*Author

Offline DmTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463564#msg463564
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:28:52 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
61p 61p 61p 61p 61t 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7di 7di 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7ds 7ds 7ds 7n9 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 808 808 80i 8pj

I'm doing an awful lot of rainbows. This is barely a rainbow - 5 elements.

Well, on to the deck itself. I was thinking about Kartis so I was messing with Fractix and decided to Sky Blitz it. Bringing the root from the Instosis supernova, I decided that some drawing power was needed. In came the Hourglass and the Dials. The dials were un-upped at first, not to mess with the mulligan, but I quickly noticed that even with the Cremation Boost (Surprise - Cremation and SNova both give rainbow quanta. Yeaah! :P) it was hard to keep up with the Hourglass cost, so I upgraded them. In case I failed to draw a SNova in time, I started out with Ray of Lights.

However, I wanted to OTK, which just wasn't happening with the deck as it was. (4 RoL and 3 MP's, one fractal.) Many times I died for not drawing the next Sundial. I had a Wind Tower and a extra Aether Tower than this version. Confident in that many Aether Towers, in came the Dim Shield.

I changed the RoLs for Sparks, for extra Sky Blitz damage. Realizing that I'd draw through my deck much faster now, I changed the wind tower for a Ruby Dragon, which was more potential damage. Changing one Aether Tower for another Ruby Dragon was a tricky choice, but I decided that it was worth it. I often found myself with a amazing excess of fire quanta, so the dragon wouldn't be bad.

That did it. Playing a MP and Cremating it over and over again turning it into a ash is the ideal way to go, but Cremating those Sparks isn't bad at all, since you can OTK without them. Sometimes it's not really a OTK since you might get a damage here and there, but most of the time it is.. in a example that you'll probably see a lot, mostly at the end of the game with enough quanta for fractal and skyblitz.

Play (You did this normally) and Cremate all the Sparks. Play and cremate a Minor Phoenix. (8 Fire Quanta * 4 = 32, -2 = 30 +8 = 38. Assuming you played all Supernovas, +8 = 46.)

Next turn, (You'll be drawing and bla bla but I'm not taking that into the example since it's a lot of stuff that you'll do automatically) - Get the Minor Phoenix back to life (45 fire quanta). Play the 2 Minor Phoenixes you have in hand, most likely, and the 2 Ruby Dragons. (24+4=28. 45-28 = 17 fire quanta.) Fractal and play all the Minor Phoenixes you have in hand. (Depending if you're going to draw a skyblitz or if you have it already. If you don't have it, 8 MP's = 16 fire quanta paying. 7 = 14. I'm going with the bare minimum which is 7 here.)

Assuming 3 Minor Phoenixes in table before fractal, +2 Ruby Dragons = 15+15+4+4+4 attack. (42.) After fractaling 7 Minor Phoenixes, 4*7 , 28. 42+28 = 70. Sky Blitz, and ta-da! 140 Damage in one turn. 8 more if you played the last Minor Phoenix (Empty hand.)

I dunno why I did this, but I find it fun and interesting. I assume it works on PVP2, though I haven't tried.

Please Comment, or simply thank you for reading!

Offline burpcow

• Reputation Power: 5
  • burpcow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • the duck has struck
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463568#msg463568
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:48:37 pm »
Wow, great idea.  I would add in some explosions to take care of those pesky shields, and maybe another spark instead of that dimensional shield;  you'll be starved of aether quanta.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463569#msg463569
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:51:08 pm »
Looks a good idea, but needs moar stall. If not, it will get outrushed before you can build your hand and quanta.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline DmTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463572#msg463572
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:54:58 pm »
Wow, great idea.  I would add in some explosions to take care of those pesky shields, and maybe another spark instead of that dimensional shield;  you'll be starved of aether quanta.
Thanks! ^^

Some of the pesky shields are a problem, specially bonewall, and the h4x shields. Most others are passable, even the Damage Reduction ones. The most annoying one would be Hope, and instead of a explosion I'm thinking of adding a chimera, although I have no idea what to take off for it.

As for the aether quanta, I thought I'd be starved, but most of the time I'm not and generally end up with ~20 aether quanta to fractal, even without playing Dims. I'd change the Dim for a Spark, since it's a possible modification, but the amount of times that Dim has saved my butt are too many for me to give up on it just yet.

Although I haven't said in the opening post, Minor Phoenix isn't the only way to OTK, Sparks work too. Oh, sparks are un-upped because I'm poor and don't have the money to up them. If you do have them upped, go ahead and make them BL's. That will only make the combo easier to pull off, most of the time, and will give more interesting OTK times.

Looks a good idea, but needs moar stall. If not, it will get outrushed before you can build your hand and quanta.
OhaithereOTKman.

It needs a bit more stalling, but a general strategy is to let yourself get hit initially and put down the dials once you're getting in the danger zone. And then draw, draw, draw. That lack of a bit of stalling is why I refuse to give out on the Dims, even though it might be more interesting without it.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463586#msg463586
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 12:46:00 am »
If the oponent steals your late dim shield you are in a trouble, so hope you get it soon! lol.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463705#msg463705
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:03 am »
Just wondering: what's that sole hourglass doing in there?

As 1 card you can't really depend on it... Maybe precognition would be better?

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463707#msg463707
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:42:18 am »
Drawing 1 hourglass is better than drawing 1 precognition. That's why.

Offline DmTopic starter

• Legendary Member
Re: Everyday I'm.. Blitzing. (Minor Phoenix OTK) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36911.msg463800#msg463800
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:25:07 pm »
Just wondering: what's that sole hourglass doing in there?

As 1 card you can't really depend on it... Maybe precognition would be better?
The difference of drawing power between a Precog and Electrum Hourglass is laughable. In a card combo like this, draw is as much needed as possible.

If the oponent steals your late dim shield you are in a trouble, so hope you get it soon! lol.
Well, if you can find something better than the Dim Shield, I'll gladly take it in. I don't want to ruin the >100 HP combo because it actually kills some of the silver with no PC.

anything
blarg: Dm1321