*Author

Offline BluePriestTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365780#msg365780
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:10:18 am »
You can say I shouldn't believe in God. However, the burden of proof is on YOU if you want to convince me of that. Don't misunderstand what I am saying. Please let me be clear before jumping to conclusions saying I don't understand how the burden of proof works (although admittedly, I still have some work to do on it, and who knows, perhaps this point will instead just show how little I understand it). I am not trying to convince YOU that God exists. I am stating that God exists. My evidence is personal experiences with him. I have my evidence that shows ME he is real.

Please understand, I am not saying "You cannot prove that God does not exist, so He does."
Instead I am saying "I have seen proof that God exists (although I am not pressing it on you), therefor if you don't have evidence to the contrary, then I will believe what I believe."

*holds up flame shield* please forgive any ignorance I have shown in this post.

Edit
Basically-
If you tell me there is no God, it is YOUR job to prove it, and if I tell you there IS a god, then it is my job to prove it.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365782#msg365782
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:32:47 am »
God in what form though? God as a Caucasian man with a beard and robe? Or God as an entity that created the universe?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline BluePriestTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365869#msg365869
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 12:28:52 pm »
God in what form though? God as a Caucasian man with a beard and robe? Or God as an entity that created the universe?
Christian God. As I stated before, the point of this topic is NOT to try to get you to believe in God. It is saying that if YOU want to make the claim that God doesnt exist, you have to give proof, as I am not trying to assert a claim.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365874#msg365874
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:48:14 pm »
God exists and doesn't exist at the same time, cuz he can do everything he want, including being death kitty all the time.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Neopergoss

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Neopergoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365906#msg365906
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 01:53:00 pm »
I'm God. Only I have proof, though. Kinda a pointless claim, but I still just thought I should throw it out there.

Scaredgirl

Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365931#msg365931
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:40:44 pm »
You can say I shouldn't believe in God. However, the burden of proof is on YOU if you want to convince me of that. Don't misunderstand what I am saying. Please let me be clear before jumping to conclusions saying I don't understand how the burden of proof works (although admittedly, I still have some work to do on it, and who knows, perhaps this point will instead just show how little I understand it). I am not trying to convince YOU that God exists. I am stating that God exists. My evidence is personal experiences with him. I have my evidence that shows ME he is real.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

If I claim that I can fly and my proof is that I have personally experienced lifting up in the air and flying, is the burden of proof on you? Do you have to prove that I cannot fly instead of me having to prove that I can? And if you cannot prove that I cannot fly, does that mean you cannot question my ability to fly? Of course not because that would be silly.

If you look at all the things Religions claims to be truth without any proof (how modern science understands the term), the claims are clearly extraordinary and equivalent of me claiming I can fly or turn invisible.

Like you yourself kind of said, you don't understand how burden of proof works.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365934#msg365934
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:46:59 pm »
And if you cannot prove that I cannot fly, does that mean you cannot question my ability to fly? Of course not because that would be silly.
I don't get why it would be silly. For all i know, you could have found a loophole in physic or whatever that allows you to fly.
Till you can prove something is wrong, it's right, AND that includes opposites.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.

Offline az4rel

• Reputation Power: 4
  • az4rel is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg365988#msg365988
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 04:47:01 pm »
people are too obsessed with absolute truth, for me god exists if I want to.
so my god now is a all mighty cow.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg366077#msg366077
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 07:34:47 pm »
You can say I shouldn't believe in God.
But I won't say that. You believe in whatever you want to believe. I won't force my beliefs on you.

What you don't understand is that the problem arises when you force your beliefs on me, not the other way around. Stop trying to convert us atheists, and we'll be fine.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg366081#msg366081
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 08:00:01 pm »
But I won't say that. You believe in whatever you want to believe. I won't force my beliefs on you.

What you don't understand is that the problem arises when you force your beliefs on me, not the other way around. Stop trying to convert us atheists, and we'll be fine.
I am not trying to convince YOU that God exists.

Selvaria

Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg366101#msg366101
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »

I am not trying to convince YOU that God exists.
If that is so then why make the thread in the first place?

In my opinion, God might exist because:
1. There must be a beginning to everything.
2. While science consistently prove that religions are flawed, e.g. earth as the center of the universe, theory of evolution, etc, it just simply prove that all religions are corrupted by mankind, and doesn't prove that God doesn't exist.

What I know for sure:
Religious institution are total bs. The higher ups are mostly false prophets. Scriptures, like the bible had been to corrupted over time to even take it literally. How can I prove that? Simple, because men are sinful. Think of it this way, there are good individuals, but there are NO good organizations (government, religion, church bodies, etc since they are always get infiltrated by immoral power-hungry abominations).

Most people end up becoming atheist simply because they realize all religions are total crap, however have no way to prove that God doesn't exist.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
Re: My final point https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28621.msg366105#msg366105
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:00:27 pm »
If that is so then why make the thread in the first place?
Because he wanted to.

blarg: