*Author

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: A few Words.. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24621.msg324115#msg324115
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »
What if you have the wrong map? You get lost, right?
There's no wrong map as long as you really believe in what you have chosen. It can be Jesus, Buddha, science, pink unicorn or nothing, if you live how you want to, there's nothing to regret.
I contest that claim:
So belief in a demonstrable false belief system (think self contradicting philosophy) is not a wrong map?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

(...)

Re: A few Words.. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24621.msg324121#msg324121
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 12:55:41 pm »
There's no wrong map as long as you really believe in what you have chosen. It can be Jesus, Buddha, science, pink unicorn or nothing, if you live how you want to, there's nothing to regret.
I contest that claim:
So belief in a demonstrable false belief system (think self contradicting philosophy) is not a wrong map?
Nothing is fully true or false(demonstrable) or you can see it this way: nothing is really black or white, the point is to find your personal gray scale and be happy with it, without bashing other's  religions. You know about people paying for "miracle water" and such? It's not magic, it doesn't work but they're still happy with it. Because they believe in it, it's the good map for them.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: A few Words.. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24621.msg324123#msg324123
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 01:00:15 pm »
I contest that claim:
Nothing is fully true or false(demonstrable) or you can see it this way: nothing is really black or white, the point is to find your personal gray scale and be happy with it, without bashing other's  religions. You know about people paying for "miracle water" and such? It's not magic, it doesn't work but they're still happy with it. Because they believe in it, it's the good map for them.
Example of a demonstrably self contradicting set of beliefs:
It is wrong for others to take my things because I own them
AND
I may take things others own

Is this a good map? Is any map that claims A and ~A a good map?
PS: The claim A and ~A is false.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

(...)

Re: A few Words.. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24621.msg324127#msg324127
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 01:15:02 pm »
I contest that claim:
AND

Good point, most(if not all) of the religions are self-contradicting themself at a point. I was just saying that anyone can believe in what he wants. I myself hate the fanatism of some people because "their God i better" but you follow the path(may it be one of the religions or your own one) you chosen, just don't let others to change it but you should still listen to their arguments and decide for your own.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: A few Words.. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24621.msg324139#msg324139
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »
I contest that claim:
AND

Good point, most(if not all) of the religions are self-contradicting themself at a point. I was just saying that anyone can believe in what he wants. I myself hate the fanatism of some people because "their God i better" but you follow the path(may it be one of the religions or your own one) you chosen, just don't let others to change it but you should still listen to their arguments and decide for your own.
Everyone has a right to belief what they want. Any belief about morality can be false.
These two statements sum up my beliefs on how to approach religion.

PS: I was trying to refute the claim that bad maps don't exist. I would not be as bold as to claim that most religions contain self contradictions.

anything
blarg: