*Author

Offline MathematisticTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402023#msg402023
« on: October 01, 2011, 07:14:12 am »
This is basically another Graboid rainbow, but it can be build without playing a single match, choosing  :darkness as the starter element.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vh 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52o 52o 55q 55q 590 590 590 590 5c1 5c1 5f6 5f6 5lc 5og 5rr 61q 61q 8pm

Steps:
1. Remove all aether cards except lightning, black dragon, dagger, nightfall and sell them. (250 :electrum)
2. Sell them and get 2 quantum pillars and 6 novas. (94 :electrum)
3. Put them into your deck and take out 4 Devourers, 3 Parasites and 1 Dusk mantle and then sell them. (402  :electrum)
4. Buy 4 Graboids and 2 Lycanthropes. (62  :electrum)
5. Put the 6 new cards into your deck and take out 3 Steals and 3 Drain Lifes. Sell them. (299  :electrum)
6. Buy 2x Poison, 2x Momentum and 1 Fog Shield. Put them into your deck and sell 5 Obsidian Pillars. (161  :electrum)
7. Buy 2 Forest Spirits, 1 Holy Light, 1 Precognition and 1 Lightning and sell 5 Obsidian Pillars again. (52  :electrum)
8. Finally, buy 1 Deflagration and take out 1 Obsidian Pillar. Sell that Pillar and buy 1 more Deflagration. Take out the remaining Obsidian Pillar and add the Second Deflagration. Change your mark to Earth mark.  (2  :electrum)

That's it! Keep that Obsidian Pillar for the "remove 1 card from your deck" and "buy and sell 1 card" quests.
Variations:
1. Replace Holy Light with a Freeze/Chrysaora. It might work better, but then excess light quanta will be wasted. Also, Forest Spirits eat up water quanta pretty fast.
2. Replace Deflagration with a Freeze/Chrysaora. Same water quanta issue here, but still a viable choice due to the coming Deflagration nerf in 1.29. You also get 1 more  :electrum.
3. Keep the Dagger and buy 1 less Deflagration/Holy Light. Not a bad choice as you end up with a bit more electrum. Again, due to the coming Deflagration nerf, buy 1 less Deflagration is more favourable.

This deck is by no means a good AI3 grinder, but it should be very helpful for completing the first quests and getting a few lucky wins against Elders.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Rember

Re: Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402045#msg402045
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:10:16 am »
Hmm? How do you take the highest winrate unupped ai3 deck and make it into something that is 'by no means a good AI3 grinder' and can only get 'a few lucky wins against Elders'?

Antabow can be made with the electrum from selling the darkness starter and the quests leading up to the 150 score one which can be easily completed afterwards in 2 pvp1 matches or a few elders and so on. It'd be more useful to make a guide for that, IMO.

• Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402050#msg402050
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:50:37 am »
Hmm? How do you take the highest winrate unupped ai3 deck and make it into something that is 'by no means a good AI3 grinder' and can only get 'a few lucky wins against Elders'?

Antabow can be made with the electrum from selling the darkness starter and the quests leading up to the 150 score one which can be easily completed afterwards in 2 pvp1 matches or a few elders and so on. It'd be more useful to make a guide for that, IMO.
If I remembered correctly, Antabow has 2 Arsenics in it, which is out of reach by newbies.
This is far inferior to the original Graboid rainbow and is only meant to be a starter deck. And yes, making a guide towards that super deck is a very good idea. Maybe this can be step 1?
It should be quite obvious that the "filler cards" like Holy Light needs to be replaced with more muscle whenever one has the  :electrum to do so.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Rember

Re: Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402051#msg402051
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 08:56:08 am »
The Arsenics aren't necessary and can easily be substituted for hammers or whatever.

I just made an account and got up to this deck in 4 minutes, if that's not a starter deck I'm not sure what is. Seems to be a solid starting point to work towards Grabbix or LS/AM.

4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4t5 4vh 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55q 55q 590 590 590 590 590 595 5c1 5c1 5f6 5f6 5i7 5og 5og 61q 61q 8pm

To me it seems pointless to even buy cards such as holy light or focus on a deck that requires no games.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402053#msg402053
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:01:57 am »
The Arsenics aren't necessary and can easily be substituted for hammers or whatever.

I just made an account and got up to this deck in 4 minutes, if that's not a starter deck I'm not sure what is. Seems to be a solid starting point to work towards Grabbix or LS/AM.

4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4t5 4vh 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55q 55q 590 590 590 590 590 595 5c1 5c1 5f6 5f6 5i7 5og 5og 61q 61q 8pm

To me it seems pointless to even buy cards such as holy light or focus on a deck that requires no games.
Your deck needs +chrysaora, -freeze.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402054#msg402054
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 09:03:12 am »

Your deck needs +chrysaora, -freeze.
I disagree. Freeze is much more useful than chrysaora in most games...

Rember

Re: Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402057#msg402057
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 09:15:07 am »
Yup, freeze is great vs ai3 to hit an FFQ, pharaoh or an unblessed dune (ai will still bless it even though it's frozen).

Re: Starter unupped rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31780.msg402058#msg402058
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 09:20:13 am »
In the topic I mentioned freeze/Chysaora as substitutes for the "useless" Holy Light.
Deflagration may become target of replacement to as 2 of them will cost 6 :fire in 1.29.
I'd have to agree that making 0-match decks is quite pointless as the rewards of the first few quests give access to better cards, e.g. Hammer, 2nd Fog Shield, but this can avoid agonising loses while doing the quests (the starter decks often have close calls fighting lv 2).
But is 4 Quantum Pillars too risky? Although dead hand happens much often in SNbows than unupped rainbows, I'd prefer more quanta earlier to initiate the assault. The BB seems to be competing with Graboids, too. BB is very useful though as a freeze x2.

anything
blarg: Mathematistic,Rember,calindu221,patchx94