*Author

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
(Life Sld) willng3 3 - 1 (Water Sld) JonathanCrazyJ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59782.msg1208016#msg1208016
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:50:47 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sn 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bt 5bt 5bt 5c0 5c0 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5up 5up 5up 5v1 5v1 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7t8 7t8 7tb 7tb 8pt

Boost: Upgrades

Lawd, these were some really intense games.

Game 1 (Win): Horrible quanta start for both of us; 1 Pillar on my side, 1 Pend on his. I managed to squeeze out enough damage this game before he started racking up boosts with SoP and made a really risky play on the last turn by playing a Dusk without knowing if he had Steals in his deck. It ended up paying off when jcj didn't get rid of it, meaning he couldn't heal enough HP to prevent me from winning. 1-0

Game 2 (Loss): Quanta was pretty normal this game. This time I made the mistake of playing Dusk early on, to which jcj responded by stealing it three times throughout the course of the duel. I couldn't get enough damage on him before the lockdown started this time. 1-1

Game 3 (Win): Managed to get a plentiful supply of creatures this game which his Squid couldn't keep up with. Banked on him not being able to steal Dusk this game after he stole my Vaggers twice (had another in hand just in case this time too). 2-1

Game 4 (Win): Very nice start for me with both of my Nightmares in my opening hand. Also once again was supplied readily with creatures, which was too much work for his lone Squid to shut down. Managed to get enough quanta by the last turn to finally play my dragon, which ended up providing me with the 17 HP I needed to win (had the foresight not to play Dusk this time!). 3-1

GGs jcj! Was a pleasure dueling you :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:09:38 pm by mathman101 »
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: (Life Sld) willng3 3 - 1 (Water Sld) JonathanCrazyJ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59782.msg1208020#msg1208020
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5ib 5ib 5j2 5j2 5j2 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5up 5ut 5ut 5ut 5ut 5ut 5ut 5v2 5v2 7gr 7gr 7gr 7t9 7t9 7tb 7tb 8pt

BOOST: Sideboard

G1: 1 pend start. Too slow. His Dusk took any chance away. Lost, GG.

Didn't see any CC or PC. -2 Cloak.

G2: My only really decent draw, enough steals to keep his dusk at bay, locked his field down, built patience. Win.

G3: 2 pend start. Lost too much health early on, and had to burn 2 steals on his Vamp Daggers. Water quanta starved, spend quanta locking down his field, by the time patience went down, it was too late.

Decided that despite his PC, slow games wouldn't really be affected by Cloak. Being quanta starved for squids made me want to slim further, so -1 Minor Vampire

G4: 3 PEND start. Pillars at the start please :( . Early patience, but no vamps early. And still not enough Water quanta.

Excellent games willng3 as expected. I think this should have been a decent enough match-up for us, just wasn't to be with draws on the day. Nightmares dotted around probably made the difference in some games tbh, especially final game depriving me of 2 draws early on. Good luck for the rest of War.

Sorry team :water. Wasn't to be on the day.

EDIT: Certainly felt like way more than 10 creatures in the deck haha

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:25:49 am by JonathanCrazyJ »
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: (Life Sld) willng3 3 - 1 (Water Sld) JonathanCrazyJ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59782.msg1208027#msg1208027
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:14:22 pm »
At first glance, one would expect (5) Squid/Octo to easily keep up with (10) opposing creatures, deck-wise...

From the recaps I get a sense that will's deck including Dusk was a major factor in the outcomes... will/jcj - did any games come close to ending with deckout (healing for jcj and Dusk blocking for will)?
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: (Life Sld) willng3 3 - 1 (Water Sld) JonathanCrazyJ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59782.msg1208029#msg1208029
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 09:20:31 pm »
No, I was somehow always left with not enough water quanta to bring out 2nd squid or patience, if I wanted to use squid abilities. Wins were all ~T13 irrc.
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: (Life Sld) willng3 3 - 1 (Water Sld) JonathanCrazyJ https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59782.msg1208031#msg1208031
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 09:23:21 pm »
At first glance, one would expect (5) Squid/Octo to easily keep up with (10) opposing creatures, deck-wise...

From the recaps I get a sense that will's deck including Dusk was a major factor in the outcomes... will/jcj - did any games come close to ending with deckout (healing for jcj and Dusk blocking for will)?
I was wondering if game 2 would come to that but with jcj Stealing Dusk for the third time, I didn't have that thought again.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

blarg: