*Author

Terrilocks

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg348458#msg348458
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 01:12:52 pm »
Fire nymph does indeed sound good for CC, however won't it already conflict with Lava Destroyers? That'd be my main worry.

I imagine your green nymph is probably more useful for antimatter heal spam and firefly attacks.

I suppose you could replace (at least one) lava destroyer with Life growing creatures to free up the space for your fire nymph.

The more I think about it, the more I want a fire nymph!

Give it a try!

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg349420#msg349420
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2011, 04:51:28 am »
Some info - Lionheart loves endowing pulvies. I never saw him endow eternity if i had an unprotected pulvie out.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Terrilocks

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg349908#msg349908
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 06:15:15 am »
Not always - he's been fairly hit and miss with me in that regard.

You either need to enchant the pulvy or just wait until his field is full before playing it.

He's also another of the reasons I have a gravity shield as after endowing, none of his creatures get any attacks through; he's like Osiris before Catapults. He can still pump out a few Scarabs if he has the space but that means his max damage is 15+weapon before they too get pwnt by the grav shield.

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg350804#msg350804
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 10:17:55 pm »
Just wondering what people think of about the Nymph CCYB vs. the CCYB in the original post. Because a Nymph with a repeatable costless ability might sound good on paper, but I'm imagining three cards required for the combo (Nymph, SoR, Quint), and sometimes the one turn you need to wait before you use the ability can slow you down critically. Which is "better" (more consistent wins)? The one with Nymphs or the one with Spells?

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg350808#msg350808
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 10:30:14 pm »
In my experience, one played AM is often enough to win with CCYB due to usually fast offense. In other words, you're better off using Nymphs in a slower deck than CCYB. If you do wanna give CCYB more stall, you still need several copies of the Nymphs (Purple, to be specific), in order to draw it fast enough consistently. SoR isn't worth the card space, even if it speeds up the Nymph usage. It's smarter to aim for either speed or stall, not in between, and especially not lose card advantage in either case.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Terrilocks

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg351040#msg351040
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2011, 08:40:40 am »
On the other hand, I have played a good few games where if I didn't have spammable antimatter, I most likely would have lost.

It is true, there are games where a cheaper spell rather than a nymph would have tipped the balance, but it is equally true that once it's out, you're practically guaranteed to win and normally with an EM too. The entropy nymph also improves your chance versus a couple of other gods where the spells might be easily counteracted.

Long story short, I think 'consistent wins' are about the same: CCYB beats fewer gods faster, whilst nymphs make a few more easier but also make the early game a little harder. To be honest, I'm use nymphs now because it makes the grind a bit more interesting! :P

frisbee1989

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg351438#msg351438
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2011, 10:34:45 pm »
Thanks for the mod and the guide. I love the version in the OP. One thing you can add to the guide for Lionheart, if you have a slow start and are going the deckout route, you can quint the creatures you antimatter that way he can't rewind them, making the last 5 rounds easier to handle. Same thing for jezebelle if she manages to get an entropy nymph before you can PA her towers.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg351753#msg351753
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »
I agree but just a precision it's the last 3 rounds which are hard cuz FG draw 2 cards each turns
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Opsinis

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg352608#msg352608
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2011, 06:25:16 am »
I read the first couple posts in this thread, but I haven't the time to read the entire thing, so if this has been said, sorry.

It was said that another shield could be used. I thought the Skull Shield would be terrific. In this deck, death quantum isn't used, although those who use aflatoxin do use death. The buckler would also help with CC (I know it is CCYB, but permafrost isn't counted, and I don't want to plunge into a huge discussion on what is and isn't CC)--or, I reduction of damage, which could be considered "healing."

That's just my thought.

tttt

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg352641#msg352641
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2011, 08:54:24 am »
Opsinis - skull buckler is kinda crappy. If you want a cheap shield you should use Fog. The proc rate of the bucklers is too little.
frisbee1989 & ralouf1 - I meant that the last *5* cards of the fight were tough, which is not 5 rounds with the FGs draw rate :] If you're going for the deckout, Quintining the AMed creatures is reasonable.
On the nymph thing - if you want overall consistency, you want 2 copies of the card in the deck. Which means 2 nymphs (entropy ones). So you get a dead card there. I like the 3 AM variant, I have  an entropy nymph but I don't think I'll ever use it.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg352643#msg352643
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2011, 09:00:39 am »
Skull Shield is a decent option in a timebow with lots of healing and hard CC (Oty reduces damage taken, Firestorm lowers HP to increase its success), but CCYB is too aggressive in my experience.

Afla is decent though, but my experience is that it mostly raises winrate against easy FG's at the expense of making it less reliable overall (due to being fatter). I.e. not quite worth it.

I've also tried Dusk and Fog with little success. The reason for this is that if you get set up with AM's and Perma, you will likely win most matches. If you don't, Fog or Dusk isn't going to give you enough time to get there due to how the FG's damage ramps up over time.

As for the name of CCYB, it basically just comments on the lack of hard CC. AM is one of the top CC cards, after all x)
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Malao

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Malao is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What to put here...
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg352669#msg352669
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2011, 10:37:33 am »
Hey tttt why is darkness not included in the deck?? and also whats the minimum for me to have upped to use this deck effectively against FGs

blarg: