*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Kuroaitou(1) Taparu(1) AlainJohns(1) 991woot119(1) popminikee(1) Memorystick(1) Jappert(1) TheCrazyMango(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) coinich(1) YawnChainHow(1) Chromatophore(1) willng3(1) Seraph(1) Genuinous(1) kev(1) Pineapple(1) gumbeh(1) bogtro(1) agentflare(1) Legit(1) Tuff726(1) vrt(1) Noobiecakes(1) Cannibal7(1) Jocko(1) BumbleSting(1) Dragoon(1) Tiko(1) gomorycut(1) Pella(1) inthisroom(1) Atom_heart(1) godmatrix(1) Paddoo(1) xyan(1) ShrivelTwitch(1) eaglgenes101(1) xn0ize(1) kirbylover314(1) Ryli(1) shockcannon(1) Linkcat(1) Svenningen(2) killsdazombies(2) miniwally(2) artagas(2) ji412jo(2) lukce(2) Smokefree(2) guy_fawkes(2) Ekki(2) ddevans96(2) GG(2) UTAlan(2) atomiton(2) mesaprotector(2) salox(2) treebeard xiii(2) Annele(2) theelkspeaks(2) Zawadx(2) trashduke(2) phoenix1211(2) immortal feud(2) moehrpi(2) MasterWalks(2) lava golem(3) homoaddictus(3) nilsieboy(3) Deamon19(3) Gorthos(3) Silver(3) AnnaMall(3) ARTHANASIOS(3) Zso_Zso(3) Ginyu(3) Aves(3) CactusKing(3) TheOwner(4) DrunkDestroyer(4) vagman13(4) gocubbies1212(4) Xenocidius(4) Vineroz(4) Fippe94(4) Demut(5) calindu(5) worldwideweb3(5) JonathanCrazyJ(5) Kalinuial(5) justaburd(6) Scaredgirl(6) blackknight280(6) Blaze(6) Vindilos(6) Manuel(6) bojengles77(7) plastiqe(7) cccombobreaker(7) Odii Odsen(7) furballdn(8) Elbirn(8) regen2k9(10) DANIEELA(10) Demagog(11) Jen-i(11) RavingRabbid(11) Marsu(11) kaempfer13(14) Wyand(14) pikachufan2164(15) Onizuka(16) mrpaper(17) ralouf(18) Cheesy111(19) blarp(19) rob77dp(19) TStar(22) bucky1andonly(23) dragonsdemesne(23) Vangelios(33) RootRanger(34) Jenkar(40)

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg245518#msg245518
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2011, 12:24:04 am »
The leagues need a sign up... I've already played 2 guys and IDK their forum username (neither if they have one).

The registration rule is needed indeed  :(

Scaredgirl

Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg245629#msg245629
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2011, 03:13:32 am »
The leagues need a sign up... I've already played 2 guys and IDK their forum username (neither if they have one).

The registration rule is needed indeed  :(
Why didn't you ask their forum usernames BEFORE you started? You can even search those names to make sure they exist.

Signing up is extra work for organizers (much more work then you would think), and we should avoid it if possible.

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg245788#msg245788
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 07:04:23 am »
Signing up is extra work for organizers (much more work then you would think), and we should avoid it if possible.
OK then, sry... I'll have to ask for forum names also then :D

guy_fawkes

Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg245817#msg245817
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2011, 08:27:37 am »
you know what would be extremely useful?
another spreadsheet in the first League post with two fields : "your score" "opponent score"
and a third and fourth field with the calculated points gained if you win and the calculated points you lose if you lose...

ES:

YOUR SCOREOPPONENT SCORE

IF YOU WINIF YOU LOSE
+10-10

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg246179#msg246179
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2011, 09:47:53 pm »
The fact that a player with a 12-1 record has a score lower than the starting score of 1500 makes me doubt the effectiveness of this system. Either that or the spreadsheet is broken which I truly hope it isn't.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg246298#msg246298
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2011, 12:59:15 am »
ELO becomes far more accurate as time passes. The loss was probably against a player that was ranked average but actually one of the top players. Once people are in their right spots ELO will almost be perfect.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg251083#msg251083
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 02:46:22 pm »
I'm beginning to get concerned about how top players can lose a huge bulk of points when they lose against a low score player.

Personally I think there should be some sort of a rule that allows you to deny the match if the score difference is big enough, maybe 200?
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg278444#msg278444
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2011, 04:39:26 pm »
So it seems one of the biggest problems with the leagues is that they start out gangbusters and really flame out quickly.  I tried starting in the middle and finding a game most days seems like an exercise in the impossible.  I log into chat at least a few hours a day and ask for games, but people are always too busy or just non-responsive.  It seems like there should be an activity penalty for players who just simply don't keep playing in the league.  I'd suggest something like a point penalty applied cumulatively daily to any player who is inactive for more than 3 days, with inactive being defined as not playing a league game.  This serve a dual purpose of making players be active throughout the entire league season, and prevent high ranking players from capping quickly and just sitting on it without playing games.  So for example, on the 4th day you get like a -25 point penalty, 5th day you get -50, 6th day you get -75, and you play a game on the 7th day so overall you suffer a -150 point penalty for 6 days of inactivity.  Obviously exceptions could be made for planned inactive times if posted in advance (say you are going out of town 5 days, so you get 5 days "free" but the 6th day you get a penalty if you don't play).  It sounds complicated, but I'd happily and eagerly volunteer to oversee this or a system similar if it revived activity in the leagues so that players who try to join in the middle aren't as frustrated as I have been trying to find games.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg278447#msg278447
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2011, 04:47:03 pm »
So it seems one of the biggest problems with the leagues is that they start out gangbusters and really flame out quickly.  I tried starting in the middle and finding a game most days seems like an exercise in the impossible.  I log into chat at least a few hours a day and ask for games, but people are always too busy or just non-responsive.  It seems like there should be an activity penalty for players who just simply don't keep playing in the league.  I'd suggest something like a point penalty applied cumulatively daily to any player who is inactive for more than 3 days, with inactive being defined as not playing a league game.  This serve a dual purpose of making players be active throughout the entire league season, and prevent high ranking players from capping quickly and just sitting on it without playing games.  So for example, on the 4th day you get like a -25 point penalty, 5th day you get -50, 6th day you get -75, and you play a game on the 7th day so overall you suffer a -150 point penalty for 6 days of inactivity.  Obviously exceptions could be made for planned inactive times if posted in advance (say you are going out of town 5 days, so you get 5 days "free" but the 6th day you get a penalty if you don't play).  It sounds complicated, but I'd happily and eagerly volunteer to oversee this or a system similar if it revived activity in the leagues so that players who try to join in the middle aren't as frustrated as I have been trying to find games.
Allthough I agree that people are very inactive in the leagues. I don't like this idea at all. Vacations or breaks would totally screw up your score, while in my opinion Elements is not supposed to be that hardcore.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg278574#msg278574
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2011, 09:43:18 pm »
It seems like there should be an activity penalty for players who just simply don't keep playing in the league.  I'd suggest something like a point penalty applied cumulatively daily to any player who is inactive for more than 3 days, with inactive being defined as not playing a league game. This serve a dual purpose of making players be active throughout the entire league season,
Most people in the league stop caring because there is a small chance they can win. All this would do is make the league an activity contest instead of a skill contest.

and prevent high ranking players from capping quickly and just sitting on it without playing games.
I accept every match when I'm in chat. "Without playing games?" In order to get to the top, you have to win most of your games, play good players, and play enough to reach the top. It's a lot more work than you think, and it's actually pretty difficult.

So for example, on the 4th day you get like a -25 point penalty, 5th day you get -50, 6th day you get -75, and you play a game on the 7th day so overall you suffer a -150 point penalty for 6 days of inactivity.  Obviously exceptions could be made for planned inactive times if posted in advance (say you are going out of town 5 days, so you get 5 days "free" but the 6th day you get a penalty if you don't play).  It sounds complicated, but I'd happily and eagerly volunteer to oversee this or a system similar if it revived activity in the leagues so that players who try to join in the middle aren't as frustrated as I have been trying to find games.
With this system, there would be little incentive to join the league until the last few weeks. This doesn't solve the "problem".
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline vagman13

• Reputation Power: 12
  • vagman13 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.vagman13 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team Aether14 Club - Most expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWar #2 Winner - Team EntropyChampionship League 3/2010 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg307505#msg307505
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2011, 01:52:57 pm »
sorry for the offtopic,but can haz reward code plz? AKA when will the reward codes for the previous leagues  be sent ?

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg307579#msg307579
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2011, 05:14:58 pm »
sorry for the offtopic,but can haz reward code plz? AKA when will the reward codes for the previous leagues  be sent ?
Word.

Seriously, we should start a league AFTER acquiring the reward codes or something, because for the past two, the winners (aka me and vagman <_<) had to wait about a month to receive the codes.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

blarg: