*Author

scottish

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg261881#msg261881
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2011, 11:53:37 am »
I never really understood why the 30-card version wasn't a 32-card version with 2 Hourglasses. It works a lot better that way for me.
I think most deck cannot execute opponents before you will deck out with 30 card deck. STALKER has only one creature and one weapon source for damage. It is not enough to make 200 damage before you draw your last card but you start recycle your creature.
I think in this version one deja vu could be perfect if you use 2 HGs.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg261894#msg261894
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2011, 12:54:36 pm »
I think most deck cannot execute opponents before you will deck out with 30 card deck. STALKER has only one creature and one weapon source for damage. It is not enough to make 200 damage before you draw your last card but you start recycle your creature.
I think in this version one deja vu could be perfect if you use 2 HGs.
What about rewinding an opponent creature to Mindgate that? Afaik, most Gods play many creatures, so that wouldn't be a big problem...
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

zse

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg261928#msg261928
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2011, 02:22:59 pm »
IF you play this correctly, it's win rate is VERY high. And it's way more fun than CCYB to be sure. It's only problem is, I never had a game run for less than 30 turns.
...never had a game run for less than 30 turns.
Oh I have. Actually I've been beaten many times in less than 10 rounds. :-[

But in my opinion that feature is actually one of the best things while using this deck: If you lose game, you'll lose really fast - I believe some 70-80% of losses I've had are from games lasting less than 10 rounds. If the game takes lot longer than that, you'll end up winning almost every time (excluding games against Dark Matter, Obliterator and Seism).

That thing is quite the opposite when you're using CCYB: you can lose both to early rush as well as in late rounds to decking out, multiple TUs, multiple Momentums, powerful Mutations, etc.

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg262132#msg262132
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2011, 08:12:11 pm »
IF you play this correctly, it's win rate is VERY high. And it's way more fun than CCYB to be sure. It's only problem is, I never had a game run for less than 30 turns.
...never had a game run for less than 30 turns.
Oh I have. Actually I've been beaten many times in less than 10 rounds. :-[

But in my opinion that feature is actually one of the best things while using this deck: If you lose game, you'll lose really fast - I believe some 70-80% of losses I've had are from games lasting less than 10 rounds. If the game takes lot longer than that, you'll end up winning almost every time (excluding games against Dark Matter, Obliterator and Seism).

That thing is quite the opposite when you're using CCYB: you can lose both to early rush as well as in late rounds to decking out, multiple TUs, multiple Momentums, powerful Mutations, etc.
after i added blue nymph, i have not lost once with CCYB due to deck out or TUs (they TU my nymph...)
momentums are a pain, but most momentums gods are skipped, so, no loss there...
powerful mutations? antimatter them, and the AI will mutate them again (usually...)

zse

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg262701#msg262701
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 12:24:51 pm »
Short tutorial how to use this deck properly now added to 1st post:
Yet another day at the office.
See it now before others do!

*edit*
Stats from 200 games now added.

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg262703#msg262703
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 12:29:27 pm »
Short tutorial how to use this deck properly now added to 1st post:
Yet another day at the office.
See it now before others do!
thx for that, but since I was using it almost exactly like that... I won't use LS very often, but I am keeping it, just in case I get bored with CCYB

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg263569#msg263569
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 04:35:38 pm »
Heh, just ran a game with this against Gemini right after visiting the Oracle.  I ended up Quinting my Crusader to avoid getting Lobo'd (not the best move to make looking back >_>) and Mindgate was the last card in my deck.  It's the first time I've ever appreciated receiving an Ash Eater as a pet from the Oracle :D

EDIT:  Also, just EM'd Dark Matter.  I received a starting hand of 6 Quantum Towers and DM only fired off 2 Black Holes at the start of the game.  A couple of turns later I drew Aflatoxin and had his field locked down with the exception of an Angel and an Armagio (although Permafrost locked that one down too).  In the end I ended up Endowing his Titan, using 3 Black Holes on the last turn to gain an EM and dropping a Titan to get around that Armagio to deal that last bit of damage I needed.  The duel took FOREVER to complete since Mindgate was in the last ~6 cards of my deck, but I don't think I've ever had such an entertaining duel against DM before in my life.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

scottish

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg264026#msg264026
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 08:43:32 am »
ehhh. I love this deck more and more. But the original light brigade was too big, 30 card version seems to be thin. I like a 40 card version. I could use 2 hourglass one more crusader (or two) and protect artifact card, maybe more quantum towers.

What do you think?

zse

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg264053#msg264053
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 10:09:34 am »
ehhh. I love this deck more and more. But the original light brigade was too big, 30 card version seems to be thin. I like a 40 card version. I could use 2 hourglass one more crusader (or two) and protect artifact card, maybe more quantum towers.

What do you think?
My personal opinion is that this is pretty close for optimal build, at least for me. I'm only thinking of adding 1 Antimatter (or 2) and going up to 31-32 cards while doing so. But like I said, that's just my opinion and since everyone has their own styles for playing, having those added cards may fit your style better. Please post here later how your changes have affected to results.

PhantomFungi

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg264436#msg264436
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2011, 01:44:36 am »
I've added a second mindgate. It's often overkill, but I hatehatehate games in which the mindgate is the last or second to last card. Two mindgates solves the problem. I've also considered adding a "rewind" card instead of a 2nd mindgate. This would serve the same purpose, but also can be used offensively in a tight spot. That said, I think the 2nd mindgate can be more useful and sometimes speeds up games.

It seems to work well. Most games take fooooorever, but whatevs, it's strangely entertaining.

zse

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg264669#msg264669
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2011, 11:32:30 am »
I've added a second mindgate. It's often overkill, but I hatehatehate games in which the mindgate is the last or second to last card. Two mindgates solves the problem. I've also considered adding a "rewind" card instead of a 2nd mindgate. This would serve the same purpose, but also can be used offensively in a tight spot. That said, I think the 2nd mindgate can be more useful and sometimes speeds up games.

It seems to work well. Most games take fooooorever, but whatevs, it's strangely entertaining.
By a "rewind" card I assume you mean target for Eternity. If so, I'd use one of the best CC creature that is somehow often overlooked: Parasite. The attack 1 on it makes it actually better than the upped version (Bloodsucker, attack 3), because it won't freeze from Permafrost Shield.

Oracle has given me Parasite 2 times for a pet this week, and both times I've won the game with ease: Ferox couldn't rush without multiple Jade Dragons; Obliterator lost 2 Shriekers before it Gravity Pulled my pet, but then I already had the game controlled with Eternity and Spine Carapace.

scottish

Re: Lone Stalker [1.26 FG grinder] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19395.msg265950#msg265950
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2011, 10:27:53 pm »
My personal opinion is that this is pretty close for optimal build, at least for me. I'm only thinking of adding 1 Antimatter (or 2) and going up to 31-32 cards while doing so. But like I said, that's just my opinion and since everyone has their own styles for playing, having those added cards may fit your style better. Please post here later how your changes have affected to results.
Here is my version:
Code: [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u9 6u9 71c 71c 77f 77i 7aj 7gp 7jt 7k5 7k5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7ri 7ri 7t9 7t9 80h 80h 80j
Some word for extension:

it was big dilema about purify and second "STALKER". I konw it is not really loner more, but with this creature I can give a close lock on the opponents. Probably - 1 Crusader, -1 quintessence, +1 purify, +1 aflatoxin or momentum. (Some times it was hard to pass the walls if pulverizer was my last card)

towers: because of 2 Hourglasses it's need more time quantas. But fully quantum towers could be perfect.
pandemonium: creature controll if aflatoxin is not enough. It is fun!
Electrum Hourglass: for 40 card It' need to speed up.
Steal: To steal is much better than destroy. I love it.
quintessence: one more for second crusader.
Protect artifact: agains quanta destroyere or stealing. DON'T PUT ON YOUR WEAPON :D I did sometimes. But If you have two ethernitized crusader you can put pulverizer into slot and you can prtect it. I used to put on mindgate or quantum towers.

I cannot count exactly my results. Enough high and EM rate is enough.

blarg: