*Author

Offline AfdarentyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
(Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 Odii Odsen (Gravity Lt) (Sub) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63802.msg1253282#msg1253282
« on: December 12, 2016, 07:55:45 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55t 590 590 590 590 5oc 5oc 5oc 5on 7dm 7dm 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7n5 7n5 80a 80a 8pm

First off, yay! Very proud to give Air its first War win, after the string of second place finishes.

Well done to Team Gravity for an impressive War - I honestly didn't think Gravity could be a top tier element in this meta, you've certainly proved me wrong. You were giving us a kicking around the middle of War, we had to completely rethink our decks against you to stand a chance.

Great job to all the first time Generals - there were a lot of very threatening teams this War, but you held your own. I hope you all come back with a vengeance next War, a little experience goes a long way.

To Team Air: you guys were awesome. Always there with ideas whenever I was stumped, always up for testing, and always cheerful! It's so easy to get disheartened when a big match doesn't go your way, but you always bounced right back into things. Sure, time was tight these last few rounds, but you gave your all and did an amazing job. I couldn't have got far without you.

As for the games...

G1: An okay draw for me with double Damsel, Graboid, EE and Deflag early. An early Pulvy from web gets exploded, which gave my EE free reign of the board. All my non-damsel creatures died to some form of CC - either GPull or BB - but the EE damage plus chip from Damsels was enough to win comfortably. Could have won this two or three turns before I did, but I wanted to scout out webs deck a little more.

G2: A so-so draw, with 4 Nova, one pillar and one Damsel. However, I drew two Graboids, then a Wyrm, then a 3rd Graboid, so ended up with what was quite a fast draw. web had a good amount of CC this game, and a threatening start with a Pulvy plus Golem/Overdrive combo. A shockwave/Bolt combo took down the first Golem, though, which bought me just enough time to win narrowly.

G3.1: Probably the weakest draws for both of us - far too much quanta on both sides. web playing pulvy early left him on 1 Earth Quanta, so I managed to get a Shrieker burrowed for the entire game. This came down to the last few turns. I pulled a few tricks - GPull on my BB'd Wyrm, Explosion and EE in the same turn to block his PC - to put myself in a position where if web GPulled a Damsel to push damage through I could revenge kill him the turn after, and if he GPull'd defensively on one of his own creatures I had enough CC to survive another two turns. He did the latter, so double bolt to kill his second Golem sealed the game.

Web voided the result of game 3.1 here using the Event Card, so the match continues here from 2-0 to Air.

G3.2: Easily my best draw of the set - 4 Damsels and two Graboids gave me a ton of chipping damage right from the start. Meanwhile, web had a slow 2 pendulum start only. GPull in hand gave me some protection from his damage as well, and I had EE waiting for when I drew deflag. I kept the Graboids burrowed until I drew into a Wyrm, then played/evolved all three at once. The Wyrm and the Graboid were both taken out, but the Damsels and the lone Graboid were enough to rush him.

Oh! And I almost forgot: big big thank you to the WMs. You had a lot of difficult situations crop up during this War, but kept everything on the rails. I appreciated your efforts throughout - good job!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:24:07 am by Afdarenty »

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 Odii Odsen (Gravity Lt) (Sub) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63802.msg1253283#msg1253283
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 07:56:36 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
55t 55t 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 58v 58v 595 595 595 748 74i 74i 74i 75m 75m 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77f 8pm
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 Odii Odsen (Gravity Lt) (Sub) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63802.msg1253284#msg1253284
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:00:24 pm »
Congrats Afda! Go :air Air!

Solid decks from :gravity Gravity this round as well. Good games.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

blarg: Hyroen