*Author

Offline JangooTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg15948#msg15948
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:24:33 pm »
Sick and tired of the same old rainbow just to not draw that Oty or Firestorm?
Cant stand to see your Bonewall crumble and your electrum coins literally exploded by an AI more versatile than ever?

Well, here is the Anti-crittical-FG-farming-Poison deck as in:

- totally "anti critters" on your side and certainly on the FGs side
- totally not opting for dmg-heights when a slow and deadly poising will do just fine
- totally designed to own a row of FGs: Show them wannabes good!

I tested it in the trainer in about a hundred games and it seems to work at least as good as the classic rainbow-build. The learning curve is steep though and profound knowledge of the FGs behavior is required. I would appreciate comments and statistical backup (after some 10 games to get used to it that should be).

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5od 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 718 718 718 718 718 77i 77i 77i 7gp 7gp 7q8 7q8 8pj

General deck idea

The main asset of most FGs are their terribly fast creatures as well as a series of creature control cards and -skills.
This deck attempts to recruit the best of your enemies creatures for you while not at all being vulnerable to counters by simply being creatureless.
The recently added scary permanent-targeting skills of the AI are countered by relying on just 3 permanent slots, all of which will be protected.

Composition

* Antimatter (6): Your main defence. You will try and balance the dmg you take from the enemy creatures by casting AM on the most powerful of its creatures. The good thing about this is: The more crushing the dragon it casts is, the better for you.

* Deadly Poison (4-6): Your main offence. You can survive until all Eternity (!) with this deck, so you dont have to worry about having to put some 80+ dmg on the table: A total of 15 poison damage (5 poisons) will bring down the very most FGs within 13 turns ... in pratice you will take some time to build it up and bring the god down by turn ~23.

* Permafrost Shield (2): Your secondary defense. Slices a nice 2 dmg off any attacking enemy creature you havent convinced to work for you yet.
If you get lucky they will even freeze and thus give you all the time you need to get them on your side.

* Eternity (2): Your Joker. Eternity is invaluable for this deck. It will send back any creature you are not ready to cope with yet and any growing creatures that have gotten out of hand. Also, you will be able to sit and wait till all Eternity and never deck out with it.

* Protect Artifact (3-4): Your fortress. Learn about the gods behaviors and find out when to cast PA on your pillars, your shield or weapon. Since you have two of the latter you can oftentimes afford to play anything unprotected if you got an unlucky draw. Ideally, everything you have and need will be protected when played out. (works more often than one might think)

* Dragonfly (1): Your minion. Mainly there for avoiding deck-out: Play and rewind over and over when only having one card left in the deck. With some gods it can also be played early for some extra "dmg".

* Quantum Pillars (12-14): The motor. 13 pillars will statistically give you 3 time-quantums every turn, theoretically enabling you to rewind that Dragonfly forever.

The Gods

impossible

Divine Glory: Well, its Divine Glory. Untargetable creatures will totally blow your strategy unless it gets the worst draw ever and you get to play your Poisons really early.

odd

FireQueen + Ferox: These two gods have Feral Bonds and a vast army to power them. You will never win with the poison dmg you have so just abort the game immediately or try and deck them out in a very long game.

Miracle: Technically, Miracle is really easy with this deck. The problem is that you will have to plow through some 1000 HP with only 15 poison and 2 dmg from Eternity. Sit through that if you want or just abort the game.

Scorpio: Permafrost-Shield will block most of the damage its creatures deal out. Antimatter his Abysscrawlers and a couple Ulitarys to counter the poison dmg. Poison would eventually kill you but due to the "poison-healback-bug" Scorpio is currently almost a guaranteed win as long as you have more regular healback than its remaining creature dmg that gets through your shield.
Scorpios "purify" can either be dealt with by holding a couple poisons or you just wait out the last HPs by killing it with 2dmg from Eternity.

hard

Hermes: Hermes mostly just throws too many Destroyers and Fire-Spectres on the table for you to recover. If you do manage to balance the damage, oftentimes he will just kill you off with a fire-lance. Let his Destroyers/Spectres grow for a couple turns, then Antimatter them, giving you some 5-6 turns per creature until they get back into the positive dmg again. Pray for an early Eternity and enough time-quanta to send back any grower that has gotten too large. If Hermes plays early Ruby-Drags you are well on your way.

Rainbow: Similar to Hermes, the growing feature and casting speed of its creatures is a problem. Depending on if you have Eternity ready early, either Antimatter his Forest Spectres when they have grown a bit or stick to a solid Werewolf + Shrieker base giving you a base ~32 heal while sending back the spectres with Eternity.

medium

Seism: You will need a bit of luck with the protect artifacts (and earth quantum generation) in the beginning to save your pillars. Once you do have them protected within the first 5 turns you are pretty much settled. Antimatter any Shrieker before they burrow and save 2-3 AMs for the dragons that usually come out a bit later.

Gemini: As usual either too harsh to beat or quite easy. Antimatter a couple of the early Recluses, then Antimatter or send back any massive dragon he plays out. If you get lucky he will even PU his AMed dragons for you. Sometimes you can also stall him down because his gravity quantum supply doesnt suffice to replay all the dragons you send him back.

Graviton: Possibly even "hard". Similar to Hermes and Rainbow balance your dmg-intake by AMing some of the grown Firemasters and sending back any that have grown to kill size. The chargers are actually the best bet for AMing once you have your Eternity ready.

Chaos Lord: Mutation is a problem here because he will keep mutating those hardhitters you just AMed. Focus on the Werewolfs, the Ameth. Dragons and hope to get lucky with your Shield and Eternity.

Incarnate: Havent played him often but lost every game. Waiting for an eclipse than AMing his vampires should do the job but then again I couldn't quite figure out whether an AMed Vampire still heals back his owner. ??
EDIT: Vampires should actually deal dmg to their owner, so Incarnate must be a piece of cake. Thx for the info Faqop.

easy

Destiny: While being really easy in itself, Destiny will oftentimes mutate and rewind its own creatures thus robbing you of your heal-back army. Chaospowered Druids are a decent and permanent target for your AMs while Eternity will send back all those hot creatures it got through fate-eggs and mutations but will never be able to play out again.

Obliterator: You need some luck with your protect artifacts because he will mostly get his pulvy early. Even if he does destroy something you will mostly own him because he only has stable and hard hitting creatures: AM a couple Shriekers and save at least 4 Antimatters for the dragons.

Morte: Can be troublesome when his poison gets out fast. Generally, Morte just wont get going with his Bonewalls, Skelli-Army and Condors (send back) and you will be able to stay save by AMing some Archangels and as many dragons as possible. Here also, "the poison-healback-bug" will just about guarantee your win for the moment.

Modifications

Dissipation Fields: The orginial version of this deck had two Diss-Fields and 15 pillars.
Here you will we hard-pressed for balancing the dmg until you reach a certain breakpoint where the dmg intake can foreseeably be coped with by your quantum supply ... only then (or when you have already played all your AMs and Poisons) can you afford to play the shield.
Adding just one Diss-Field to the deck on the other hand can be your gateway to elemental masteries in the very endgame.

Grav-Shields: Using two grav-shields instead of Permafrost will throw this decks logic upside down: The big hitters will be mostly ignored while you try to AM the hardest hitting small creatures below 6HP. Careful with Gemini, Graviton, Obliterator ... : Momentumed dragons/firemasters will kill you. I havent tried it extensively but it doesnt seem to work out too well and causes even further trouble with growing creatures. It could also be the ultimate challenge with this type of deck to balance dragons VS smaller creatures with momentum in the back of ones mind. 

Procrastination: While the freezing effect of Permafrost is invaluable (especially against growing creatures), this shield will give you a more reliable stall-effect. Unfortunately it costs time quanta and thus is in conflict with Eternity. Dusk-Mantle is also an option.

Aflatoxin: Currently,the AI can and will counter any malignant cell on its board with just about anything (deflag, pulvy, pillars, grandmothers ...). Once this bug gets resolved, clogging up the enemy board with cells and leaving it with just your 6 loyal heal-backers might just be the ideal addition to the deck.

Aether critters, Adrenaline: I tried a variety of additions but mostly ended up not drawing my Antimatter, Shield or Eternity when I really needed it. Possibly a single Immortal or Adrenaline for some extra dmg/healback could be a nice addition to the deck.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:02:55 pm by willng3 »

Offline Getawu2

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Getawu2 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg15956#msg15956
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:12:21 pm »
Why do you suggest focusing on the Werewolf against Chaos Lord?

Nevertheless a cool idea and a quite different Anti-FG-God - I'll give it a try whenever I'm tired of my Otyughs ;)

• New to You
Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg15966#msg15966
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:22 pm »

I experienced that ChaosLord keeps mutating anything that isn't a standard card in his deck more likely for some reason.
It's either that Destiny and ChaosLord seem to be able to recognize negative dmg as such and try to get rid of it (where Gemini will blindly PU those juicy -9/30 momentumed dragons), or it is just a standard feature in the code that those two mutate critters ... *shrug

4 Werewolfs AMed after Lycanthropy give you a decent base 24 healing and will stick around for some reason.
Unfortunately, ChaosLord doesn't Chaospower his Druids as much as Destiny:
AMing those guys not only heals you for 5-8 HPs per turn but also hits one of their main asset, so if they got rid of it the mutating fest would be pretty much over.  :P

Faqop

Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg15977#msg15977
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:40:17 pm »
Incarnate: Havent played him often but lost every game. Waiting for an eclipse than AMing his vampires should do the job but then again I couldn't quite figure out whether an AMed Vampire still heals back his owner. ??
I tried a modified version of this, a mostly unupgraded (only the dissipation field) just for testing the vampires.
18 pillars, 6 antimatters, 3 enchants, a dragonfly, an eternity and an dissipation field.

Played against Incarnate and was able to get my shield up and enchant a vampire to see what happens.

Two interesting things that may be bugs in the coding depending on how you look at it.
1.) Creatures with vampire who are hit with antimatter actually do damage to the owners.
2.) When nightfall is played if a creature has -4 attack it will have -2 attack.

Cryptoid

Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg15983#msg15983
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »
Good deck Jangoo .... I swapped out the damselfly for elite deja vu so i could split it and reverse time it . Physalia could also be good for extra poison.

This shows promise for me and i will test further.  :)

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg16025#msg16025
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 04:14:00 am »
The real problem with Rainbow isn't his growing creatures, it's that the new AI won't hesitate to spam Steals and Explosions at your Towers until you've got no quanta production at all.  Three Protects just isn't quite enough to get them out fast enough when you have to balance between threats to all three of your permanent slots.  :(
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Tigerente

Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg16055#msg16055
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 12:56:47 pm »
Maybe Diamond Shield is the best for you, as it prevents 3 damage, effectively canceling all all small creatures and later adding an Aflatoxin as soon as the bug is fixed?

• New to You
Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg16058#msg16058
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 01:54:00 pm »

Ok, I actually made the deck ingame (and not in the trainer so spending a large wad of coins on it) and so far the dissappointment is huge.  :'(

Some 25 games isn't quite enough yet to be all specific about things but:

- generally, all the gods seem even faster and more versatile than in the trainer
(I thought the trainer had been updated?)
- Destiny and Chaos Lord mutate the heal-backers more aggressively which doesn't leave much room to beat them really
- the order of attackers seems to play a critical role in the actual game:
if you receive dmg from the first few attackers and get down to 0 HP, it seems that no armada of healback dragons that would attack after that can save you. In the trainer I had the impression that any creature was given a chance to play their role before it is decided that you are down
- this also implies that there is no "poison-healback-bug" in the actual game: Scorpio will most likely own you now
- the FGs have increased variety of cards, e.g. did I see right that Hermes has got RagePotion now and will use it on the AMed Destroyer to kill it off?
- I seem to be terribly unlucky:
I never draw the right cards when I need them ... waiting for my shield or weapon until all Eternity is a rule of thumb, not receiving the right quanta to play my cards must be taken for granted

Now I dont know if I just had an incredibly lucky streak that night in the trainer or an incredibly unlucky streak yesterday. Also, I lost a couple games because 2 Antimatters arent upgraded yet and I was simply lacking those 2 extra entropy-quants ...

Maybe the deck just wont cut it after all, maybe it still needs some more improvement:

- Yes, I was thinking about diamond shields too ... I should give it a shot once I can afford them. *sigh

- Adding another Protect Artifact was what I had originally ... it worked well but kind of compromised the decks preformance with any god that simply cant explode your permanents: dead weight.

- I also slimmed down to 4 Poison cards because they are really not needed in large amounts to win, just to win faster.

- I would sure love to add just another shield to actually really draw it when needed but I can see it coming: 3 shields in the hand and no Antimatter for 8 turns ... *sigh again

Well, guess I will blow some more money on trying this out ... 4 gods isn't enough to actually use the deck but Seism, Obliterator, Morte and Gemini definately work out fine.

breach

Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg16664#msg16664
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:58:29 am »
I love this deck.
I've expanded it to 40 cards, carrying some draw power and also Gratitude shards, and it works fine for me.
It still is suicide to some of the Gods (Fire Queen for example) but I'm working around that as well.
it is dreadfully slow though so for damage I've also added Arsenic.

Buzz4rd

Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg16666#msg16666
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 12:44:27 pm »
i try an antimatter rainbow fg deck too, very different to yours but still antimatter based.
queen is easy if you use fire shield. and fire shield is very useful against many other gods if you got enough healing.

• New to You
Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg16803#msg16803
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 09:00:08 pm »

I love this deck.
I've expanded it to 40 cards, carrying some draw power and also Gratitude shards, and it works fine for me.
It still is suicide to some of the Gods (Fire Queen for example) but I'm working around that as well.
it is dreadfully slow though so for damage I've also added Arsenic.
So you are saying this deck actually works for you against FGs when modified breach?
Can you give an estimate of your win-percentage?

i try an antimatter rainbow fg deck too, very different to yours but still antimatter based.
queen is easy if you use fire shield. and fire shield is very useful against many other gods if you got enough healing.
Care to share that deck Buzz4rd?  ;)

Buzz4rd

Re: Anti-crittical-Jangoo-Poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1836.msg16849#msg16849
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »
Care to share that deck Buzz4rd?
i am still testing and balancing and when i am done i will probably still not share it:p

but it is based on the double edge idea i posted in duo decks. you can try around with that.

anything
blarg: