord that I just drew, and I decide to save fire quanta for raging.  Discord fuels my rage, quite literally, by giving me fire quanta.  I finally pick up a source of damage besides my 1/6 nymph in the form of Arsenic, and play it for the first time all day.  I'm fearing that Gumby is holding dragons in hand, waiting for me to use up my fire quanta on abominations.  Eventually I figure that he probably doesn't have them in hand, and I RT his abominations.  Discord keeps on being friendly and giving me more Fire quanta for rage.  Hourglass and Graboid get me back into the game, but Gumby gets a dragon out, and it's on!  He's way ahead in HP, but I've got hax shield out and a larger board presence.  A beautifully-timed RT topdeck sends his dragon back when he's only got 8 quanta, and the 2nd egg hatches into an iridium warden.  Nice with earth mark :)  HP is getting down to the wire on both sides.  Hax shield blocks like a boss and I'm at 13hp. I guard his demon and attack; he's down to 5 hp.  I'm at 13, he's got discord, abomination, and dragon in hand and playable.  It's down to hax shield rng; I need it to block either the dragon or everything else.  It blocks the dragon, thank goodness, and I win with 9hp left.  3-1

I got really lucky in game 4 with the red nymph + discord fire quanta and the fog shield that was pretending to be a dimensional shield, but Gumby was a good sport about it.  This could have very easily been 2-2 and gone to the final game.

I wasn't expecting monoentropy for this matchup, so I had no idea how it would go as we played.  I had tested this deck against entropy's round 1 decks, and I went 9-4 against the DBH and 4-0 against the EQ one, but 0-4 vs pandebonium, so I was hoping they'd go for a variant of one of their round 1 decks.  (I thought they'd either go with what worked in round 1, or use pandebonium, so they did succeed at being unpredictable)  I was very excited when I saw them use pandebonium against aether, since I figured that meant they wouldn't have it to use against us, too.

(If warmasters need it for anything, I have a video of the entire match.  It'll be in the time secret forum, too, for us now, and for the rest of you after war, if you still care by then)

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413331#msg413331
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vd 4vd 4vd 4vd 4ve 4ve 4ve 4ve 4ve 4vf 4vf 4vf 4vg 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 6ts 6ts 6ve 8pj

I drew a few pillars, but not enough to keep up with RT spam. played Maxwell's Demon repeatedly but to little effect. Upgraded Hourglass helped a great deal with ensuring the RTs kept coming out along with the grabbiesI quickly threw 3 demons onto the field with enough pillars to repeatedly send them back out after RT bounce. dragonsdemesne was forced to keep his shriekers burrowed. Desync forced me to play against AI but it was a clear winDidn't draw the right cards, IIRC. Went very poorly all around, I think?Very close match where I didn't draw demons for awhile but kept up solid pressure with almost all of my abominations. Fate Egg became a Red Nymph who helped make up for the fact that he wasn't drawing enough RTs. At one point he had 17 hp and I had 50, but unfortunately Fog Shield started doing incredibly well and Red Nymph was slowing me down a tad. At the last round of the match, getting through fog shield would've been a win, but the dice were not in my favor and I died to... poison or something. Arsenic and Fog Shield are incredible rainbow splash stall cards and can win a game by themselves, in certain situations
Good games, dragon! I predicted my deck would lose to timebows and I was right, but the demons that Matrim suggested really were amazing when they had a chance to shine. Almost worked!

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413332#msg413332
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:57:40 pm »
Fate eggs in war?? good job team  :time
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413350#msg413350
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:10:19 pm »
Nice deck, you dare using fate egg and you won :) gratz !
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline ffun

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ffun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413355#msg413355
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:17:35 pm »
Grats DD for winning some nail biting duels. The last one was awful to spectate, but fortunately hax shield did its job!

The MVP of the match? Fate egg with a Crimson Dragon hatch in duel 1 and Red Nymph in duel 3! :D

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413360#msg413360
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:30:57 pm »
props for running fate eggs in a war deck
double props for winning with fate eggs in your war deck
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413426#msg413426
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 10:15:00 pm »
Couldn't see the match but I'm close to singing a Marseillaise for you, my friend  ;)
Great job, showed that it was right to set you up versus :entropy, great deck building, great playing, thanks DD.

kirchj33

Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg413753#msg413753
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 03:02:36 pm »
Very entertaining read from you two guys along with my morning coffee  :))  Grats to time and you'll get 'em next time Gumbeh!

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: (Time) Lt. Dragonsdemesne 3 - (Entropy) Gumbeh - 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32718.msg414011#msg414011
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 01:53:12 am »
props for running fate eggs in a war deck
double props for winning with fate eggs in your war deck
QFT.

Imagine if they were upped..... :o

First round UPPED golden nymph, and now fate eggs.  Team :time has a new fan in me.  Keep it up!
Bring back Holy Cow!

blarg: dragonsdemesne,Gumbeh