*Author

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg244462#msg244462
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2011, 08:40:34 am »
did 64 games and here are the results, do with it as you please.

I found the deck to be too frustrating for my taste. sometimes you just do not draw the cards you need, but most of the time I lost because the Fg did more than 40, 60 or 80 damage, killing my Doll before I could muster enough copies of it.

total games played      
won      lost
20      44

total cards won      
total cards won per won game      

total win percentage      

TTW      

Gold      
Gold per game      

total per FG   won   lost   %
Neptune   6   2   75.00
Hermes   2   6   25.00
Seism   0   8   0.00
Osiris   2   2   50.00
Octane   0   4   0.00
Dreamcatcher   2   0   100.00
Rainbow   4   2   66.67
Gemini   0   2   0.00
DevineGlory   4   0   100.00
Paradox   0   2   0.00
Darkmatter   0   2   0.00
Destiny   0   2   0.00
Firequeen   0   4   0.00
Scorpio   0   2   0.00
Morte   0   2   0.00
Obliterator   0   2   0.00
EternalPhoenix   0   2   0.00

maybe if you skip the impossible to win FG, like Octace and the ones with Unstoppables in it, the win% can go up to 40+%, which makes it a nice change to Rol/hope decks.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg244483#msg244483
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2011, 10:50:11 am »
maybe if you skip the impossible to win FG, like Octace and the ones with Unstoppables in it, the win% can go up to 40+%, which makes it a nice change to Rol/hope decks.
Octane is not impossible -- it's just very luck-based. If they play lots of flying Eagle's Eyes, you win, but you lose if they play Unstable Gases instead. Same deal goes for Decay -- the faster they get an Eclipse out, the more likely it is that you'll win.

Auto-quitting would still lower your win rate, though. Do note that the fastest RoL/Hope variation wins about ~70% of the games it plays, but half the FGs are auto-quits, so the win rate for that deck is around 35%. FG-Voodoo wins around 30% of the time, but there are no auto-quits, as you still do stand a chance at beating every FG.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline jumpoffduck

• Reputation Power: 2
  • jumpoffduck is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg244688#msg244688
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »
Unstoppable gods can still be beaten.

Obliterator - tends to use them on shriekers, and since the AI hasn't yet learned to unburrow shriekers, they're only 5 damage/turn, which isn't bad considering the dragons can quickly damage your doll
Graviton - momentumed firemasters/chargers are a pain, but it momentums otys before firemasters, so hope that it gets lots of otys :P
Gemini - you can win if 1. it doesn't draw unstoppables 2. it doesn't draw grav towers 3. it plays lots of immortal creatures

Oh and epicly close win vs. EP:
(http://imageplay.net/view/m7Gbd119954/lol)

Heavyweight

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg244779#msg244779
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2011, 12:29:47 am »
Here are my strategies for the FGs.  Note I play the Entropy pendulum version.  Feel free to add input:

Neptune   Easy.  Play Voodoo + GP, add BB's as they come.  Occasionally he plays 3-4 Abyss Crawlers in succession, so you may have to TU your doll early.

Hermes   If you get the combo out early you can win.  Sometimes I BB a built up Lava Destroyer to give my doll a breather for a few more turns.

Seism   I have a hard time with him.  He's harder than Obliterator for me - I can't get enough aether quantum to play enough TU's to pull it off.  Can still win if he doesn't play a lot of quicksands early.

Osiris  One of the easiest of the lot.  Since his creatures never do more than 3 damage to the doll, even a nearly dead doll at the end will still do another ~15 damage or so.

Octane   As has been stated, you're basically hoping he plays his weapons instead of his Gases.  Easy if he doesn't play more than one or two gases early on.

Dreamcatcher   Easy.  Save your SN's till you need them in case he plays one of his (rare) black holes.

Rainbow   Easy.  You have no permanents you care about, and his creature build up is slooow. 

Gemini   Hope he doesn't have a lot of early momentums.

DivineGlory   Easy.  Keep a BB back if you can afford it to freeze up the MG in the weapon slot.

Paradox   If you get your doll out early, it's easy.  He can build up damage fast if you're unlucky.  The AI is stupid and doesn't save its buffs for the Deja Vus, instead casting it on whatever.  Occasionally it gets lucky and realizes that Blessing + Twin Universe on an unsplit Deja Vu = Win.

Darkmatter   Auto-Quit.  I've beat him maybe once in 30 games before I just saved myself the hassle.  Black Hole + Gravity Nymph destroys you.

Destiny   I have a hard time with the mutate gods.  You can't even twin the good mutants because he will just rewind them!  Maybe someone has a better idea than me.

Firequeen   Get the combo out early and it's easy.  Wait too long and the bonds will prevent you from finishing her off.

Scorpio  Easy. 

Morte   Easy.

Incarnate Easy.  Sometimes you get unlucky and he plays a lot of pests + eclipse early.

Miracle Easy.  Make sure you have enough damage to kill him in one go.  You can get him to about 60-70 HP remaining before he thinks about playing Miracle.

Graviton:  Hope he plays an early momentum'd Oty - TU it, then eat a charger, then eat firemasters.  Otherwise, quit,.

Obliterator  Slightly different strategy.  TU his Momentumed creatures, then BB them.  It's important you wait for them to be Momementumed, or his shield will hurt you too much.  A doll plus GP will soak up any creatures he plays that aren't momentumed.  Also, he burrows his shriekers like an idiot.  Will GP a vanilla doll, so don't sweat not having one in your starting hand.

EternalPhoenix   You need a good draw, and hope he doesn't pop out too many ruby dragons.  Watch his aether quanta and assume that whenever he's going to hit 9 he'll play a fractal for another 4 or so phoenixes - that's 16 more damage; plan accordingly.

Decay  I auto-quit.  You CAN beat him if he plays eclipse early, but the problem is hoping to get enough aether quanta to play your TU's.  Not worth the guessing games (you won't know if you can win until turn 8 or so)

Chaos Lord:  Twin the good mutants, BB the druids, hope you get lucky.  No rewinds unlike Destiny, so playable.

Ferox:  Get your doll + lots of BB's out early.  If he plays 3+ bonds, you're probably toast.

Elidnis:  Like Ferox, but slower.  Gives you more wiggle room.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg244783#msg244783
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2011, 12:38:42 am »
I wouldn't save up Supernovas for Dream Catcher, more often do I get quanta screwed by a 2nd turn Discord (lose coin toss, draw one pendulum) than by Black Holes.

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg244861#msg244861
« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2011, 02:45:11 am »
I finished another 100 games with the 2 doll variation - I had an awful run of games in the middle - I lost 16 of 20 games to not drawing a Supernova (ridiculous) - that brought my percentage down significantly - I'm back down to the same ballpark as the 3 doll variant at 34.5%.

I think I'm done with testing for a while - even though I feel its still inconclusive.
Lux Kyrie

kakakaak

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg247419#msg247419
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »
I am new to this forum, and this is the most useful tread i saw. Really great job

Offline JangooTopic starter

• Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg249752#msg249752
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2011, 03:32:13 am »

I finished another 100 games with the 2 doll variation - I had an awful run of games in the middle - I lost 16 of 20 games to not drawing a Supernova (ridiculous) - that brought my percentage down significantly - I'm back down to the same ballpark as the 3 doll variant at 34.5%.

I think I'm done with testing for a while - even though I feel its still inconclusive.
Nice run Jen-i.
Can you post the deck again and your totals of games + available stats,
preferrably in a template such as the ones used in the OP?
Will stick those up in the sample deck-list.

• New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg249762#msg249762
« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2011, 03:44:19 am »

did 64 games and here are the results, do with it as you please.
[...]
Can you please post the deck again ?

Offline Jen-i

• Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg250859#msg250859
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2011, 06:10:36 am »
Here's the 2 doll version

Code: [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7tg 7tg 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b
At first glance it seems less effective but here's the stats

games played 200

win:loss:em   69:131:1

win % = 34.5
Lux Kyrie

quantik

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg250952#msg250952
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2011, 10:32:34 am »
My variation
No stats, just the feeling its working well, and satisfaction of drawing many cards  :D

Code: [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7tg 7tg 80b 80b 80b

• New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg251029#msg251029
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:34 pm »
Here's the 2 doll version

At first glance it seems less effective but here's the stats

games played 200

win:loss:em   69:131:1

win % = 34.5
Very interesting.
I tried a 2doll/2pull version with towers and precogs a while ago and found it a bit frustrating to not draw those key-cards. I didn't have the stamina to go through 200 games though.  ;)
I was going to try out 2doll/3grav.pull at some point because while you really only need one doll, you can still pull off some funky stuff with an extra grav.pull

My variation
No stats, just the feeling its working well, and satisfaction of drawing many cards  :D
There are loads of reasons why sundials suck with a Shak'ar deck ... if this really "feels" like it's working well, some stats would be nice indeed.

anything
blarg: