*Author

Offline JonathanCrazyJTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
(Water sld) Espithel [JonathanCrazyJ Sub] 3-2 Iorveil [Regyptic Sub] (Earth sld) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59815.msg1208407#msg1208407
« on: October 03, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 590 590 590 590 590 5c1 5c1 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i7 5ie 5ie 5jm 5jm 5og 71a 7dm 7gm 7gm 7gn 7gn 80k 8pm

Mercenary Boost (40% in Element)

Very Tough / Even match-up. Regi played a great game, and I really enjoyed it.

Round 1: Gravy mark made me fear Black Holes, but i decided to aim for a rush start anyway with 3 novas in hand. Went well, no BH. However, turn 2 Diamond Shield and Pulvy not long after made things REALLY slow, demolishing water quanta. Froze enough golems for long enough for BBs to wear off, and played Silence at a point where if he played a Golem, he'd beat me in 2 turns, which meant that when he WAS able to play one the following turn, it wasn't quite enough. won by about 4 hp.

Round 2: T2 pulvy, water crushed again. I thought I had a chance, but he just had too many BBs, and too early a Pulvy.

Round 3: 1 pillar start from both of us. We both drew more pillars, but I drew zero novas. We DC, and play AI. Here is my board late on in this game:
Spoiler for Wut:

Round 4: Feel desperate now. Won flip, and T1 Arsenic feels great, but his T2 Pulvy left him with only 2 poison counters. However, him having to pay attention to Arsenic, and later Fog, left me with enough quanta to freeze his golems for JUST long enough. Tense.

Round 5: Suddenly I remember why Grabbow is good. Best draw ever. 2 novas, range of cards, explosion in hand for the eventual Diamond Shield. Stark contrast to the tight previous games, I won with 100hp.

Great fun, ggs!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:08:22 pm by mathman101 »
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline Regyptic

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Regyptic hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #3Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: (Water sld) Espithel [JonathanCrazyJ Sub] 3-2 Iorveil [Regyptic Sub] (Earth sld) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59815.msg1208409#msg1208409
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 06:20:55 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
55p 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58v 58v 58v 595 595 595 59c 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77c 8pl

Discard boost

Spoiler for Match Summary:
Game 1 (Loss) - Lost toss. Not a great draw. Far too much quanta and no damage. Thankfully he only gets 1 pend and I drew my Diamond Shield and a Pulvy early. This let me keep his damage low and I eventually got a couple of Golems. I kept drawing more and more quanta and was a turn away from a win. I ended the game with about 4 pillars and a couple of Pulvys in my hand which there was no point in playing. I drew a Nymph on the last turn but decided to keep it hidden from him in case I could surprise him with it later. 0-1

Game 2 (Win) - Won toss. This was another game with too much quanta for me. About 9 of the first 13 cards drawn. This time I was able to slow him enough with Pulvy destroying quanta and BBs to win. 1-1

Game 3 (Win) - Won toss. I had a 1 pillar start but he was Nova-less all game. We disconnected quite quickly but even the AI couldn't mess up winning against the draw he had. 2-1

Game 4 (Loss) - Won toss. Ok start for me but he had a first turn Arsenic/Fog which took the attention of my Pulvy away from his quanta. He was able to get more damage going than me and a couple of Freezes meant he won the race with only a few HP left. 2-2

Game 5 (Loss) - Lost toss. Another terrible 1 pillar draw for me and an almost perfect draw for him meant this wasn't much of a final game. I had to use all my quanta on BBs and Shields in a desperate attempt to slow him down meaning there were 4 Golems sitting in my hand not getting played. Lost in about 6 turns. 2-3

Great games but I'm really disappointed to have lost these. I had two 1 pillar draws and two quanta flooded draws. Despite this several games came down to who won the toss.

ggs. Thanks for the games JCJ and thanks for subbing.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:07:00 pm by Regyptic »

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: (Water sld) Espithel [JonathanCrazyJ Sub] 3-2 Iorveil [Regyptic Sub] (Earth sld) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59815.msg1208432#msg1208432
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 07:24:01 pm »
That damn 4 hp. This could have been a clean 3-0 in another universe.

• Legendary Member
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: (Water sld) Espithel [JonathanCrazyJ Sub] 3-2 Iorveil [Regyptic Sub] (Earth sld) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59815.msg1208440#msg1208440
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:23:51 pm »
That damn 4 hp. This could have been a clean 3-0 in another universe.

That damn *silence :P
Competitions!

Offline Regyptic

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Regyptic hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #3Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: (Water sld) Espithel [JonathanCrazyJ Sub] 3-2 Iorveil [Regyptic Sub] (Earth sld) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59815.msg1208446#msg1208446
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 09:07:15 pm »
It wasn't 4HP it was 12HP (although it would have been 8HP if I hadn't kept my Nymph hidden). My problem wasn't the Silence; I don't think that stopped me doing anything. It was the fact I drew far too much quanta and not enough damage.

By the end of the game I was holding a about 3 or 4 pillars. If those held pillars were one of the other 4 Golems, or if I'd won the coin toss, this game would have been mine a turn or 2 earlier and this would have been 3-0.

Either way it was a close game and a 3-0 wouldn't have been fair to Water. Close games like this are much better than the 3-0 counters, but that doesn't stop it being painful to lose by such small margins.

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: (Water sld) Espithel [JonathanCrazyJ Sub] 3-2 Iorveil [Regyptic Sub] (Earth sld) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59815.msg1208450#msg1208450
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 09:18:48 pm »
ah ok, didn't take a screenie, hence the 'about'. At the time, if you had been able to play a golem on the turn I silenced AND another the turn after, it would have been enough, I remember, that's why the silence mattered, hypothetically though not in actuality :P
Competitions!

anything
blarg: