*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
(Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208134#msg1208134
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:46:54 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4su 5la 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 61o 61o 61o 622 622 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 808 808 80l 81q 81q 81q 8pu

I said earlier that if I drew RoL, Fractal and Hope in the first 10 cards, I'd win this one. Happily RNG didn't go crazy.

Game 1: Saw Earth mark and expected grabbow, which should be good for me. Decent early quanta, so I had the luxury of holding onto RoLs after fast fractal to mitigate nm and Lightning storm (which was a possibility from last war)
Game 2: No hope in first 11 cards, so despite a 3 RoL starting hand I was soon beaten down by elite shrieker nightmares. Not a fun sleeping experience.
Game 3: Decent starting hand again, and he had a bit of a slow start. Stabilized at above 50 hp and was two turns from winning when internet troubles struck me down. Rapidstar_ graciously accepted that the game was lost for him tho, so we continued from 2-1 :)
Game 4: Slow quanta and 3 fractals to clog up starting hand, so things looked pretty bleak. But then I noticed that he had played no novae during his first turn, which meant that he hadn't drawn any! (My advice is, don't play every card when you can. It can provide valuable information to your opponent) So I could afford to take it slow, building hand size to 8 so I could discard extra fractals and hopes before I did first fractal. That got me to 5 RoLs, but then he nmed again! My hope shield sufficiently slowed him down however, so I played safe in the outlandish case of lightning storm. He got me down to 9 hp when I finally had enough for second fractal, which allowed me to reach safety against all creature damage. I still kept my hand full because of nm, and that prevented a nm + lightning lethal from him :)

ggs Rapidstar_, and it was great facing you too! Best of luck in later rounds!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:06:18 pm by mathman101 »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline RapidStar_

• Reputation Power: 5
  • RapidStar_ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I farm electrum at work
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208135#msg1208135
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:47:30 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
http://dek.im/d/4vhz54vjz15905c1z15ukz25upz35v1z4606z161qz277g7tbz27tf8pm

So, was a fun series of games. First time in war for me and was a pleasure versing you in the first round, Zawadx! Time to breakdown the games in what I experienced.

Game 1 (loss): It was a strong start for me, had early graboids/gargoyles out but no nightmares in my hand. He had the ROL/Hope way before I even got a nightmare, so I wasn't able to control anything that could be done. Damage was negated and I was taken down pretty easily in that game. The score was 0-1.

Game 2 (win): Very different start to what happened in the first round. I had novas, nightmares and everything went well for me. Luckily for me, he had no hope's in his starting hand and throughout the game, giving the easy win to me, making the battle 1-1.

Game 3 (loss): Was a similar circumstance to game 1. I couldn't exactly do a lot since he had the early hope out and I had no control of how much damage I did, because of the scaling hope. He out-damaged me and eventually I did 0 dmg. He took me down this game to make the scores 2-1, his way.

Game 4 (loss): Probably the closest and best game of the match. I enjoyed it the most too. Ok, so I had lots and lots of early damage, had a good pendulum/pillar draw. Unfortunately for me, i had no NOVAS!, so I couldn't evolve my graboids. This slowed me down a lot, allowing him to get his ROL out. In the first few turns, it looked pleasant for me because he had no ROL out in the field. At this point I thought I was winning. He was about 50 hp and out of nowhere, a Psion, ROL, and fractal came out. I started to get worried, thinking I could lose this game now. I was doing damage slowly but surely, eventually getting 2 novas on the boards, allowing me to evolve twice. I thought I had won at this point, until he was on 11 hp. I could take 2 more hits before I was on 0 hp. I had a lightning in my hand and 2 damage on the field (9 hope damage negation, 1 from each elite shrieker). He got that 10th ROL on 9 hp, and then there was 0 creature damage left. I took another hit and I got a nightmare! The best card possible. I used that nightmare and got him down to 7 hp. I also used the lightning which got him down to 2 hp!!! I could only take 1 more hit and it was my turn. All i needed was a nightmare to win, but unfortunately I didn't get it. I got a lyncathrope. I lost the last game. 1-3.

Thanks Zawadx for the games. My upgrade was Sideboard (can remove 3 cards from starting deck). I started with 33 cards, and removed 3 steals, because they were useless to me. Also a big thanks for Physsion for guiding me throughout these games.

Heres the picture of the final game!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:05:49 pm by RapidStar_ »

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208150#msg1208150
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 03:23:29 pm »
Ah, the good ol' RoLhope. I think it's the first appearance of it in this war, am i right?
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: (Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208151#msg1208151
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208153#msg1208153
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm »
So I was not right. M'kay ._.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: (Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208155#msg1208155
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 03:58:32 pm »
Rawr you go boss!
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: (Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208158#msg1208158
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 04:16:46 pm »
Is this not a sideboard deck from :darkness? What did you remove in games 2-4 to ensure more Nightmare draws to shut down RoL? :o

Nvm, I had this notion last night but didn't post about it. Rapidstar had already edited it before this morning but I didn't notice. xD
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:54:13 pm by Newbiecake »
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

• Legendary Member
Re: (Aether Gen.) Zawadx 3-1 Rapidstar_ (Darkness Soldier) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59793.msg1208159#msg1208159
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »
Is this not a sideboard deck from :darkness? What did you remove in games 2-4 to ensure more Nightmare draws to shut down RoL? :o

Thanks Zawadx for the games. My upgrade was Sideboard (can remove 3 cards from starting deck). I started with 33 cards, and removed 3 steals, because they were useless to me. Also a big thanks for Physsion for guiding me throughout these games.

anything
blarg: