*Author

Offline TheCrazyMangoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg383293#msg383293
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:29:28 pm »
The Element of Love - Rules
Original idea by: 9270984   |   Developed by: 9270984/Tstar   |   Art by: ??#4   |   Organized by: 9270984
[**img]<-- Insert event image URL here - OPTIONAL -->[/img**]

The elements dating game, where your favorite bachelors and bachelorettes compete to see which couple is the best Elements PVP couple

1. HOW TO SIGN UP?
Anyone with a forum and a chat account can sign up for this event. Start by reading the rules very carefully. Then sign up by posting on a separate sign up topic. If you cannot find a sign up topic, or if it is locked, this event is not currently active, and you will have to wait for it to restart.
Maximum amount of participants for this event is 24(for now). If the event is full, you can still sign up as a reserve player, and will get a chance to join the event if any of the 24 players doesn't show up during round 1.

2. GETTING READY
Build a deck of any size (from 30 to 60 cards).
- First, each player is randomly assigned an element, you will be assigned every element before the event is over.
- Before the battles start, every contestant must choose somebody to "date".
- You and your partner must decide who is duelling this round.
- You and your partner must build one(or more) duo decks containing at least 6 non-zero cost cards from your element and your dates element.
- You may use any non-upgraded cards in the game except Nova, Immolation, Discord, and Quantum Pillars
- You may also use up to X upgraded cards. X is the number of upgraded cards your couple allows you to use during the round. Each person starts with 1, couples share upgrades, and each player gains an upgrade with a win.

3. BRACKETS
This event is a 12 round tournament. The couple with the longest win streak at the end of the 12th round is the winner. If there is a winning streak in progress(2 wins or more) at the end of the 12th round, play continues until that couple either loses or beats the leading streak.

4. DUELS
Players have 4 days to make the fight happen. They must contact their opponent using a PM, and try to find a time that suits both. If the fight doesn't happen, both players lose by default, unless one player is clearly more active in trying to find a suitable time. Event organizer will determine who the most active player was, and his or her word is final.

Matches are best-of-five. The first player who wins 3 individual duels, wins the match.

You are allowed to change your deck (and mark) at any time but you only have 3 minutes to do so. If it takes you longer than 3 minutes, it is considered a forfeit and the other player goes to next round.

It's a good idea to either record the matches, or take screenshots as proof, in case something weird, like a desync error, happens. Remember, a player who gets caught cheating, will be permanently banned from all Elements community PvP events, so please play fair.

5. AFTER DUELS
Winner should post a new topic in the "Battle Results" section, along with short description of how the match went. Both the winner and the loser are required to post pictures of both their decks. After round 1, all decks from all players are 100% visible to everyone.
If your couple loses its duel, you must find a new date for the next round.

6. WINNER
Winner of the Highest Win Streak  is the winner of the event.

7. REWARDS
The winner of the event will receive the following forum award icon:
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline n00b

• n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg383317#msg383317
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:38:15 am »
Seems interesting compared to what I thought when I first responded after only reading the name. Kinda like a mini-tourney but with sex involved.

Good job
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg383482#msg383482
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 03:16:25 pm »
Two suggestions:

1. Please don't ban EQ and Discord! It seems a bit arbitrary to give an element like Earth a serious disadvantage like this. (seriously decreases their ammount of spells also...)

2. Why did you choose for the longest winning streak as a win condition?  It just makes no sense to me. I suggest changing the win condition to something more fair and less frustrating. Why not just take the total ammounts of wins?

Masterfurry

Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg385917#msg385917
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:07:51 pm »
Hm... when does this start? I like it.

Offline n00b

• n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg385918#msg385918
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 07:08:38 pm »
Back by popular demand!

[14:05:13] Iman00b8: ‹@9270984› I still cannot believe you hate my feedback :3
[14:05:36] 9270984: ‹@Iman00b8› noob, your feedback is good, but i want moar!

I like it, if we're randomly assigned an element, and eventually all of them, it really gets us to learn to enjoy all of the elements! (except  :aether ... No one likes  :aether) It also helps with our deckbuilding skills, or for some of us, lackof. Good idea, good job, and I still shall keep what I said in the above post :)!
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

zumba

Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg385939#msg385939
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 07:30:54 pm »
its very confusing VERY confusing. but it sounds sorta cool.. make the rules make more sense

• TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg385943#msg385943
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:37:11 pm »
its very confusing VERY confusing. but it sounds sorta cool.. make the rules make more sense
do you mind elaborating on what part specifically is confusing?
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Scaredgirl

Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg386022#msg386022
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:18:24 pm »
I like the basic mechanics, although the theme is a bit weird, just like the name. But yea the idea of switching pairs is interesting.

Have you considered adding more stuff to deckbuilding? Maybe try to use that dating them somehow, I don't know..

What is the reasoning behind the winning conditions? Winning streak seems like a strange choice.

Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg386039#msg386039
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 12:12:39 am »
I like the basic mechanics, although the theme is a bit weird, just like the name. But yea the idea of switching pairs is interesting.

Have you considered adding more stuff to deckbuilding? Maybe try to use that dating them somehow, I don't know..

What is the reasoning behind the winning conditions? Winning streak seems like a strange choice.
Weird is mah specialty :P
I have considered adding more to deckbuilding, but i cant think of anything good, ill ask chat for some suggestions.
And for winning conditions, i chose streak becuase it shows the most successful "couple". Also, i wanted a unique win condition, and that sounded unique to me. But i would be willing to change it if need be.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg386089#msg386089
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 02:52:34 am »
There was an old event section for something called 'Elemental Survivor'. The description suggested that there would be several mini-games alternating with battle round. No one ever seemed to know anything more than that, but I always wanted to see it in action.

I think an event like this should have more of a 'reality show' theme. Here's how I would alter the rules now to fit that:

Sign-up and Preparation: Set the maximum number of participants at 32. This leads to six rounds in a double-elimination bracket. Each player chooses 6 different elements when they sign up. Upon the end of sign-ups, all players are randomly given a partner (their date) and one of their chosen elements for the first round.

Round Format: Each round, players will face the person they are designated to in the bracket. Each player must use 6 cards total from each of the pair's elements (12 if both elements are the same). All un-upgraded cards are allowed. Upgraded cards equal to the team's combined points score are also allowed for each player.

Every pair will also be given a random event card. A huge list of these will be posted before the event begins (Example: Relationship Problems - You and your date are having a disagreement. You are not allowed to use your partner's element.) These could enhance or limit deckbuilding, affect the way brackets advance, or other stuff.

Duels and Aftermath: All battles are best-of-five, and results and decks are to be posted by all players in the designated section or thread. Players are given one point for every match (not battle) win, which allow them to use upgrades. The event is a double elimination bracket, so anyone with two losses is eliminated.

After all battles in a round are completed, players will be sorted by score. If there is a tie, all players with the same amount of score will be randomized. Players will then go down the list, choosing another available player to be their partner for the next round. The last two players will auto-become partners and will be given a unhelpful event card.

Season Finale: The bracket will be cut off when two players remain in the Winner's bracket and two remain in the Loser's bracket. Partners and event cards set here are final, and these three players will go into a round-robin, with any players losing twice being eliminated. This will continue until only one player remains.

One other idea I had was to have every round be randomized and have a system of voting after battles to determine eliminations. If this were to be put in place, there would only be 24 participants and people would have to choose a gender alignment at the beginning. Two males and two females would be eliminated every round.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg390352#msg390352
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »
im thinking of love-related specials for each element. ill update this post once i have them, and the OP once i have all of them
 :death WIDOW, If your dates element is DEATH, you must use 20 cards of your element, and no death cards.
 :darkness UNFAITHFUL, If your dates element is DARKNESS, he or she switches to a random element.
 :aether
 :air
 :earth
 :entropy
 :fire PASSION, half of you deck must be from your element, half from your dates element
 :gravity
 :life
 :light
 :time DIVORCE, you must choose a new spouse for this round.
 :water

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The Element of Love https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30159.msg418562#msg418562
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 02:37:59 pm »
I hope you haven't given up on this.  I really like the idea and hope you are still interested in developing it fully.
Carpe Diem!!

blarg: 9270984,Tstar