*Author

Offline AfdarentyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
(Air Gen) Afdarenty 3 - 0 propheon (Time -Discard) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59927.msg1209402#msg1209402
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:37:17 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sr 5f6 5f6 5oc 5oc 5on 5on 5on 5on 5op 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7ng 7ng 7ng 8po

Good games - very tense, very difficult to play from my end. I have no idea who was favoured here, even after the 3-0 scoreline.

Game 1:
This game went deep into the late game. 2 quanta start meant I had a slow start for this one. No early hourglasses helped me a ton in this one. I guessed what he was playing from his mark, but wasn't expecting so many SoG. Together with Jade Shield they did a great job of blocking my damage. I knew that the longer the game lasted, the more likely Time were to win it so used my deflags on SoG trying to get the win before they set up. An early GotP got shockwaved before propheon could combo with it, buying me a lot of time. Eternity pops us with about 20 left for propheon, and even though I was 18 cards in I didn't have 8 quanta so I lose a creature every other turn. I still had enough damage to win, but then he draws all 6 SoG in the first half of his deck. At this point the game is pretty much his, but he misplays the SoR combo on his Dragon, only producing one. I double shockwave it, then deck him out.

Game 2:
He starts with no Time pends. I have a 4 tower start with a nymph in hand. I know I have a great chance to beat him before he can actually play his Jade Shield. He doesn't draw any pends for the first 2 or 3 turns, but one RT slows me down by 2 turns. I continue to draw quanta, with 1 deflag and 2 shockwaves in hand. I know if Jade comes down it's game over for me, so deflag the first pendulum that he plays, buying me 1 extra turn minimum of no Jade, possibly 2, at the cost of losing to an Eternity topdeck. Propheon drew into 2 or 3 pendulums, but I managed to kill him with 3 UG the turn before he could have played a Jade (if he even had one).

Game 3:
2 quanta start for me, but I topdeck a tower immediately. Fair draw for propheon, though, 2 pendulums. I play a wyrm to start chipping away at his health along with a couple damsels, then a nymph. I played the Nymph early to force him to save up for Jade Shield, but didn't use it's skill - this was what won me the game. Instead of playing UG with the Nymph I played more Wyrms. He is still forced to play Jade Shield, so doesn't play any SoG until the mid game, but by this point I have 2 or 3 Wyrms out with a blitz in hand. I save up quanta for a turn, dive 3 Wyrms, skyblitz, and hit him for ~60 damage to win it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:06:32 pm by mathman101 »

Offline propheon

• Reputation Power: 5
  • propheon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Chronos is on my side !
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3 - 0 propheon (Time -Discard) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59927.msg1209403#msg1209403
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 12:40:46 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5c9 5c9 5c9 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rk 5rm 5se 5se 5se 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 7ak 7ak 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7qe 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pn

just another exemple of why i should never play combo deck

game 1: i had to draw too much to survive and deck out myself too much

game 2 :afda did about 60 damage in one turn , next turn i had my shield giving me the win

game 3 : all my time quanta all my life card no hope
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:45:26 pm by propheon »
This Time!

Offline FunkyFox

• Reputation Power: 1
  • FunkyFox is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm a bit rusty
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3 - 0 propheon (Time -Discard) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59927.msg1209460#msg1209460
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 11:04:42 pm »
game 2 :afda did about 60 damage in one turn , next turn i had my shield giving me the win

Game 2:
He starts with no Time pends. I have a 4 tower start with a nymph in hand. I know I have a great chance to beat him before he can actually play his Jade Shield. He doesn't draw any pends for the first 2 or 3 turns, but one RT slows me down by 2 turns. I continue to draw quanta, with 1 deflag and 2 shockwaves in hand. I know if Jade comes down it's game over for me, so deflag the first pendulum that he plays, buying me 1 extra turn minimum of no Jade, possibly 2, at the cost of losing to an Eternity topdeck. Propheon drew into 2 or 3 pendulums, but I managed to kill him with 3 UG the turn before he could have played a Jade (if he even had one).

so... who won round 2?
falco f-air ftw

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3 - 0 propheon (Time -Discard) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59927.msg1209461#msg1209461
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:06:42 pm »
*points at 3 - 0  scoreline in title*
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3 - 0 propheon (Time -Discard) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59927.msg1209462#msg1209462
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:09:09 pm »
I think propheon meant, he could've played the shield the turn after he died.
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

anything
blarg: Hyroen