*Author

rgurgelles1

Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg398513#msg398513
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2011, 03:09:07 pm »
i am still wondering what is the best fast rainbow rainbow deck that is so balanced....

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg405742#msg405742
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 05:35:38 am »
Minor note:  In the event of a new patch being released, I will begin adding decks using new cards at least 1 week after the patch is added.  Hopefully this is enough time for unexpected bugs and balancing issues to be fixed.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Amphetryon

Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg408391#msg408391
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 02:48:07 am »
How do any of these decks deal with a Devourer strategy?  They're all so quanta-light in the early going that simply losing the coin toss consistently causes problems against Devourers, in my experience.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg408431#msg408431
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 04:07:43 am »
How do any of these decks deal with a Devourer strategy?  They're all so quanta-light in the early going that simply losing the coin toss consistently causes problems against Devourers, in my experience.
I'd say add a sanctuary which would protect against devourers and black hole. Debatable on the use of 4|3 :light though.

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg408441#msg408441
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 04:21:41 am »
Some use Sanctuary, that's a viable strategy.  However, you'd need to use Supernova to get to play Sanctuary in the first place which I think is more the root of the issue:  How do you stop the Devourers from stealing the quanta needed to play that first Supernova?

Well.  With Quantum Tower Speedbows it's usually pretty common for a Devourer to steal something other than :entropy, and even if it does, the Devourer deck likely isn't going to be that fast to recover when you gather the needed quanta and go on a berserk offensive.  Know your opponent, obtain the key to victory.

PSNbows are a little more difficult.  They sometimes manage to get quanta locked early if 2 Devourers are played by the opponent.  But that's not as common as you'd believe:  You'd usually need at least 2 Devs out on turn 1 to ensure this lockdown (otherwise the Devourer might miss the :entropy quanta and drain the quanta from the mark) and even then if the PSNbow pulls out 2 :entropy Pends on the first turn it's practically impossible to stop Supernova from being played unless there isn't one present in the opponent's hand at that time.  Sometimes if I'm lacking that quanta early I'll hold off on playing :entropy Pends so that I can play 2 at once and activate Supernova.  It makes things riskier, but it at least gives you a backup plan against complete lockdown.

As for Speedbows running :entropy completely off the mark...that's usually a huge problem.  However, most of them have cards that run off of a different form of quanta which means the consequences of not playing a Supernova early aren't as severe.

Only other option for almost any of these decks is to come prepared with more Towers/Pendulums; playing 2 of a Pend/Tower on the first turn usually means you can bypass lockdown.

If you manage to set off a Supernova you generally won't have any problems; even in a Devtal it takes forever to completely drain the 24 quanta you just created.  Remember, because these decks are built to be fast, there's a small window of opportunity for a Devourer to complete a lockdown against them.  If that lockdown can't be attained within the first 2 turns then it usually means that it won't happen.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

rgurgelles1

Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg410066#msg410066
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 02:43:59 am »
there are so many decks to choose from...

i think it makes the building of rainbow deck a bit complicated since i do not know where to start...

• Legendary Member
Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg411973#msg411973
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:01 pm »
there are so many decks to choose from...

i think it makes the building of rainbow deck a bit complicated since i do not know where to start...
I would suggest experimenting with your own builds rather than simply copying a deck idea that looks like a good build to start with.  The trainer would be useful for doing this.

Keep in mind that this thread wasn't built to serve as inspiration for people building Speedbows, but to help make sure that these types of decks posted on the forums aren't carbon copies of each other.

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg418556#msg418556
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:09 pm »
are ther any unupgraded speedbows worth of playing??
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg418563#msg418563
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »
are ther any unupgraded speedbows worth of playing??
SN bows=6 upgrades at least, I used one with SN's and quantum towers upped, it works quite nice, but way slower.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

tallyemup

Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg420546#msg420546
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:22 pm »
What a great piece of work.  Thank you for the effort!

Blah11996

Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg431963#msg431963
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2011, 07:54:17 pm »
Can there be a speedbow with only supernovas upgrarded and maybe one upgeade hourglass ?

Offline Djhopper :)

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Djhopper :) is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Supernova-based Speedbow List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27792.msg431964#msg431964
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2011, 07:57:30 pm »
Can there be a speedbow with only supernovas upgrarded and maybe one upgeade hourglass ?
It's do-able, but it will never be as fast as upgraded.

I suggest you give optimizing one a go :)

blarg: