*Author

Malduk

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg199170#msg199170
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2010, 01:58:42 am »
Anyone try TU'ing an early Fallen Elf and mutating those pesky elves before they mutate you?
I do it every time. Or I did before I put Electrocutor in.
Rarely works. It will buy you a turn or two. Maybe.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg199348#msg199348
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2010, 07:13:39 am »
Anyone try TU'ing an early Fallen Elf and mutating those pesky elves before they mutate you?
I've beaten Chaos Lord once with that, and TU-ing some mutants I BB'ed afterwards, but it's a long shot. Personally I think that it's more profitable overall to just quit right away :P

PhantomFox

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg199992#msg199992
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2010, 03:56:43 am »
So what's the consensus on the various variations?  Can we have the OP updated with the optional versions?

Offline Wizardcat

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Wizardcat hides under a Cloak.
  • Psychic-Type
  • Awards: War #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Dark Ages
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg200008#msg200008
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 04:23:57 am »
Not sure if I like this... The games are fast, yes, but the win rate leaves something to be desired. Might just stick with my CCYB.

I did get this amazing screenshot using this deck, though:

The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats.

Offline JangooTopic starter

• Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg201008#msg201008
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2010, 02:34:26 pm »

I've beaten Chaos Lord once with that, and TU-ing some mutants I BB'ed afterwards, but it's a long shot. Personally I think that it's more profitable overall to just quit right away :P
Yeah ... a long shot, true. But imho the only shot you got against Chaos Lord.

I used to TU the druid and grav.pull the original, then proceed to "maybe win" the game.
Most recent tactic is to not even bother about the doll-plan at all and TU those über-mutants
 ChaosLord made for himself while BBing (or grav.pulling) the original right afterwards like Beef said.
If you don't care about improved mutation at all you get away with it oftentimes because the
new critter is rarely much worse than the one before and momentum will often (?) stay on it.
TUing the best mutants over and over again will yield a stronger critter with every TU you cast ...  ;D

Not sure if I like this... The games are fast, yes, but the win rate leaves something to be desired. Might just stick with my CCYB.

I did get this amazing screenshot using this deck, though:
If you actually had speed AND an "amazing" win-rate it would be time to nerf the doll to death
Wizardcat.
With the deck in the OP, I am currently running an FGei(cn) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14626.0.html) of ~2500.
Keep in mind that this does not imply my lucky winning-streak I just had, but an average (as in
"statistically guaranteed") 2500 electrum per hour. Shak'ar and rainbow-decks are on the exact
opposite ends of the FG-deck spectrum and of course it is up to player how he wants to spend
his time. Personally, I haven't liked rainbows anymore for a long time but I also doubt I could
squeeze that kind of money out of any rainbow, win-rate or not ...

So what's the consensus on the various variations?  Can we have the OP updated with the optional versions?
Phantom, so far there is no consensus in the strict sense since none of the variations poses an
all too serious alteration of the deck-idea and since it seems to be a matter of taste.
All the decks posted in this thread seem to work just fine and range around a 28%-32% win-rate
with the time spent per game being the minor variable.

Here is what we got so far:

-The main-choice is aether-towers or entropy-pendulums with 6-7 of each being the sensible choice.
- Substituting up to 1 BB, 1 TU and one tower/pendulum for 1-3 precognitions will make the deck
a bit more stable, if actually more effective is still in the open.
- Only, "extras" so far are either 1-2 Antimatters (w/ pendulums) or 1-2 Electrocutors (probably
w/ towers), both of which make the deck more stable but also slower.
- For various reasons, the addition of sundials or any other stall has been ruled out as ineffective.

I was gonna update the OP as soon as the various people come up with some stats, as to not
post "random" variations without any backup.
But since this may still take a while I guess I could make an update the coming days.

If anyone would like to take stats on a deck-variation, please consider to give THIS (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14626.0.html) a read.
Since time is more than critical for these decks, stats that just give you some win-rate
don't really say much either ...

Malduk

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg201459#msg201459
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 02:43:18 am »
The deck is bleh at best. The little stories are straight up annoying. Yep. Flame comment.
By all means, dont use it. The less people use it, its less likely that Zanz will fix how AI treats Dolls.

On a side note, I *think* someone was trying to test this situation, but I'm not sure if anyone ever actually done that, so here it is, from a real game:

Winner is: Me. Surprisingly... I thought UG damage would be calculated first.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg201582#msg201582
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2010, 07:35:07 am »
On another note there's more interesting stuff with it: if the reflected damage from the fg's first creature kills them you win, regardless of whether poison should've killed you first.

• New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg201700#msg201700
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 03:04:01 pm »

The deck is bleh at best. The little stories are straight up annoying. Yep. Flame comment.
By all means, dont use it. The less people use it, its less likely that Zanz will fix how AI treats Dolls.
Lol.

Winner is: Me. Surprisingly... I thought UG damage would be calculated first.
Lol again. A classic "what the cards don't tell you."

On another note there's more interesting stuff with it: if the reflected damage from the fg's first creature kills them you win, regardless of whether poison should've killed you first.
I don't get it. Do you mean the case where the FG poisons himself, e.g. by infecting your doll
with a Bloodsucker, then suffers his own poison damage before his critter damage is calculated?

Malduk

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg201705#msg201705
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »
I don't get it. Do you mean the case where the FG poisons himself, e.g. by infecting your doll
with a Bloodsucker, then suffers his own poison damage before his critter damage is calculated?
No. What he's saying is that poison is calculated AFTER the damage from the first critter. So, if you have 10 poison counters on you, and say first critter is 6|4 Vamp, damage sequence will be -6 (from first critter), -10 from poison, -X second critter etc etc. So, if FG has 6 HP left, and you have <=10 HP, pulled doll will kill FG even though you cant actually survive your poison counters.

• New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg201713#msg201713
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2010, 03:26:45 pm »

Oh wow I didn't know that. In the animation it always looks like poison goes first.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg203050#msg203050
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2010, 07:08:28 pm »
Not really back, just wanted to say that I love this deck, and this is why.  I didn't draw a Grav Pull until the turn that I killed Obliterator dead, but with 4xTU on his 11/5 Momentumed Shrieker and a few BBs to keep his damage low, Shak'ar has more than one trick up his sleeve.

:)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Blues

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Blues is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg204138#msg204138
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2010, 11:52:32 pm »
Is there no safer method to get the same result?
Putting your doll on the filed means you always risk rewind/mutation.
What about life drain?
You wait untill you have accumulated enough dark quanta, put Basilisk Bloods on the doll, life-drain it and use your Twin Universes.

anything
blarg: