*Author

Offline coinich

• Reputation Power: 19
  • coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.coinich is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg337024#msg337024
« Reply #300 on: May 19, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »
operator error

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg337028#msg337028
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »
yup
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg337037#msg337037
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2011, 08:13:32 pm »
PEBKAC
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

kirchj33

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg337068#msg337068
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2011, 09:04:03 pm »

Ekdikos

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg338370#msg338370
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2011, 03:03:36 am »
I'm relatively new to this game, and this was my first, and still is my only FG deck. From running A3 and T50 with a minor vampire/Adrenaline deck, I started looking for a decent deck to help fund all of my own failed creations. I think I had something like 400 cards... But after staring at this deck for what seemed like forever, I sold every card but what was in my hand, got this and upgraded just over half the cards (and in my inexperience, I upgraded the wrong cards- starting with TU, BB, and VD)... The first ten hands or so, I thought I had made a big mistake, but then I started seeing what I needed to do, won enough cards to up the rest of the deck. This was during 1.27, and I started keeping stats. I'm only up to 119 recorded, but I thought I'd share some of them.

The deck I'm using is:
Code: [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74d 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7qb 7qb 7tg 7tg 7tg 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b
(oh yeah, sorry -atm I am too newb with formatting to put it in a table proper)

Games played: 119
Raw winrate: 32.77%
Normalized winrate: 35.08%
Avg. TTW: 9.51

Not sure about the fancier stats yet, but I'll be looking into those soon; plus, I seem to be a bit above the curve right now, so we'll have to see what happens as I close in on 200 games.

Some side stats and such that don't really mean anything (still only applying to the 119 recorded games):
-I have a total of 2 EM (once against Dream Catcher and once against Serket)
-Despite having played each of them 6 times, I've yet to come close to beating Dark Matter, Osiris, or Seism (rewind... Grr.)
-I also haven't beat Gemini or Lionheart, but I only played against them twice each, and I think I was close.
-After 119 games, if I hadn't won or sold a single card, I'd be down 421 Electrum (but counting cards, I'm up ~30,000)
-My median win% against individual FGs is 33%
-I played against morte 10 times, and he stomped me 8 of those times...

Also, playing Chaos Lord with a good TU draw is the most epic fun of all time; Even if a simple BB would stop it, I cannot resist TUing a druid, and mutating my dolls -praying the whole while to get one with the steal skill (that I can afford) to steal his shield and quantum towers to feed my mutants...

anyway, my second post ever, and I hope I contributed something to this thread!

Oh! And I cannot believe I almost walked away without offering my profuse thanks for this deck idea- amazing! (both the deck and that I almost forgot)

Offline JangooTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg339049#msg339049
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2011, 11:53:24 am »

Okay, im going to put this in the kindest way possible. This is the worst deck idea i have ever seen for its money. [...]

None of the variations worked. I have spent /wasted over 75K elec on this deck.

To sum it all up, Thanks for the deck idea!! Hope you come up with many many more! :)
Thanks for the feedback. There is a slight chance that you are the statistical manifestation
of extremely bad luck ... not very likely though.
Currently there is no new FG-deck in my forge but I'll let you know when the time has come.  :-*

For a hint how a self-declared noob performs using the deck:

Games played: 119
Raw winrate: 32.77%
Normalized winrate: 35.08%
Avg. TTW: 9.51
Amazing for having played under 1.27! As if nothing has changed since 1.26.
Did you leach some of KingJellys luck to improve yours?  ;)

-Despite having played each of them 6 times, I've yet to come close to beating Dark Matter, Osiris, or Seism (rewind... Grr.)
-I also haven't beat Gemini or Lionheart, but I only played against them twice each, and I think I was close.
-I played against morte 10 times, and he stomped me 8 of those times...
Yeah, you can pretty much forget DM and Lionheart.
DM has always been a pain in the butt (as is Decay but much worse imho) and Lionheart simply has waaay
too much rewind-power. I think I only ever won against DM like one time ... his worst draw ever.
Osiris and especially Seism are possible but you need to get very lucky ... draw out some rewinds by
playing your doll before actually casting stuff on it if you can pay for it and after that hope they are stuck
with no rewinds until you are done.
Gemini and Morte are toughish I agree but in my games nor much more than the other gods ...
with a ~30% win-rate almost all gods seem tough to me.  :))  With Gemini, you just need him to start
out with some "stoppable" Recluses and cast your doll a bit earlier before unstoppable dmg kills you.
For Morte, I feel it helps to not rush you doll-cast if he hasn't got loads of poison on you already.
Hoping for the perfect moment when you can cast everything and get it over with in 1-2 turns is better
than casting too early and seeing your doll die to an unexpected bone-dragon.

anyway, my second post ever, and I hope I contributed something to this thread!
Sure thing ... you are actually the first/second person since the update to come back here and show
comprehensive stats on a deck that has more or less been declared dead-by-nerf.

(oh yeah, sorry -atm I am too newb with formatting to put it in a table proper)
Since you seem to be very interested in taking stats. Here is the answer to all your problems,
including proper tables and all the rest : STATMASTA 4000 (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,21654.0.html) ;)

Ekdikos

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg339440#msg339440
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2011, 04:41:00 am »
Thanks Jangoo!

It seems that the FGs hold on to their rewinds until after I cast a BB on them... I'll toss a doll or two (when I pull them! lol) and they will sit and sit... I know they have rewind from the precog I used. Then I cast BB (even just one) and next turn they poof that doll. Have you noticed this, or is there something I can do to discourage that behavior?

With morte I think it has been more my draws(luck)- I don't get my card combo until it is too late- usually missing either gravity force or a doll and not drawing it till I already have 60 health and 20 poison, or so... So yeah, I'm hoping that will change- I'm only up to 126 games now, so not much change on the numbers yet...

I think some of my problems/successes have to do with the fact I'm not afraid to use it as a TU deck, especially if I draw some pendulums and TUs at the beginning of the game. I'll use TU on a big baddie, then BB his creatures. I like doing that especially on... Whichever FG likes to accelerate and momentum his dragons. That is amazing fun having three or four dragons doing 26 damage or so the last turn :)

Also, It was you're link to Statmasta4000 (in your... signature space??) that encouraged me to start taking stats! Unfortunately, I don't think it works so well with openoffice or something... All lines with !!! points and I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I used it as a template to make my own spreadsheet (A1 cell says "All praise to Statmasta4000")... I have all the essentials, but nothing fancy yet. I did add a few fields of my own though... Anyway, thanks again!

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg339447#msg339447
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2011, 05:23:36 am »
Thanks Jangoo!

It seems that the FGs hold on to their rewinds until after I cast a BB on them... I'll toss a doll or two (when I pull them! lol) and they will sit and sit... I know they have rewind from the precog I used. Then I cast BB (even just one) and next turn they poof that doll. Have you noticed this, or is there something I can do to discourage that behavior?
That's typical AI behaviour that can't be prevented. The best that you can do to work around it is take a Doll, BB it (don't pull it yet), and then wait for them to Rewind. If they only have 1 or 2 Rewinds, repeat until they run out and then you can safely Pull the Doll. If your Precog shows more than just a few Rewinds, or if they have Eternity and plenty of Time quanta, auto-quit to save yourself the trouble.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline JangooTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg339540#msg339540
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2011, 12:33:52 pm »

I must admit that I haven't really played much at all lately and when I do,
I am mostly testing a CCYB-version for the FG-efficiency-study (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,25609.0.html) before moving on to voodoo-decks.
I had no idea the AI-buff went as far as holding rewinds.
But then again I have also observed FGs getting caught with a bad hand and then
not playing a single creature as soon as a gravpulled doll is on the field.
(-> deckout-loss  :o)

At least when it comes to dolls, the AI has really learned most tricks in the book it seems.

Also, It was you're link to Statmasta4000 (in your... signature space??) that encouraged me to start taking stats! Unfortunately, I don't think it works so well with openoffice or something... All lines with !!! points and I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I used it as a template to make my own spreadsheet (A1 cell says "All praise to Statmasta4000")... I have all the essentials, but nothing fancy yet. I did add a few fields of my own though... Anyway, thanks again!
Crap. I also had no idea how few people actually have Excel.
Where I am from, you either get it when buying your PC or you "borrow" it from a friend or something ...  8)

The columns with "!!!" and "disabled" are unfortunately crucial for the table to work as
intended. They don't work because OO doesn't support Excel-macros.
Anyways, the announced OO-version will be released during the next week.  :D

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg339545#msg339545
« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2011, 12:42:30 pm »
Heh, 'round these parts we get Microsoft Office 2010 on our PC's which has some basic form of Word and Excel, but Excel itself is a bit of a relic of the past. There are better options for free more commonly used here.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Ekdikos

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg343303#msg343303
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2011, 05:14:02 pm »
Hey, I thought I'd update my progress (not sure if I should just be editing my previous post?)

I sort of went on a binder and shot right by 200 games up to (presently) 269... I know that is an odd number, but I need to take a break and thought this would be a good way to do it... unfortunately, my run of good luck (I guess that is what it was) didn't last, but I'm not sure if that is strictly the decks true colors (+my play style with it) coming out, or if it is just an incredibly bad run against FGs that like to eat me with laxatives... Even besides that, though, I think the numbers aren't too bad:

Total games:   269
Raw Win % :     28.62
Win % (N)   :     29.56
Avg. ttw      :       9.8

And perhaps, for a bit of clarity (I tried to look up how to make tables, but it said I wasn't able to search the forum?):

wins  loses
Akebono            5       5
Chaos Lord        0       6
Dark Matter       0     10
Decay                4       2
Destiny              3     11
Divine Glory       3       3
Dream Catcher  2       5
Elidnis                3       5
Eternal Phoenix 2       8
Ferox                 3       8
Fire Queen         1      4
Gemini               0       9
Graviton             3      9
Hecate               2      4
Hermes              3      7
Incarnate           3     3
Jezebel              7      5
Lionheart           4      5
Miracle               1      4
Morte                 2    12
Neptune            2      4
Obliterator        3       4
Octane              4       9
Osiris                 1     11
Paradox            1        3
Rainbow            6        8
Scorpio              2      12
Seism                 1     11
Serket               6        5

Oh yeah, thats ugly... I've already typed it, so there it is- but I will refrain from doing anything like that again until I learn how to do it right... Anyway, so you see how I've played against a few FGs 14 times, yet some others only 6... I know normalizing the win% is supposed to account for that, but with such a skewed sample, I'm not sure how effective it is. The last 20 or so games I started skipping the Fgs I'd played a lot, but it seems like you get FGs in jags (I skipped Ferox 3 times in a row!) I'm not really a math wiz though, so I might be applying perceptive bias. (something about numbers not lying?)

Also, the last time I played against Neptune, he froze and shockwaved my doll, even though it was BB'd and had 40 of 80 hit points... That was sad. That's the only time that happened, so I don't know if that is new/emergent AI behavior, or just crazy-random happenstance.

I'm not sure what my problem with Morte and Gemini are, but it surely didn't right itself over a longer haul... One the other hand I seem to have had a decent run against lionheart and Decay...

Anyway, so there it is.

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg343342#msg343342
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2011, 06:11:32 pm »
want to try this deck out, but not exactly rich enough... is there a nonupped version that doesn't rely on supernovas?

blarg: