*Author

Wimbledofy

Re: Why the English Bible is Wrong https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32552.msg416399#msg416399
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 05:34:59 am »
Original Post.
for like 2 minutes i was looking at the original post to figure out what op meant until i realized it actually meant original post. for a second i thought you were telling me to look at the original post. well i feel silly now. thanks, but yeah i think the title should be slightly changed to something like "Why the english bible is misinterpreted(or something about the translation)" or something similar to that.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Why the English Bible is Wrong https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32552.msg416781#msg416781
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 01:15:34 am »
Original Post.
for like 2 minutes i was looking at the original post to figure out what op meant until i realized it actually meant original post. for a second i thought you were telling me to look at the original post. well i feel silly now. thanks, but yeah i think the title should be slightly changed to something like "Why the english bible is misinterpreted(or something about the translation)" or something similar to that.
We already gave him enough crap for it originally saying "Why the Bible is Wrong". It would just be cruel to bug about the title even more.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Artois

Re: Why the Bible is Wrong https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32552.msg427824#msg427824
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »
Wrong =!= False.

If I give a Spanish person a Nova and they think "but it won't go anywhere", they're wrong.

The Bible, in any English form, is wrong.
Essence, I gotta side with BP on this one.  The original Hebrew and Greek are considered the Bible, yet you assume in your OP that the people reading this thread will be on the same page with you excluding the original translations.  Topic title needs changed to avoid misunderstanding.
Im not sure this is correct... although the bible is taken from a select few Hebrew and Greek texts, codified around the C6th bc, the exclusion of many relevant yet ignored testaments (eg the book of Judas) suggests that no true bible (ie. complete word of God) exists.

Without a 'true' bible... what does it matter that a corrupt text was further corrupted by the english language :)

anything
blarg: