*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Flare(1) Corrum(1) teffy(1) MaxMilen(1) Bender74d(1) venumuse(1) Cisco(1) RavingRabbid(1) petterud(1) TheoCT(1) sSethia(1) Jumbalumba(1) guolin(1) mutantkickass(1) giversgivealot(1) Suguri(1) 7wavemaster(1) Mntoothpick(1) Amilir(1) wavedash(1) ratchetspyro94(1) vrt(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) chum3(1) dragono(1) Blues(1) drogana(1) TStar(1) cyanspirit(1) Astrocyte(1) Deamon19(1) Dwerg(1) dracomageat(1) Kickpuncher(1) Gorthos(1) Elusion(1) Mithcairion(1) ffun(1) Bhlewos(1) ArcanisX(1) rgurgelles1(1) The_Mormegil(1) benthewolf1(1) Djhopper :)(1) willng3(1) xdude(1) aceben3(1) nilsieboy(1) Odii Odsen(1) Xenocidius(1) bjessee(1) Hawfrey1337(1) AnnaMall(1) Fosius(1) Laxadarap(1) treebeard xiii(1) rogerluc(1) yee(1) whatifidogetcaught?(1) Zso_Zso(1) bombzero(1) Embrada(1) Theboss1248(1) Shantu(1) zer0 tolerance(1) Scaramanga(1) Robsta43(1) Treldon(1) kirbylover314(1) tereret(1) Ryli(1) Lunaris(1) Linkcat(1) RapidStar_(1) igor135(1) bashingbash(1) DarthVarda(1) TribalTrouble(1) kaempfer13(1) zack111496(1) InsignificantWeeaboo(1) HearthstonePro(1) ji412jo(1) MasterWalks(1) Antagon(2) Svenningen(2) the dictator(2) smuglapse(2) nkedwards90(2) xonepartlost(2) mafidufa(2) the Sage(2) Rodrigofix(2) Demut(2) Jocko(2) Sevs(2) bogtro(2) Misfire(2) drolly(2) justaburd(2) Annele(2) regen2k9(2) blueberrymania(2) Vindilos(2) kisking11(2) CuCN(2) w4sh1ng7on(2) Fippe94(2) benoit(2) Levgre(3) jheamay(3) Troh(3) edunavas(3) Brion(3) majofa(3) AngelMusti(3) inthisroom(3) Aves(3) glennfoo(3) iancudorinmarian(3) blarp(3) mega plini(3) andretimpa(3) theelkspeaks(3) Solaris(3) worldwideweb3(3) Manuel(3) moehrpi(3) PlayerOa(3) Belthazar666(4) PuppyChow(4) melzardust(4) tyranim(4) jmizzle7(4) Dragoon1140(4) kobisjeruk(4) ~Napalm(4) kev(4) Jangoo(4) scauduro221095(4) pikachufan2164(4) Absol(4) Spielkind(4) Ginyu(4) Zawadx(4) jonathancrazyj(4) MeowMeowCat(4) icecoldbro(5) Demagog(5) furballdn(5) ARTHANASIOS(5) Blacksmith(5) dawn to dusk(5) serprex(5) plastiqe(6) killsdazombies(6) AppAwesome(6) bucky1andonly(6) kirchj33(6) Jenkar(6) MatrimKK(7) n00b(7) Anothebrother(8) Onizuka(8) Cheesy111(8) rob77dp(8) CactusKing(8) Rastafla(9) jippy99(9) calindu(9) deuce22(9) Marsu(9) Vineroz(9) DANIEELA(9) Jen-i(10) Vangelios(11) ddevans96(12) TheonlyrealBeef(13) Dm1321(13) RootRanger(15) Scaredgirl(16) Wyand(16) Submachine(17) Sir Valimont(22) Higurashi(34) dragonsdemesne(48)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg313416#msg313416
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2011, 02:36:58 am »

Two things everyone have to be prepared for in a tournament: adapting to how much time other people have and finish the round in time while taking that into consideration. Secondly, connections dropping anywhere between you, the servers and your opponent. This can drag out rounds like nothing else and leaves us with no choice but to coinflip most of the time. Especially since we have a lot of other things to tend to, we can't make rulings on ambiguous duels.
Yeah, next time I'll probably have to make a faster deck, if I can gather the cards for it.  I heard in the chat that apparently upgraded cards are only allowed once a month, so I should be able to gather whatever I need for it if I don't already have it, if next time is unupgraded again like on the 9th.

and you can't afford to take it too seriously.
I think that's what annoyed me the most; I just don't see why it was such a big deal that my opponent had to lie about having jade dragons in play.  It didn't make sense, since in the 23 turns of the game, he never got even one, and he could have easily played one if he had by then, and there was no reason not to play it if he'd had one.  Even if six of the seven cards remaining in his deck were jade dragons (extremely unlikely but possible) my bone wall alone was already big enough from firestorming his rays of light to hold off six turns of hits, and the seventh would have partially gotten through.  We'd sent a few messages back and forth, so I know he was there for the whole game, and he never timed out on any previous turns, so the AI never took over until the red bar on the screenshot expired.  (one turn he said something like 'did i just mitosis a ray of light twice?' and I replied 'not sure, but I have firestorm so it doesn't matter', for example; pretty sure the AI doesn't talk to me :p)

cyanspirit

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg321012#msg321012
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2011, 06:43:45 am »
can't we like, move the tourney 3 hours earlier or perhaps change the day it's held on every week e.g. 1st week monday 2nd week Tuesday. etc.

but if it's held on weekdays plz hold it after we students finish school or something..... I know it is hard as times are different all over the world but holding the Eastern tournament on a saturday
(where im occupied with lessons).... I just can't join tournaments.

I havent joined a single tournament yet but my friend says its fun....

plz read and consider.
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg321224#msg321224
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2011, 04:49:41 pm »
They do change the times slightly each time by a few hours (though I'm speaking only from 3 weeks of tournament experience) but yeah, all the ones I've seen have been on Saturdays.

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg332101#msg332101
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2011, 09:45:31 am »
All tournaments are on Saturday. Eastern 12 hours before Western. The tournaments normally shift an hour or 2 each week, but i dont know what the set times are, i just see when i have to join them

Astrocyte

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg332173#msg332173
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2011, 01:16:20 pm »
The tournaments normally shit an hour or 2 each week, but i dont know what the set times are, i just see when i have to join them
Need more fiber in your diet, yo.

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg332506#msg332506
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2011, 11:43:03 pm »
The tournaments normally shit an hour or 2 each week, but i dont know what the set times are, i just see when i have to join them
Need more fiber in your diet, yo.
Lol i missed the 'f' ive added it now.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg332900#msg332900
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2011, 05:43:29 pm »
All tournaments are on Saturday. Eastern 12 hours before Western. The tournaments normally shift an hour or 2 each week, but i dont know what the set times are, i just see when i have to join them
We're on a rotation schedule. 18-20 PM GMT Western and 6-8 AM GMT Eastern. You can find the time in every single tournament thread that's put up.
And I vaguely remember a post that SG did. Can't find it now..

Deamon19

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg356399#msg356399
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2011, 09:20:30 am »
First of June 25 this past tournment i was cheated matches need go asap but if chat is being used and the ones in charge dont give warnings like in this case people might ignore chat to stay fouces and end game asap and thats what i did i winded up being winner and was toasted from second round cause chat wasnt followed by the rules of nothen off topic on main chat no warnings given meaning as far as i know i was cheated out of first place i wont demand but i am asking somethen be done i have the hole chat in my documents not 1 single warning was given so do somethen please.

Offline Dwerg

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Dwerg is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • A fool sees not the same tree a wise man sees
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg358493#msg358493
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2011, 12:58:21 am »
I was there, Deamon19  was disqualified on a coin toss cause Torb asked for their results in chat and no one answered(apparently they were having the matchs).
But that was cause they were taking too long, so I guess that's not a real prob since it's in the rules that if you take too long, a coin toss will be made.
He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg365034#msg365034
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »
I'm not happy with the times either as staying up past midnight on a weekly basis doesn't exactly do me any good but I can understand that my needs may not match those of the general populace on this matter.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg373733#msg373733
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2011, 07:14:13 pm »
In today's tournament, I found that there was very little, if any, metagame. In a tournamnet without a metagame, there is one best deck that can win more than 50% of the time against every possible deck.
Rulesets like this usually aren't a problem; they allow good deckbuilders to not have to worry about prediction and instead win by having a stronger or more optimized deck. Unfortunately, in these tournaments, deck-copying can be a major problem.

In a tournament with a distinct metagame, if the opponent copies your deck after Game 1, you can prepare and counter it. This isn't the case in a tournament with a small or no metagame. In a tournament without a clear metagame, if the opponent copies your deck after Game 1, there is no way to counter them if you were using the best deck in Game 1, which is clearly the best strategy. Games 2 and 3 will be purely luck. I don't think tournaments should involve pure luck for Game 2 and 3.

In tournaments without a metagame, or with a very small metagame, I think deck switching should not be allowed. This would cause these tournaments to be mostly deckbuilding skill with some luck involved, instead of mostly luck with some deckbuilding skill involed. Besides, there isn't any need for the best players to switch decks if one deck can beat everything else more than 50% of the time.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Kickpuncher

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg373761#msg373761
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »
I didn't like today's tournament, it felt like there was no counter for some decks.  I am happy to be disagreed with, however.

Connor

anything
blarg: