*Author

jalambut

Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg64451#msg64451
« on: May 06, 2010, 05:51:47 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vm 52n 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u8 71b 74b 74b 74b 77i 77i 7am 7ba 7ba 7ba 7do 7gp 7k2 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7t9 80d 80d 80h 80h 8ps

Hello forum!

Well, I know that a lot of decks like this get posted, but here is the one I've finally settled on.  It's a Scaredgirl/Puppychow variant, but I think it is better than a lot of the other variants I see posted.

I have beaten all the false gods with this deck except Eternal Phoenix I think, and I like this deck because you actually have a chance against all the false gods!  I just got done winning 4 in a row; Seism, Dream Catcher, Decay, and Gemini, so I felt bold enough to post this.  Please give feedback/suggestions/criticisms, I wish I had more comprehensive stats, but I think this deck def plays above 50%.. Let me know how it treats you.

Strategy: 

This plays like all the rest, the key here is having a good balance so that all FG's are feasible opponents. 

Comments:

1) Deck Size-  The small decks to me don't allow for enough important cards to have a chance against every FG.  If the uneven number bothers you, remember that there are 52 cards in a deck of playing cards!  I wanted to have 50, but it just wasn't working as well.

2) Fallen Elf is better than Faller Druid-  Elf is much more useful.  It can up your skellies in the end-game just fine, with the added benefit of making your opponent's creatures Otyugh edible... I don't get why everyone goes with the Druid.

3)  Butterfly Effect + extra Otyugh is better than Pulverizer-  I know some might disagree, but I used to play Pulzerizer and this is working much better.  Not only does this up one's chances of getting an Oty early, it allows for Permanent Destruction to continue even when Eternity is played, and (entropy quanta is less used than gravity quanta)  Oty's or skellies are the only targes for Butterfly effect, and either should be Quinted pronto if possible

4)Unupped Boneyard is better- cause its cheaper and skellies don't matter that much.

5) 2 Protect Artifacts? -  Yes.  They are a must against certain FG's (Seism, Dream Catcher), I usually will put one on Quantum Towers and one on Eternity.

6) Stall Cards-  6 Sundials is good, no reason to have less.  3 SoG and 1 Feral Bond seems to be about the right amount of healing... too many SoG's and you don't get to your other cards, and the Feral Bond allows you to take a beating late game when you have lots of creatures.  The Miracle comes in handy against most FG's, and also makes Scorpio and Divine Glory more playable...

7) Shields-  1 Bonewall, 2 Phase Shields, and 1 Permafrost has been workin well, Ideally, its phase shields early and bonewall later fed by Oty's.  Permafrost whenever it seems useful, like against Osiris, Paradox, Morte, and anyone else who has masses of creatures.

8 ) Quantum Towers and Supernovas-  This ended up being a good balance, more novas were too many, esp since the mark is time and not entropy.  Mark is time because the time cards are so essential... So yea.

9) Other-  The extra Oty is partly because of Butterfly Effect, 1 Firestorm mainly to help against Gemini's Phase Recluses and mass skellies, also to weaken stuff enough for Oty's.  I know people play 2 Firestorms or 1 and 1 Plague, but I tried those and didn't find them as useful, the 2nd firestorm wasn't worth the space it took up.  Same with a 2nd Steal, 1 is enough.

10) Things i'm not sure about-  The only thing I might add is 1 more quint.  I like to quint an oty, and also quint whoever gets butterfly effect, but that means i can't quint the fallen elf or the elite queen.  I also could be talked into changing the supernova/tower balance, or maybe another firestorm...

Enjoy!

John
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:40:49 pm by willng3 »

ninjak80

Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg64496#msg64496
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:49:11 pm »
Interesting variant... a couple quick response to some of your strategies...

1) Deck Size-  The small decks to me don't allow for enough important cards to have a chance against every FG.  If the uneven number bothers you, remember that there are 52 cards in a deck of playing cards!  I wanted to have 50, but it just wasn't working as well.
I would disagree here... if you have a limited amount of cards, you'll more often hit the "key" cards that you need for the win... namely Quintessance+Oty and either Druid + Graveyard or Queen... more cards end up slowing down your chances of getting to these cards, and results in the need for more "stall" cards, which results in even less opportunity to hit the right combination for the win.

2) Fallen Elf is better than Faller Druid-  Elf is much more useful.  It can up your skellies in the end-game just fine, with the added benefit of making your opponent's creatures Otyugh edible... I don't get why everyone goes with the Druid.
I'd have to disagree... having used both the Fallen Elf and Druid, you'll find that the Druid helps the game move along significantly.  Elf, at best, creates a 5/5 abomination that has no skills.  Druid, however, creates creatures up that have up to 15 in damage and up to 20 in health, with all sorts of various skills (blaze, growth, steal, destroy, devour, immortality, freeze, etc.)  Essentially, you're building an army of other spells you can use repeatedly... not to mention the damage is on average much higher.  You can also mutate the opponents high hp creatures and likely get them weak enough for your oty to eat up.

4)Unupped Boneyard is better- cause its cheaper and skellies don't matter that much.
Agreed.  I think this is the general consensus...

It's an interesting variant of the the rainbow decks seen here, but I won't criticize it as I haven't actually played with it yet.  Just from my general experience with the game thus far, these are my two cents thrown in...

Thanks for posting the deck though!  Would be curious as to your stats with the deck over long term testing...

jalambut

Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg64570#msg64570
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:44:20 pm »
1) I would disagree here... if you have a limited amount of cards, you'll more often hit the "key" cards that you need for the win... namely Quintessance+Oty and either Druid + Graveyard or Queen... more cards end up slowing down your chances of getting to these cards, and results in the need for more "stall" cards, which results in even less opportunity to hit the right combination for the win.

2) I'd have to disagree... having used both the Fallen Elf and Druid, you'll find that the Druid helps the game move along significantly.  Elf, at best, creates a 5/5 abomination that has no skills.  Druid, however, creates creatures up that have up to 15 in damage and up to 20 in health, with all sorts of various skills (blaze, growth, steal, destroy, devour, immortality, freeze, etc.)  Essentially, you're building an army of other spells you can use repeatedly... not to mention the damage is on average much higher.  You can also mutate the opponents high hp creatures and likely get them weak enough for your oty to eat up.
Thanks for the feedback!  I would respond:

1) In general, small decks are better early game, big decks are better late game.  That makes sense because if you make it to late game, bigger decks give you more cards, more options.  Now, the trick is, to make it that far, that's where the stall cards come in.  Hourglasses and slightly bigger decks with more healing/shields has worked better for me against FG's.  I would like the deck to be smaller, but I can't get it much smaller without losing some essential cards.  I could make it smaller and accept that I just can't play certain FG's, but the point of this deck is to have a decent chance against every FG.  Just my opinion!

2)  Bigger vs. smaller decks is just an opinion, but here I feel more confident.  Here's the breakdown on the Fallen Elf:
Abomination chance = 50%
Mutant chance = 40%
Die chance = 10%

I predominately use the elf to mutate opponents big/dangerous creatures, and so you have 60% chance of a really good effect.  Trying to do that with Druid ends up creating a 6/11 monster with steal, or something else terrible... not worth the risk.  and by the time you are mutating your own skeletons, you've usually all but won the game.  Admittedly, the game would end quicker with the Druid, but the early game elf is so useful shutting down dragons/ulitharids/pharoahs/shriekers/golems/etc., that I highly recommend it!

just my thoughts :)

John

Offline Baily18

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Baily18 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg64586#msg64586
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:54:21 pm »
Druids better than elf. If you mutate theirs into something good, Nom it with your oty. Too big, Rewind. Or you can RoF/Eat.

jalambut

Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg64620#msg64620
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »
(http://imageplay.net/view/m7Gbd61927/dark_matter_dead)

5 In a row!  Just took down Dark Matter, and I have to say that my fallen elf saved me a few times:)

Anyone else prefer elf?

John

Levgre

Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg64710#msg64710
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:44:11 am »
As far as I can tell the win % would likely not be higher than the other decks out there.  So I'm not sure if it could be called "perfected" time bow, although there may be no such thing.

jalambut

Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg64738#msg64738
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 02:26:21 am »
True, but if the goal is the highest possible win % against FG's, I think this style of deck is the best, and this deck is attempting to be the best of this style... of course I'm biased :)  a 70-75% win rate should be possible, since 67% has already been done, correct? 

i need to learn how to run the statistics thing, its all talk until there are facts to back it up.

Offline Barragor

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Barragor is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Been around for a while. Wish I could change IGN.
Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg386724#msg386724
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 12:26:58 pm »
This is from 2010 and it has butterfly effect in it? ... isn't that weird? Or am I mistaken ...
Anyway, outdated as it is... this wasn't perfect then and it sure isn't now ^^
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Jalambut's Perfected Timebow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6253.msg386830#msg386830
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 05:56:27 pm »
This is from 2010 and it has butterfly effect in it? ... isn't that weird? Or am I mistaken ...
Anyway, outdated as it is... this wasn't perfect then and it sure isn't now ^^
You are mistaken, butterfly effect came out 2 months prior to this being built.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

blarg: