*Author

Offline MithcairionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
(Earth) Lt. Mithcairion 3 - (Fire) TheForbiddenOracle 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32775.msg414037#msg414037
« on: October 22, 2011, 03:37:15 am »
Nix 'em
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
595 595 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5f6 5f6 5fb 5fb 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 8po

...and doggone it, people like me!

Yup, so that was my first War win.  Only been trying since March to get one, not too bad, right?  To the synopses!

Game 1:  I see the death mark and immediately assume it's Fire's Bonebolt.  I get a good pend draw, the critters follow, I Deflag an Arsenic or two, break down a Bone Wall, get a Golem 'bolted, break down another, killed him before the Poison got me.  Only one BB clogged my hand.  1-0

Game 2:  Another decent draw, pattern pretty much followed the same as the first game.  While I only had two Deflags in my deck, apparently they liked me since they flocked to my hand constantly. 2-0

Game 3:  There was a noted shift in TFO's playstyle here, and I don't know if he thought of it himself or someone coached him to it, but whomever did should be given a raise, as it turned what was a lopsided match to his favor.  Granted, it wasn't a great draw on my part (2 pend start, both BBs clogging my hand, 2 RPs and not enough critters), but the fact remains that I still would've won had TFO concentrated on trying to kill Golems.  2-1

Game 4:  Brutal start on my part.  Brutal.  One pend, didn't get another for 3-4 turns, had to discard a couple of Phoenixes, died pretty quickly.  2-2  Epic 5th game upcoming.

And then, TFO was whisked away by Phoenixes to a magical land where :earth and :fire live in peace and harmony.  There would be no epic 5th game that evening.  One of the worst nights of sleep I've ever had.

Game 5:  Epic start on my part.  5 pends in my opening hand, Golem played next turn, Phoenix and pend on the next, more Golems and Phoenixes followed.  There really wasn't anything he could do to stop me, but his Bone Wall did slow me down by a turn and a half.  In the end, a combination of five Golems and Phoenixes finished the job.

To Team :fire:  I can't tell you how long we went round and round over this matchup, this was as epic as we could have hoped, it really was a shame that either team had to lose.  To TFO, you're a helluva(n) opponent, it's been an honor.

To Team :earth:  Hellz yeah!  Great round, my compatriots, glad I could bring this one home for us!

This is my Pulvy....
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Earth) Mithcairion 3 - (Fire) TheForbiddenOracle 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32775.msg414039#msg414039
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 03:40:51 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52r 52r 52r 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 71a 71a 71b 8pk

Great games Mith :)

Game 1: Wasted Bolts on his golems, probably should've saved them.
Game 2: ^
Game 3: Saved bolts and lucked out with drawing an Arsenic.
Game 4: He had a 1 pend draw, which was really tough to get through considering his deck.
Game 5: He had an excellent draw of 5 pends, and that pretty much said game over.

kirchj33

Re: (Earth) Mithcairion 3 - (Fire) TheForbiddenOracle 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32775.msg414052#msg414052
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 04:57:19 am »
Holy balls.

I didn't realize you had never won a war match.  Geez.  Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?  I totally never would have bid on you had I known this Mith!   ;)

This matchup cause me a sleepless night as well.  Testing it after the first 4 matches showed us two things.  1.  The odds were about 60-40 in our favor of winning (not enough to make me feel better at all)  2.  It really didn't matter how skillfully the match was played on either end once both players knew what was going on, meaning RNG got to decide on her own who wins.

Anyways, thank you fire, for not taking 6 cards from this deck.

Offline MartyrX

• Reputation Power: 4
  • MartyrX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • !!!PULVERIZE!!!
Re: (Earth) Mithcairion 3 - (Fire) TheForbiddenOracle 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32775.msg414054#msg414054
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:01:33 am »
Freaking A Right Doggie,  Grabbies Unite!!! :earth :earth :earth

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: (Earth) Mithcairion 3 - (Fire) TheForbiddenOracle 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32775.msg414057#msg414057
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:36:49 am »
OOOOOH, i wake up for this, hello day! Good job.

Offline AnnaMall

• Reputation Power: 11
  • AnnaMall is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.AnnaMall is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • 2 SN and Lightning sitting there
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: (Earth) Mithcairion 3 - (Fire) TheForbiddenOracle 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32775.msg414060#msg414060
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 05:44:09 am »
Waking up 7 in saturday morning just to shake fists to the laptop indicates how stressed I was and i dont get stressed.
Congratz mith and job well done team  :earth. Glad RNG did not make a mithtake and smiled upon you, you more than worth it.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Earth) Lt. Mithcairion 3 - (Fire) TheForbiddenOracle 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32775.msg414071#msg414071
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 06:25:50 am »
WOOOOOO

great first 4 games to watch. That change in playstyle from TFO really had us on the the edge.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

anything
blarg: Mithcairion,TheForbiddenOracle