*Author

verity_blues

Scarab/Aunbis deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=775.msg7371#msg7371
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:05 pm »
Finally, I got around to registering on the forums. Good thing  I waited, because I would have posted about 5 different deck themes I've tried since finding Elements last week. Well, here is my deck guys, its alot of fun.

Edit: latest, slimmed down version
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vm 52n 58t 5f6 5f8 5i7 5lf 5ol 5rn 5rn 5rq 5rq 5rq 5rq 5rq 5rq 5up 5up 61q 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 7am 7q5 8ps

My stratagies are varied, because I've included some (though useful) low casting cost stuff to ensure that whatever the quantum I have, there are options for it. The overall goal is to get the scarabs out and get their HP to 6 or higher quick, or enter them into play one at a time with an already immortalized Aunbis to touch them with his ability. NOTE: if you take this route and have armor or blessing, be sure to cast these upon the scarab before using Anubis on them; making them untargetable.

But, aside from the main strategy there are other nasty, nasties, too. The bone yards ensure scarab growth, even after they eat all of the enemies. Don't eat all of your skel's though, just enough to get a few scarabs to 6 HP. This will allow them to eat nearly anything out there. Any remaining skel's are great fodder for your fallen elf/druid. Also, skel's are great for Feral Bond. The only weapon is the owls eye, this weapon is perfect for lowering your opponents creatures HP to more edible levels for a whelpling scarab. There are only two steals, use them wisely. I use them primarily as a counter to an opposing steal, unless the situation is dire and I could realy use their phase sheild or something like that. The freeze and procrastination are great for giving me a tad bit more time to eat the enemies creatures at my own pace. The sundial is for bidding time or drawing a few cards, the hourglass just used to much time quantum to justify including it (only because I do not have them upgraded yet.)

This deck could of had more cards, Lord knows, I left out some of my favorite cards. But, I dislike having more than 40 cards for a non god-killing deck. And most of them were apart from the theme, which is drawing scarab's and anubis!

Please feel free to comment.

BTW:

Don't register your account here using hotmail, hotmail won't accept the confirmation email for some reason.

Now, time for war, egyptian style!!!!!!!!!

Walk like an Egyptian.... ;p

EDIT:   There are not alot of upgrades in this, otherwise it could be vastly different in its configuration/card includement. I only started to invest in TIME cards last night, and my upped non-towers are all non-time. I've tested this configuration about 100 times so far, not perfect but alot of fun. And what is better than that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:06:20 pm by willng3 »

Scaredgirl

Scarab/Aunbis deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=775.msg7566#msg7566
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:06 pm »

That looks pretty good. You have your quantum usage pretty well balanced out which is important.

Biggest weakness is of course total lack of shields and only one healing card. Also if that Hourglass is on bottom of your deck, you might be in trouble.

My Scarab deck that uses a similar idea (but without Anubis) looks like this:

As you can see, I have 4 x Bone Wall which is the most important cards in decks like these. Your Scarabs keep eating and your Bone Wall gets bigger.

If I were you, I would try out the Bone Wall.

Scarab/Aunbis deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=775.msg7567#msg7567
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:06 pm »

I'm with her on this one. If you're playing a devourering rainbow deck, Bonewalls are a necessity.

blarg: