*Author

Kakugane

It doesn't Matter. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17022.msg217147#msg217147
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:43:44 am »
I was trying to build the "CC? Why bother?" deck, but I unfortunately have only 1 shard of gratitude.
So looking at some of the top Upgraded FG decks, I made this. Initially it had Novas, but this deck was able to beat an FG every now and then, and also can get EM's on level 5. So I now have 6 supernova and the speed of the deck is better. Sometimes, you will draw all your supernovas and pillars first, but for the most part this a  great deck for getting EM's on AI3, and I think that it will make a great deck fully upgraded.

One thing that some of those upped FG decks DON'T do is account for things like phase shield, fire shield, carapace shield, ice shield and gravity shield.... but many of those decks try to use FFQ and Lava Golem! When you only have 3-4 creature in your deck, you can't just leave it open to be thwarted by that many contingencies. This is why I added MOMENTUM.

With 1 momentum quint golem, you get past all of those shield problems.
Antimatter should be held as long as possible, to use on the big guns
Pulverizer and Trident are included. Trident is better for when they get many pillars in the beginning.
I have 9 pillar because with only 6, gravity & earth quanta can get scares when you're destroying the field.
If flying weapon shows up early enough you can quint one weapon and use the other, and bring the cpu to a stand still.
Miracle and heal = elemental mastery
Sundial is there for bad draws and when you just need a second

I'm looking for suggestions on speed improvement, or if someone has this in fully upped version... how well odes it work?

One immediate change would be to make the Elite Queen a normal Firefly queen to make sure you have a better chance of using miracle when it shows up. Ok. I'm loving this deck. Suggestions!

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4vn 4vn 4vn 55q 55q 58v 5c2 5fa 5fa 5i9 5ia 5ia 5ic 5li 5oi 5rl 5rl 621 621 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74b 7n3 7q9 8pj
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:19:33 am by willng3 »

Offline ArtCrusade

• Reputation Power: 7
  • ArtCrusade is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Join the ArtCrusade!
Re: It doesn't Matter. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17022.msg217149#msg217149
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:54:57 am »
I'd use Empathic Bond as a substitute for Heal, because that'll do exactly the same after you play Miracle, but will also help stalling before that. Personally, I'd remove 1-2 Purifies and add another Otyugh or more Sundials (1 is not effective).
My art:         deviantArt
My poetry:    Writing.com

Kakugane

Re: It doesn't Matter. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17022.msg217163#msg217163
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:20:37 am »
I haven't had much reason to use heal other than at the very end to get mastery. The Antimatter replace Empathic bond. Emphatic requires 6 life quanta and multiple creatures to be effective. Usually this deck wins because of the golem. The Elite queen rarely has more than 3 fireflies out.

Thanks for the Oty idea. I will add another upped one when I can, and remove 1 purify.
Ah. I jut realized what you meant by having the empathic. It only needs to heal 1 damage after I use miracle. Thanks.

TENSUKI

Re: It doesn't Matter. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17022.msg217182#msg217182
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 11:50:53 am »
I was trying to build the "CC? Why bother?" deck, but I unfortunately have only 1 shard of gratitude.
So looking at some of the top Upgraded FG decks, I made this. Initially it had Novas, but this deck was able to beat an FG every now and then, and also can get EM's on level 5. So I now have 6 supernova and the speed of the deck is better. Sometimes, you will draw all your supernovas and pillars first, but for the most part this a  great deck for getting EM's on AI3, and I think that it will make a great deck fully upgraded.

One thing that some of those upped FG decks DON'T do is account for things like phase shield, fire shield, carapace shield, ice shield and gravity shield.... but many of those decks try to use FFQ and Lava Golem! When you only have 3-4 creature in your deck, you can't just leave it open to be thwarted by that many contingencies. This is why I added MOMENTUM.

With 1 momentum quint golem, you get past all of those shield problems.
Antimatter should be held as long as possible, to use on the big guns
Pulverizer and Trident are included. Trident is better for when they get many pillars in the beginning.
I have 9 pillar because with only 6, gravity & earth quanta can get scares when you're destroying the field.
If flying weapon shows up early enough you can quint one weapon and use the other, and bring the cpu to a stand still.
Miracle and heal = elemental mastery
Sundial is there for bad draws and when you just need a second

I'm looking for suggestions on speed improvement, or if someone has this in fully upped version... how well odes it work?

One immediate change would be to make the Elite Queen a normal Firefly queen to make sure you have a better chance of using miracle when it shows up. Ok. I'm loving this deck. Suggestions!

Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4vn 4vn 4vn 55q 55q 58v 5c2 5fa 5fa 5i9 5ia 5ia 5ic 5li 5oi 5rl 5rl 621 621 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74b 7n3 7q9
1. I found Purify to be very circumstantial and slows down a deck by having more than one when you already have increased drawing speed.

2. All cards except Sundial would be better if used upgraded.

3. Upgraded FFQ is used to generate Elite Fireflys. The main reason why you need the upgraded FFQ is because Elite Fireflys generate  :fire quanta which aides in getting Lava Golems out if you just seem to be short on Fire quanta.

4. Momentum can be replaced with an upgraded Pulverizer, as Pulverizer is able to take in account for not only shields, but most permanents. The exception would be reduced (1) damage shields and Jade Shield. Neither pose a game changing threat if you've got the stronghold. However, having Momentum with (2) Pulverizers can be a wondrous combo.

5. The reason why Jade Shield is used is for the Decay and Octane FG's. Neither can attack your life directly and have little reason to kill your creatures or you. Most resulting in a win because of Jade Shields presence.

6. I'm not sure how using an unupgraded FFQ would make Miracle easier to use when it shows up.

7. If you don't have another Pulvy, I'd recommend using holding onto an Explosion. It'll take care of a pesky shield or annoying weapon when the time comes around.

anything
blarg: