*Author

Rainmaker

SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg214775#msg214775
« on: December 02, 2010, 03:31:45 am »
Well, i player a TONS of game with SG's old deck, and teweaked till getting to a good working deck on 1.25.

My current setup:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52n 52r 5c2 5f6 5f6 5li 5oi 5oi 5ol 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 621 621 621 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u0 6u6 749 74b 74b 7ba 7dm 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 8ps

I know, some cards should be upgraded, i didn't want to sell my current upped cards to fully upgrade the deck, just to show that the deck works well not TOTALLY upped. Missing cards there are more SoG (Shard of Gratitude, green shard upped).

Ok explaining the basic that everyone already should/does know.
+Upgraded pillars is FUNDAMENTAL to this deck, as you need to start stocking quanta. It really makes the difference.
+Oughty is for creature control AND generating skeletons for the Fallen Elf
+Boneyard, Owls eye and Elite Queen are for providing creatures for Fallen Elf
+Dissipation, Bonewall and Graviti shield are for avoiding damage.
+Sundials for stall (ocasionnaly use them to get draws).
+Miracle is primarily to get elementary mastery, while SoG and Heal are for survival. They are complementary to get EM
+3 Deflagration are to break enemy shields or permanent cards (eclipse, shields, weapons, etc)
+Usually spend the 3 quintaeesence for Oughty+Fallen Elf, Elite Queen+Fallen Elf. The third is usually if you animate the owls eyes, the Eternity, or if you wanna quint the trio oughty+Elf+Queen.

Be VERY carefull with Dissipation shield: it eats our quanta (1 quanta = 1 unit of damage, a jade dragon (12|9) will take from you 12 quanta, that is 3 quanta pillar per turn).
When using wall keep an eye on the number of skeleton wall; 1 dead creature generates +2; each creature attacking eats -1 from shield.
By turn ~4 you will most of the times have already 4 or 5 pillars up, that is 15 quanta/turn; most probably 1 of each per turn. This guarantees to have your game up by turn 10~15.
The deck is pretty slim (39 cards, could get it to less), so to have a game taken by turn 10~15. You will build up and stall till turn 10 probably, DON'T  be afraid to play to the near end of the game. Most games can be won. Also don't get cocky, lots of Gods cannot be beaten or chances are pretty slim. Gemini, FireflyQueen, Obliterator, Decay, Dark Matter, Miracle are "beatable" Gods.

Unusual strategies:
+Mutate enemy creatures to increase their health (when you have gravity shield) or to get a creature with lower health and kill it with owls eyes, eat it with oughty or get it back to his deck with eternity
+ALWAYS keep 1 eternity to not deckout
+Use animate if you know that your enemy may destroy or steal your weapon card

(I ll keep update, feel free to comment, suggest addition, etc)
I don't have Permafrost because it require 7 water quanta, TOO many to get it into use. I try to keep quanta requirement below 5.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:56:42 am by willng3 »

TENSUKI

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg215681#msg215681
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:28:14 pm »
Well, i player a TONS of game with SG's old deck, and teweaked till getting to a good working deck on 1.25.

My current setup:
Code: [Select]
52n 52r 5c2 5f6 5f6 5li 5oi 5oi 5ol 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 621 621 621 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6u0 6u6 749 74b 74b 7dm 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5I know, some cards should be upgraded, i didn't want to sell my current upped cards to fully upgrade the deck, just to show that the deck works well not TOTALLY upped. Missing cards there are more SoG (Shard of Gratitude, green shard upped).

Ok explaining the basic that everyone already should/does know.
+Upgraded pillars is FUNDAMENTAL to this deck, as you need to start stocking quanta. It really makes the difference.
+Oughty is for creature control AND generating skeletons for the Fallen Elf
+Boneyard, Owls eye and Elite Queen are for providing creatures for Fallen Elf
+Dissipation, Bonewall and Graviti shield are for avoiding damage.
+Sundials for stall (ocasionnaly use them to get draws).
+Miracle is primarily to get elementary mastery, while SoG and Heal are for survival. They are complementary to get EM
+3 Deflagration are to break enemy shields or permanent cards (eclipse, shields, weapons, etc)
+Usually spend the 3 quintaeesence for Oughty+Fallen Elf, Elite Queen+Fallen Elf. The third is usually if you animate the owls eyes, the Eternity, or if you wanna quint the trio oughty+Elf+Queen.

Be VERY carefull with Dissipation shield: it eats our quanta (1 quanta = 1 unit of damage, a jade dragon (12|9) will take from you 12 quanta, that is 3 quanta pillar per turn).
When using wall keep an eye on the number of skeleton wall; 1 dead creature generates +2; each creature attacking eats -1 from shield.
By turn ~4 you will most of the times have already 4 or 5 pillars up, that is 15 quanta/turn; most probably 1 of each per turn. This guarantees to have your game up by turn 10~15.
The deck is pretty slim (39 cards, could get it to less), so to have a game taken by turn 10~15. You will build up and stall till turn 10 probably, DON'T  be afraid to play to the near end of the game. Most games can be won. Also don't get cocky, lots of Gods cannot be beaten or chances are pretty slim. Gemini, FireflyQueen, Obliterator, Decay, Dark Matter, Miracle are "beatable" Gods.

Unusual strategies:
+Mutate enemy creatures to increase their health (when you have gravity shield) or to get a creature with lower health and kill it with owls eyes, eat it with oughty or get it back to his deck with eternity
+ALWAYS keep 1 eternity to not deckout
+Use animate if you know that your enemy may destroy or steal your weapon card

(I ll keep update, feel free to comment, suggest addition, etc)
I don't have Permafrost because it require 7 water quanta, TOO many to get it into use. I try to keep quanta requirement below 5.
Looks good, just a suggestion:

-1 Dissipation Field, -1 Quintessence
+1 Permafrost Shield, +1 Sundial

Use Sundials when you have Light quanta just to draw the extra card when you're really in need of extra cards but don't have 4 time quanta.

Rainmaker

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg215994#msg215994
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 01:21:44 am »
Thanks for the reply:
As the game progresses, and if you get to start getting control of the board, i keep Dissipation to not absorbe damage, and get EM.
12 quanta towers = 36 quanta per turn = i can absorbe 36 dmg per turn (obviously in 3 or 4 turns i will reduce that by killing the enemy creatures).

Originally the deck had 2 quintaessence BUT:
a) 2 quint don't come too regularly when needed (you have 2/39 = 5% of drawing 1 each hand); with 3 you have 7.7%.
With 3 quint, chances of not getting one after turn 9 is something like ~50%. That means that chances of getting at least one are ~50% (give or take 5%)

b) indeed the deck would need 4.
1 for oughty. 1 for fallen elf. 1 for queen. 1 for animated weapon (either pulvy, owls or eternity).
But the aether requirement would be really high.
And the draws would be pretty often getting ur hand full of useful cards. (and you will find moments when you have to dicard one)

Rainmaker

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg219329#msg219329
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 04:33:01 am »
52n 5c2 5ol 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 621 621 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u6 71b 749 74b 74b 77f 7dm 7gp 7k2 7n2 7n2 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5
I took your advise and:
 - Dissipation Shield  :entropy
 + Permafrost Shield :water

Although i m not that happy that it costs me 7 :water
If i get it in the first 3 hands it pretty sucks, because i won't be able to play it for long (~5 turns mostly).
But, the good thing is that works marvellous.

Also, i grinded T50 to get the green shards.
I ve now got 3 SoG; most probably i will grin until i get the 6th; and remove the heal  :life and the improved heal  :light
Maybe i could trhow an ehnhance/protect artifact or another quintessence (many gods either explosion my weapons or shocwave/rage/rewind/etc my fling weapons or creatures.
I mean, basically i either grow an army with oughty+graveyard+fallen elf or with elite queen+fallen elf.

What do you think?

TENSUKI

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg220358#msg220358
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 06:15:05 pm »
52n 5c2 5ol 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 621 621 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u6 71b 749 74b 74b 77f 7dm 7gp 7k2 7n2 7n2 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5
I took your advise and:
 - Dissipation Shield  :entropy
 + Permafrost Shield :water

Although i m not that happy that it costs me 7 :water
If i get it in the first 3 hands it pretty sucks, because i won't be able to play it for long (~5 turns mostly).
But, the good thing is that works marvellous.

Also, i grinded T50 to get the green shards.
I ve now got 3 SoG; most probably i will grin until i get the 6th; and remove the heal  :life and the improved heal  :light
Maybe i could trhow an ehnhance/protect artifact or another quintessence (many gods either explosion my weapons or shocwave/rage/rewind/etc my fling weapons or creatures.
I mean, basically i either grow an army with oughty+graveyard+fallen elf or with elite queen+fallen elf.

What do you think?
I find that...

1. If you have a Oty, always play it as a primary creature.
Fallen Elf and Firefly Queen are second tier and can be played with the similar priority but Fallen Elf takes priority.

2. When choosing which is the best to pair up with, I'd have to say Fallen Elf. Fallen Elf can mutate a Skeleton into a create which may or may not change the game (steal, devour, paradox, congeal, precognition) while Firefly Queen cannot. Fallen Elf can most importantly mutate those large ogres of creatures that your opponent plays.

For example, let's say a Forest Spirit was played and it's up to twenty-some HP. Now, mutating it might give it an ability which causes a concern for a turn, but if your Oty has 9 HP and the newly mutated create has less than that (most cases does), then you'll just eat it for a win-win. Always mutate any game-changing threats before mutating your own creature. Slightly risky, but if you have a creature of your own that can paradox, congeal, or devour again... because of previous Fallen Elf mutations, it's still better than simply have a FireFly Queen that only produces a single monster.

In this case, strategy takes priority over brute force. An army is created from Boneyard and Oty with Reign of Fire far faster and more efficiently than FFQ can on its own in substitute for Fallen Elf.

Fallen Elf > Firefly Queen. When choosing which to quint determine if you have Feral Bond or SoG. If SoG's more than Feral Bonds, then Fallen Elf wins.

In this deck, Permafrost shield takes a bit to get up and running. However, as any FG Eternity based deck suggest, it takes at least seven turns to truly get setup properly in most cases. Generally Permafrost takes less than 10.

Rainmaker

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg220765#msg220765
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 03:54:56 am »
Obviously Oughty is CC.
But keep in mind, that against some Gods I need heavy use of gravity:
For example is Neptune (who plays abyss crawler 6|6), he plays permafrost shields, poseidon, etc.
I use a lot the Gravity shield (3) and Pulveryzer (4x:earth +  2x:gravity ability).
I only keep oughty there to get the artic squid from congealing my iimproved mutations....
Firefly queen works better when playing against gods who build up their army from skeletons (Morte that I recall now, dunno if scorpio too).
There i just keep pulveryzer alive to get the graveyards down, till i can lay down my oughty. But most cases it just turns useless, because He has 12~6 graveyards (24~12 :gravity on destroys)

Rainmaker

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg222658#msg222658
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 04:49:52 am »
52n 5ro 5rp 5rp 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u6 71b 749 74b 74b 75m 77f 77i 7dm 7gp 7n2 7n2 7n3 7n5 7q5 7q5 80h 80h 80h
This is the final version.

Works great against most FG

TENSUKI

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg224383#msg224383
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 06:03:12 am »
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 6u7 77f 77f 7ak 7dq 7dq 7gp 7k2 7n0 7q5 7q5 7t9 7te 80h 80h
This is my current FG build. I find it a lot more fun and less time consuming than a SGbow variant.

The main purpose isn't to fractal like you'd expect in a CC Why Bother? variant, but rather to Antimatter & Liquid Shadow a main enemy damage dealer.

1. Antimatter 7+ attack target.
2. Liquid Shadow Antimattered target if they have 7+ HP, the higher the better.
3. Lava Golem Quinted for gradual damage.
4. Drop Improved Fog always if you don't have Jade Shield.
5. Drop Jade Shield against direct damage or permanent controlling FG's. Otherwise Permafrost it up.
6. Pulvy's are obviously just permanent control, think Feral Bond, Unstable Gas, Dusk Shield, Fire Shield, Jade Staff, you name it.
7. It's no 5 turn win, but you can get the job done before decking out.

Notice the Miracle giving me plenty of elbow room for smacking him in the face? This was the first match I paired up to try and take a snapshot with. Got lucky maybe, or it's just a fairly decent build.

TENSUKI

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg224397#msg224397
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 06:28:55 am »
Also, just paired up with Graviton for the first time tonight. Perhaps another lucky hand.

Rainmaker

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg224950#msg224950
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:09:18 am »
You don't have eternity, you might deckout. (specially against CC Gods)

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg224973#msg224973
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 01:34:54 am »
Can you put up the results against the FG? Or which are the best FG to face with this deck?

TENSUKI

Re: SG's deck update 1.25 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16780.msg225438#msg225438
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 07:09:11 pm »
Can you put up the results against the FG? Or which are the best FG to face with this deck?
Sure. I'll do a 50 or 60 sample with this deck. I'd recommend trying it out in the Trainer "http://www.elementsthegame.com/trainer" first.

blarg: