*Author

Offline jippy99Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
(Death St) jippy99 3-0 EvaRia (Aether Sc) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39448.msg490340#msg490340
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:38:26 pm »
GGs Eva, draws weren't always on your side, but you were a good sport.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 52h 52h 52h 52t 52t 52t 52t 52t 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5uo 5up 5up 5up 5v1 5v1 7ta 7tb 8pt

I was really glad to be able to play with Darkness Domin, it is quite possibly my favorite deck and it is so much fun to play with.

Game 1
I had a great draw with enough pillars/pends, the lone eclipse, and a few dragons.  I got the eclipse and one dragon out as Eva kept drawing pillars/pends.  I got the second dragon out and kept chipping away at his health.  On the last turn, I topdecked my dagger, put my mummy out, and nightmare'd a dragon all to give me enough damage to win.  Eva still hadn't played a non-pillar/pend, so I was still guessing about his deck.
1-0

Game 2
I had a decent draw again, with a mummy, 2 dragons, the eclipse, and enough quanta.  I got a steady amount of damage going and I finally saw his deck: EA Dims.  That made my steals useless and left me to pray to the RNG.  It eventually paid off.  Eva ran out of dims and played a Stone Skin, which I was able to out-damage and win.
2-0

Game 3
A decent start, but not as good.  A bunch of mummies and quanta, but no eclipse or dragons.  I got the mummies out and kept the damage on with my dagger until I got him down to 10 hp, which was when he started chaining dims.  I picked up a Nightmare and got him down to 6 hp, and he kept chaining.  I picked up a second nightmare, and patiently waited (which, if you know me, is nearly impossible for me to do) until he had 3 empty slots in his hand.  When he did, I nightmare'd for the win.
3-0

GGs Eva, they were fun.  You were a very good opponent and I enjoyed playing against you.  Good luck to you throughout the rest of war.
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: (Death St) jippy99 3-0 EvaRia (Aether Sc) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39448.msg490342#msg490342
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:45:37 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
58o 58o 592 592 592 592 592 592 594 594 594 594 594 594 5aa 5aa 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 77b 77b 8pm

Made a couple stupid mistakes, oh well.

Match 1:
I had about 38 HP left and he had about 19 on the field.
I decided that it was unlikely that he would be able to finish me next turn, but I was wrong.
Ended up playing Dim Shield a turn late, don't know how much better it would have turned out if I did.

Match 2:
Gave myself a bit more room before playing a dim. In the end my chain broke and I only had one SS. Nothing I could do really.

Match 3:
I put up a dim shield last minute (This time I made sure he couldn't outdamage me first.)

My draws were much better this time, but at 10 hp I was really on the edge.
After one more night mare throwing me down to 6, I made a mental note not to let my hand empty too much.
Which I promptly forgot of course. Immediate regret after pressing spacebar. I could easily have decked him with 4 SS in hand and plenty of quanta.

Good games though!

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Death St) jippy99 3-0 EvaRia (Aether Sc) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39448.msg490351#msg490351
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:58:41 pm »
good try eva. This was a tough matchup for our fat stall :/

anything
blarg: