*Author

Offline danil

• Reputation Power: 2
  • danil is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • the Blessed Pegasus
Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243035#msg1243035
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 02:53:20 am »
I can see a deck based around these scorpions and SoBs. That would be terrifying ?_?
I go chop your dollar
I go take your money; disappear

:light My music :light

Offline NevzaraTopic starter

• Nevzara is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The universe is in constant flux.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243036#msg1243036
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 03:08:30 am »
What if we drop the idea of it being a scorpion, make it a 1 attack 5 defence, 8 cost creature.
“No structure, even an artificial one, enjoys the process of entropy. It is the ultimate fate of everything, and everything resists it.”
 :entropy :death :darkness :light :entropy

Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243037#msg1243037
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 03:09:04 am »
Maybe a millipede, seame suitably creepy
“No structure, even an artificial one, enjoys the process of entropy. It is the ultimate fate of everything, and everything resists it.”

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243038#msg1243038
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 04:15:17 am »
I'm not sure if I like this in earth because that's where stone skin is. I'm not sure where I would put it I'm not a very creative guy.

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243040#msg1243040
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 04:26:08 am »
The idea ties in to time much better however time already has a scorpion, I chose earth because of the pulveriser which has a similar ability.

For each successful attack destroy the top card of opponent's deck.

The idea is to speed up deck out wins, plus having just one of them in your deck negates the infinite loop caused by Eternity.

how pulvy is similar to this idea? pulvy is a weapon, it require  :earth :gravity for work, it destroy perms, there are immaterial perms and u fail against protect artifact: your card can mill every type of card, even immaterial cards.

keep in mind this:

magic the gathering is played with min 60 cards, max 4 copies of each card
yugioh is played with min 40 cards, max 3 copies of each card

both of these games have mill cards, both games has a graveyard.

elements is played with 30 cards with max 6 copies of each card, no graveyard.

there is no point in design a card with a broken effect like mill your opponent's decks, when for balancing u are forced to make something really, really underpowered like:

What if we drop the idea of it being a scorpion, make it a 1 attack 5 defence, 8 cost creature.

who would play something like that?

Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243042#msg1243042
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 04:51:54 am »
If pulvy destroyed a random permanent instead of target permanent would you use it?

Offline Manuel

• Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243045#msg1243045
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 05:08:21 am »
If pulvy destroyed a random permanent instead of target permanent would you use it?

the most important part of my post wasn't about pulvy, was about

keep in mind this:

magic the gathering is played with min 60 cards, max 4 copies of each card
yugioh is played with min 40 cards, max 3 copies of each card
both of these games have mill cards, both games has a graveyard.
elements is played with 30 cards with max 6 copies of each card, no graveyard.

i don't want to seem harsh, but: in this case u ignored 90% of what i wrote (and i hope u didn't do the same with other posts, because we are trying to help u), if u open a thread, be open to positive criticism

Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243048#msg1243048
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 07:19:14 am »
Yeah I get what you're saying. But you're comparing very different games, magic has maybe a hundred different cards that mill, elements has none. I get that this concept is hard to balance but it'll evolve the meta in a fun way and it'll create a few new competitive decks. You know?

Offline Manuel

Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243051#msg1243051
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 07:54:08 am »
Yeah I get what you're saying. But you're comparing very different games, magic has maybe a hundred different cards that mill, elements has none.

u miss the point, i'm not comparing 2 games, i'm trying to make u think on NUMBERS, the ratio of the same cards permitted in a deck and the min cards of the deck

it'll evolve the meta in a fun way

for u is funny playing against a gold/plat deck with x12 scorpion and x12 sobr able to deck out u in 5 turns?

Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243053#msg1243053
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 08:34:20 am »
Would it be so bad if decks started getting larger? Instead of this thing we do at the moment where any non stall deck with more than 30 cards is dismissed?

If all you're interested in is shooting ideas down without giving alternatives then why are you here man? I'm just trying to have a discussion and you're feeling very attacking.

Offline Manuel

Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243057#msg1243057
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 10:13:13 am »
Would it be so bad if decks started getting larger?

this game is played with 90% of decks composed by 30 cards from the beginning, 7 years ago; u are suggesting a card that modify this, running more cards makes every deck less effective, because the deckout is inevitable, all for an ability that should't be in this game.

is this a good thing?

I'm just trying to have a discussion and you're feeling very attacking

like i said in another post, i am not attacking u: i am trying to explain how this game works, but is hard, really really hard

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Rock Scorpion/ Titanium Scorpion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62821.msg1243059#msg1243059
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 10:28:34 am »
who would play something like that?

I would o3o

anything
blarg: