*Author

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg190666#msg190666
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 12:10:07 am »
This looks interesting Jangoo.  I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread.  When I get some time, I'll try to test it out.

Celidion

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg190842#msg190842
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 03:46:45 am »
This looks interesting Jangoo.  I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread.  When I get some time, I'll try to test it out.
Don't wait too long, Shak'ar is not pleased with his servants being oblivious to him.

Offline Dragoon

• Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg191198#msg191198
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 11:27:21 am »
So just a very brief run, but it's not looking too good for me at least.   :(

30 mins
-330, +45
0 cards

Osiris 1 - 1  Lacked SN
Dream Catcher 0 - 2  Lacked :entropy Q
Fire Queen 0 - 1 Lacked SN
Hermes 0 - 2 Lacked BB, SN
Graviton 0 - 1 Lacked TU
Miracle 0 - 2  Lacked SN, GP
Octane 0 - 1 Fast UGs
Morte 0 - 1 Lacked BB

I always seem to be missing one card or another to win.  I admit some of these losses may have been avoided (or at least extended) due to inexperience with the deck.  But I played with several variations for half an hour or more last night, so I wasn't a complete newb at this deck.

Code: [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74d 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7tg 7tg 7tg 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b
I'm going to try a different variation next time I play this.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg191437#msg191437
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2010, 06:44:50 pm »
Try the Tower version. It's much better IMO.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline JangooTopic starter

• Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg191564#msg191564
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2010, 09:17:10 pm »

So just a very brief run, but it's not looking too good for me at least.   :(

30 mins
-330, +45
0 cards

Osiris 1 - 1  Lacked SN
Dream Catcher 0 - 2  Lacked :entropy Q
Fire Queen 0 - 1 Lacked SN
Hermes 0 - 2 Lacked BB, SN
Graviton 0 - 1 Lacked TU
Miracle 0 - 2  Lacked SN, GP
Octane 0 - 1 Fast UGs
Morte 0 - 1 Lacked BB

I always seem to be missing one card or another to win.  I admit some of these losses may have been avoided (or at least extended) due to inexperience with the deck.  But I played with several variations for half an hour or more last night, so I wasn't a complete newb at this deck.

Code: [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74d 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7tg 7tg 7tg 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b
Doesn't look too good indeed Dragoon. Then again: 12 games is really nothing with this deck.
I have had worse losing-streaks where just nothing seemed to work for a long while ... and
they were followed by winning streaks with a mad body-count.
This deck will drag you through the true meaning of statistics ... in praxis.  ;)

Deck-experience is also a much bigger factor than I first imagined. While you certainly can play
this deck like a slot maschine, you will do much better if you don't. Getting the feel for when
to fire up the combo, when to toss out an unprotected doll and when not, when to drop out
via TU as to not lose the doll etc. etc. can take a while.
I just relaunched my stat-set because I got the feeling that I have learned so much about the
deck (and more important: the gods in reaction to it) that I am playing a different league now.

Try the Tower version. It's much better IMO.
Yeah, probably. The pros and cons of both basic deck-versions are discussed somewhere earlier
in this thread.
Personally, I can't stress enough how important "creative" use of your cards is,
which goes especially for the TUs. I still largely favour the towers for their greater ability to
finance such creativity.

I am surprised there is not a single "lack of  :aether" in that list. Did you just not get around to
even consider  :aether-quanta because you failed at an earlier stage, drawing SN, to even get going?

Either way, going for only 5 pendulums while putting in 4 precogs places the deck at a
very extreme end of the spectrum:
While supposedly averaging out the draws to the max. with all that precog,
that stability is jeopardized again by a very small quantum production.
E.g., I am guessing DreamCatcher constantly devoured that single  :entropy-quantum your
"unlucky" single pendulum produced, hence you didn't get to cast SN, hence all that precog
was for nothing ...? Stability in  :entropy that even withstands quantum-scrambling gods is
the one thing the pendulum-version should not have any trouble with.  :))
I would estimate that while the deck certainly can work with only 5 pendulums/towers it brings
it too close to the edge, sort of like that version I tried with only 2 dolls/BB earlier.

Offline Dragoon

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg192255#msg192255
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2010, 01:58:09 pm »
I am surprised there is not a single "lack of  :aether" in that list. Did you just not get around to
even consider  :aether-quanta because you failed at an earlier stage, drawing SN, to even get going?

In my practice games before the stats I did have a game where I lost because I lacked 1 Aether quantum.

As for more guerilla tactics, has anybody tried TUing an early blessed Light Dragon?  The damage adds up quickly.

• New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg192287#msg192287
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2010, 03:05:10 pm »

As for more guerilla tactics, has anybody tried TUing an early blessed Light Dragon?  The damage adds up quickly.
My second favourite target right after Hermes's 1st Destroyer. I usually only do the two when
I have that 2nd grav.pull handy:
Miracle gets all snappish with the early damage again? ---> Pooof! ... goes the Dragon!  :)) ;D :))

linkfung

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg192919#msg192919
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2010, 02:33:24 am »
I am glad to see Voodoo Panic revolved which attracted so many people's interest  ;D

Doesn't look too good indeed Dragoon. Then again: 12 games is really nothing with this deck.
I have had worse losing-streaks where just nothing seemed to work for a long while ... and
they were followed by winning streaks with a mad body-count.
This deck will drag you through the true meaning of statistics ... in praxis.  ;)
Instead it is due to the poor randomness in Elements
From my experience, it is very common to found none of the needed card which you have put 6 of them in a 30 cards deck
or on the other way, it is also very common that you found 2 or even 3 of the cards consecutively when you have only 3 of them

This makes decks like Voodoo which requires a combo of 4/5 cards even lower chance to working.
That's why I used sundials trying to fix the issue (drawing more cards means higher chance to get what you need)

However counting in the factor of speed, without sundials could be a good choice  :D
Good luck trying the deck!

Offline ninjaclone09

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ninjaclone09 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg193010#msg193010
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2010, 03:47:43 am »
I tested this...here are my results:

1. vs Rainbow: Lost
2. vs Paradox: Lost
3. vs Decay: Lost; quit early cuz those damn pests wouldnt leave me alone, couldnt gain enough quanta to hold on D= wouldve had a chance but the first pest won the 1/3 chance of getting my entropy
4. vs Miracle: Lost; BAD hand...too many paralel universes, no gravity forces D=
5. vs Rainbow: Lost; Another bad hand...
6. vs Morte: Lost; HORRIBLE hand...

Offline Jen-i

• Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg195045#msg195045
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2010, 03:53:38 pm »
I've been playing this deck against FG pretty consistently for the last week and have noticed a few things.

It either looses horribly or it wins quickly - I'm averaging 10 - 15 games an hour and winning around 30% right now.
I'll post stats once I have them a little more together.

I'm playing a variation of the deck - I was finding momentum was too much a problem for me - I added a couple electrocutors and they've made a ton of difference.
Lux Kyrie

• New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg196002#msg196002
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2010, 08:51:57 pm »

I am glad to see Voodoo Panic revolved which attracted so many people's interest  ;D
Yeah. I think Voodoo-panic is a sadly misunderstood deck.
Someone in chat told me that "they said it's a bad idea ..."       :-*

This makes decks like Voodoo which requires a combo of 4/5 cards even lower chance to working.
That's why I used sundials trying to fix the issue (drawing more cards means higher chance to get what you need)
However counting in the factor of speed, without sundials could be a good choice  :D
Not sure about that "pseudo randomness" you are describing.
I get the feeling my draws are pretty evenly spread ... all across the theoretical probabilities.
It actually feels more like it's simply not that easy to get a combo like this in general,
so you end up biting your keyboard a lot.

Imho, "fixing" the sundials fixed the issue. I had the worst times with the original Voodoo-panic,
because stall just doesn't belong here for the reasons pointed out in the OP.
And sundials don't actually speed up your drawpower. You just make up for the card you
didn't draw the next turn, if you are lucky enough to still hold that dial by then ... so basically
you are left with solely the stall effect.

I've been playing this deck against FG pretty consistently for the last week and have noticed a few things.

It either looses horribly or it wins quickly - I'm averaging 10 - 15 games an hour and winning around 30% right now.

I'm playing a variation of the deck - I was finding momentum was too much a problem for me - I added a couple electrocutors and they've made a ton of difference.
Did you substitute some cards for Elecs?

Malduk

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg196090#msg196090
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2010, 11:10:38 pm »

Did you substitute some cards for Elecs?
I was testing version with 2 Electrocutors instead of 2 Precogs, and I have mixed feelings so far. On a good draw against right opponent it can win you a match you would lose without it. Against perma control gods its useless. But you lose on draws, as Electrocutor is not part of your setup. It just helps. Sometimes.
Sadly, I started to keep stats for the deck too late, so I only have about 300-400 matches played. Much too early to make a comparison between two versions.

blarg: