*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Air tinkerer) mrpaper 3-2 Calindu (Darkness Lt) subbed Aves https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60957.msg1220392#msg1220392
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 08:50:52 pm »
A very minor difference in the tinkerer rule would have solved this: only out element pendulums count as in element.

But that'd remove so many awesome decks. Immonymphs, Zap Splash Mono Fire, Darkness's SoP Duo. IMO the current iteration made for more creative decks.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few creative decks having to be heavily modified if the return is disallowing decks like this.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline mrpaperTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: (Air tinkerer) mrpaper 3-2 Calindu (Darkness Lt) subbed Aves https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60957.msg1220394#msg1220394
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 09:37:43 pm »
I hâted the tinkerer thing from the start... Decks with no or very little cards in element kill the spirit of the évent as I could have play the exact same deck being part of team light for example. It does nothing to prove air is better then darkness, though it shows our team is creative! 

That said, I'm happy we won!!

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: (Air tinkerer) mrpaper 3-2 Calindu (Darkness Lt) subbed Aves https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60957.msg1220395#msg1220395
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »
that's the point of boosts?
We could also let every team to use any cards. Lets call it the joker boost? Of course, we would only let one player per team per round, because we don't want it to be overpowered and this is still an element based event, right?

If you limit it to 2-3 cards in the deck that are not in your vault that would actually be an interesting boost (if I understood what you meant). My comment was more about crispy saying that boosts can easily be taken advantage from.

I liked tinkerer because it gave a more or less equal but limited access to certain decks to all teams, which means every team had good chances of beating any other team (:gravity would have had a much harder time against :fire for example if they didn't had to always expect bonewalls from us). It also made things more unpredictable which is good for the teams that are not doing so well and makes the later rounds more interesting imo.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: (Air tinkerer) mrpaper 3-2 Calindu (Darkness Lt) subbed Aves https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60957.msg1220436#msg1220436
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 07:47:43 am »
that's the point of boosts?
We could also let every team to use any cards. Lets call it the joker boost? Of course, we would only let one player per team per round, because we don't want it to be overpowered and this is still an element based event, right?

If you limit it to 2-3 cards in the deck that are not in your vault that would actually be an interesting boost (if I understood what you meant). My comment was more about crispy saying that boosts can easily be taken advantage from.

I liked tinkerer because it gave a more or less equal but limited access to certain decks to all teams, which means every team had good chances of beating any other team (:gravity would have had a much harder time against :fire for example if they didn't had to always expect bonewalls from us). It also made things more unpredictable which is good for the teams that are not doing so well and makes the later rounds more interesting imo.

Here, you talk about limitations to creativity. I did the same for the tinkerer (only pends allowed to stray from the theme of war, because with the mark, they are essentially still in element).  Equal access means this isn't a war of elements, but a war of teams. There would be no point of putting 'ruled by <element>' if they won by non-elements decks, right? Next war, if this trend continues, we better choose team names and forget elements.

Offline chrispybacon84

• Reputation Power: 5
  • chrispybacon84 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Most successful war noob :)
  • Awards: War #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: (Air tinkerer) mrpaper 3-2 Calindu (Darkness Lt) subbed Aves https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60957.msg1220555#msg1220555
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 07:31:27 am »

Here, you talk about limitations to creativity. I did the same for the tinkerer (only pends allowed to stray from the theme of war, because with the mark, they are essentially still in element).  Equal access means this isn't a war of elements, but a war of teams. There would be no point of putting 'ruled by <element>' if they won by non-elements decks, right? Next war, if this trend continues, we better choose team names and forget elements.

That is exactly my point of view, and I'm sure many others believe that as well. That's what makes tinkerer somewhat broken.
"I'm a slut"

blarg: Hyroen