*Author

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg228287#msg228287
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2010, 03:06:25 pm »
This deck still works in 1.26, ai hasn't gotten any smarter, and there aren't any major fg changes.
I'm also going to record a ttw for this because I feel like it :P

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg228289#msg228289
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2010, 03:07:07 pm »
This deck should go up in win/lose % because of the voodoo patch.
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg228293#msg228293
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2010, 03:10:58 pm »
This deck should go up in win/lose % because of the voodoo patch.
Indeed, I've had a lot of losses against Hermes because of that lame Fahrenheit bug, and beating Bonds might be slightly easier too, we'll see.

Malduk

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg228304#msg228304
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2010, 03:27:25 pm »
I'll just say 7-8 turns for win (2-3 minutes), and 2-3 turns for loss (< minute) is how lots of the games end  ;D
Would be interesting to see average turns to win :)

And yeah, Bond change definitely helps. I'd say a lot too.

nco

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg230832#msg230832
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2010, 10:43:51 am »
Cloak + voodoo seems a cool combo , maybe not in this version but it should work. Haven t tested , saw it played by a level3 deck with rage

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg230837#msg230837
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2010, 11:10:30 am »
Cloak + voodoo seems a cool combo , maybe not in this version but it should work. Haven t tested , saw it played by a level3 deck with rage
Cloak would make the :darkness quantum usage go all wonky because the Dolls are only being fuelled by Supernovas.

Silence, however, could be an interesting setup card, as 2 :aether isn't too steep, even when using the Entropy Pendulum version. I suspect that the Aether Tower version would be easier to quanta-balance with Silence, though.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Skyfox

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg230980#msg230980
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »
Great deck - finally switched from my old RoL standby. 

I hear you, I'm trying to fit the new cards in, but, for now, I prefer the stability afforded by precog's (fewer bad draws) to the stall of silence.  Of course, the precog version can be infuriating if you don't get a pendulum ASAP.

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg231478#msg231478
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2010, 03:50:57 pm »
Just bought the voodoo dolls, and the entropy pendulums of course. What an incredible retard am I when it comes to the mechanics of the cards I haven't played with. It's so much fun to try everything, but usually I can't for lack of funding. (I don't like using the trainer all the time.)

It blew my mind the deck had only 3 pulls, while the TU does not copy the gravity pull. How can it work, I wonder? (Yes I actually intended to have all the puppets die one by one.) I then followed the odd advice of copying the almost dead doll. (What does an almost dead doll do???) And much to my surprise, the copying itself did damage.

I hate the 3 puppet version, because I don't play decks with the intention to not pull my cards. Just not my style, and statistics can't convince me. It only takes one or two games and I'll give it up. No, when I want a card, I put 4 in, simple as that. I always do it, in fact. If I live halfway through the deck, I also want to win it.  :))

This is a fun deck and I'm using it  for some quick wins in AI5 now, because I no longer have any electrums. It is very funny and I managed to win with 1 TU a few times. (Puppet had 100-120 HP)  Will keep trying, hope to slay some FG's with it, though I'm not sure this is the best deck for it.

Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg231640#msg231640
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2010, 08:23:07 pm »
i like the deck but a god by god breakdown'd be awesome, first matches against some specefic gods were hard to find out.
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Malduk

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg231657#msg231657
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2010, 08:38:02 pm »
I've been planning to do a god by god guide with some extra explanations, but that'll have to wait till after the new year, as I'm off to my well deserved vacation tomorrow. :)

Krahhl

Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg232082#msg232082
« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2010, 07:43:26 am »
I won't do a full guide for every god because many have the exact same strategy, which is standard for voodoo decks.

Play a voodoo, gravity pull and basilisk blood it, TU for the win.

"Normal" gods with just damage (easy, strategy-wise)

Divine Glory
Dream Catcher
Elidnis
Eternal Phoenix
Ferox
Fire Queen
Hermes
Incarnate
Miracle
Morte (poison does make it harder to win, but the strategy doesn't really change)
Neptune
Osiris (not enough momentum for it to be significant)
Paradox
Rainbow
Scorpio (same as Morte)
Seism (as with any deck, play one pillar at a time)

Some of these, such as Ferox, Miracle, Hermes, etc. have very fast damage output and can easily kill your voodoos. Not much you can do, other than TU'ing a doll right before it dies in hopes of drawing more TU's to win quickly.

Unique gods (different enough to require their own explanations)

Momentum:
Gemini
Graviton
Obliterator

If they don't get a lot of momentums out, play as normal and hope for the best. If you can spare BB's, use them on creatures with momentum.

If they get a lot of momentumed creatures, switch to a different tactic. TU whatever has momentum and the highest attack, then use BB's purely for CC. Toss down one voodoo with gravity pull and a single BB to delay their weapon and soak damage from anything without momentum, as well as return the damage against your opponent. Games can be won this way, but the chance is pretty low.

Mutation:
Chaos Lord
Destiny

For Chaos Lord, precognition is really your friend. Wait for him to use mutations on his own creatures before playing your voodoo. If he plays a druid, BB it. You need a lot more luck than is usually required for this deck, and if you see that his hand is full of druids/mutations, it's probably better to save time and quit.

Destiny has a lot less mutation and less quanta to use it. Speed is your best bet, so play as normal, but stop a druid with BB if you need to.

Dark Matter:
Much harder with the tower version than pendulum version. Don't play any supernovas until you have the entire combo in your hand; a doll, a gravity force, and a few basilisk bloods. Before then, just play as many pendulums as possible. If you use towers, you probably won't have enough entropy quanta. Once you have everything, cast a single supernova, cast more later when you need quanta. Your start will be slow, and if he gets a lot of chargers or nymphs early, quit.

Decay:
Quite the opposite of Dark Matter, play as many supernovas as you can as fast as possible. The exception is when you have a lot of everything except earth quanta. Then, save a supernova for when you draw more basilisk bloods so prevent him from draining it all earlier. Damage really depends on eclipse, and the longer the game drags on before he plays one, the more likely he'll drain everything, including aether for TU's. Luck here.

Octane:
Lots of Eagle's Eyes and animates = win. Lots of gases = lose. There isn't anything you can do; just hope that RNG is on your side.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Shak'ars Revenge (FG-Voodoo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14435.msg232086#msg232086
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2010, 07:53:05 am »
Nice.

A few things that I'd add to the strategy notes:

Osiris does have Catapults now, so a little more caution should be taken (i.e. leave a little bit more leeway HP than before). I'm not sure when the AI will start launching their Scarabs, though.

Alternate strategy for Chaos Lord: if they get early Druids, then play the Dolls and wait for him to Mutate them. BB the remaining Druids and enemy mutants, then use PU on the strongest mutants on the field. Obviously, PU before BB on enemy mutants. ;)

Sample Screenshot

Here, Chaos Lord got a Druid out on the second turn, so I just played a Voodoo, waited for them to Mutate it, and then TU'ed the mutant and BB'ed their Druid and mutants while my own mutant army attacked for the win.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

blarg: