*Author

Amphetryon

Sacrifice|Offering https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30626.msg389273#msg389273
« on: September 05, 2011, 12:51:37 pm »
Sacrifice|Offering
2 :death|1 :death
permanent

Effect: Whenever one of your creatures dies, gain 1 life.

Design rationale: I wanted a card that gave a secondary benefit to  :death for using Virus, or for pairing with Otyughs or Scarabs in devourer decks, while keeping within the  :death theme of decay.  My initial thought is that having the life gain trigger regardless of which side loses a creature was a bit too strong, and a bit off-focus for the  :death element.

Thoughts?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Sacrifice|Offering https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30626.msg389283#msg389283
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:27:15 pm »
Design rationale: I wanted a card that gave a secondary benefit to  :death for using Virus, or for pairing with Otyughs or Scarabs in devourer decks, while keeping within the  :death theme of decay.
Besides Boneyard, Bonewall, Soul Catcher and Scavenger you mean?

My initial thought is that having the life gain trigger regardless of which side loses a creature was a bit too strong, and a bit off-focus for the  :death element.
Too strong? -> Increase the cost
A bit off-focus? -> Death usually uses death triggers not death of my creatures triggers

Other than those comments this looks ready for the Smithy(main CIA area).
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Sacrifice|Offering https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30626.msg389309#msg389309
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:27:20 pm »
I like it. It would make mono-death more challenging, but that's not a bad thing.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Amphetryon

Re: Sacrifice|Offering https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30626.msg389314#msg389314
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 04:05:34 pm »
Design rationale: I wanted a card that gave a secondary benefit to  :death for using Virus, or for pairing with Otyughs or Scarabs in devourer decks, while keeping within the  :death theme of decay.
Besides Boneyard, Bonewall, Soul Catcher and Scavenger you mean?

My initial thought is that having the life gain trigger regardless of which side loses a creature was a bit too strong, and a bit off-focus for the  :death element.
Too strong? -> Increase the cost
A bit off-focus? -> Death usually uses death triggers not death of my creatures triggers

Other than those comments this looks ready for the Smithy(main CIA area).
Thanks for the review.  I should have clarified "secondary healing benefit", sorry; hadn't finished my coffee yet.  It would also hopefully give pause to opponents bent on taking out your legions, and help a bit against those shields that damage your creatures when they attack.

I like it. It would make mono-death more challenging, but that's not a bad thing.
Indeed, it wouldn't necessarily have an ideal home in a mono-death environment, though if you're using Virus un-upped it could provide a minor stalling effect, perhaps enough to get your Boneyard/Skeleton/Bonewall combo in full swing.

blarg: