*Author

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57087#msg57087
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 03:33:47 pm »
Just as a side-note: capitalism isn't actually working out any better, at least in America.  Americans live in a country where multinational corporations have silently slipped their former CEOs and board members into the highest-ranking positions of the government agencies that are supposed to oversee those companies -- which means that the entire notion of government oversight is a joke.

This is most obvious in the banking and real estate industries, because they've recently collapsed -- but it's at it's most dangerous in the FOOD industry, where the corporate/government mashup is, in truth, the ONLY cause of the American health-care crisis.  The things they call "food" in America are literally poisonous crimes of nature, and it's killing us. 

I'd stake everything I own on the fact that it's killing us a damn sight faster than the Chinese government is killing dissenters.
The problem of corruption of regulatory bodies isn't any different in China.  Even where failing your duty in enforcing regulation is punishable by death, we still see corruption and cronyism with too often tragic results.  So in addition to the government sanctioned killing of dissenting citizens, you can't even trust the quality of basic foods (much less fast foods also available) in China which means they're food supply is not to be trusted any more (and possibly less) than in the US.

Got milk? http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=812849
Got condoms? http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/21/world/la-fg-china-condoms21-2010jan21
Got schools? http://www.globalissues.org/news/2010/04/19/5269

That, my friends, is the human element failing capitalism.  Sometimes I think I'd be better off in China.
Let's not get too dramatic here.  Unless you're being serious, in which case.....good luck with all that.
Bring back Holy Cow!

PuppyChow

Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57359#msg57359
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 02:04:16 am »
Yes, in a perfect communist state, everybody is whoohoo utopia.

The problem is that a perfect communist state is impossible due to human nature and in reality, capitalism works better. With communism, the workers control everything but who controls the workers? Nobody? That will never work since there will always be somebody that feels the need to control. And once you get that government, you run into more problems :).

But still the main problem with communism is that nobody would work since they would be payed anyway. There would be no doctors, or skilled professions; what would the incentive be? You would make the same amount of money as the guy that dropped out of high school and collects garbage. The whole premise is that people work for the common good, but in the real world nobody wants to work for the common good. Only themselves.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57364#msg57364
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 02:13:27 am »
Communism, the perfect plan on paper.
Communism is basically impossible to TRULY perfect, dictators take over and there own agenda come before the peoples leaders like these, only war leads to their removal, the government owns everything and distributes it so the government can do whatever it wants. most countries hate it, despise it *USA* and make it there number one goal to stop, many communist  countries are getting better tho.

My opinion on Communism, the best plan that will never work. EVER. It appears flawless but when activated, its clear just how much can and will go wrong.

Offline tyranimTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57380#msg57380
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 03:16:29 am »
has anyone ever read "the giver"? its a really good book, and very informational. however, there was a flaw with the plans set up by the fictional city officials, they let someone have those freeing things. i dont agree with some of the things they did, but a lot of it seems like it would be favorable, such as the raising of children in an environment away from attachments.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57381#msg57381
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 03:20:04 am »
Fahrenheit 451 was about communism too, i really liked it, just shows how people dont care in a communist government.

airframe

Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57459#msg57459
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 08:33:18 am »
Yes, in a perfect communist state, everybody is whoohoo utopia.

The problem is that a perfect communist state is impossible due to human nature and in reality, capitalism works better. With communism, the workers control everything but who controls the workers? Nobody? That will never work since there will always be somebody that feels the need to control. And once you get that government, you run into more problems :).

But still the main problem with communism is that nobody would work since they would be payed anyway. There would be no doctors, or skilled professions; what would the incentive be? You would make the same amount of money as the guy that dropped out of high school and collects garbage. The whole premise is that people work for the common good, but in the real world nobody wants to work for the common good. Only themselves.
Exactly, this is what happened to Soviet union. Too large portion of population don't contribute, because they don't need to do anything.

Also, drinking and working are mutually exclusive, can't be done properly at the same time. You go to work so you get money to buy vodka. but if you already got the money, then you can skip the whole working thing. While that would be totally awesome, it just doesn't work.

• Legendary Member
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57621#msg57621
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 05:04:26 pm »
that is just an example of people who never grew up (im part russian, relax). in a country full of people who dont have their heads up their asses, communism would work, however, all the countries out there have those ignorant swine who have a tendency to f*** things up for everyone with their conceited idiocy.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

airframe

Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg57734#msg57734
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 08:43:07 pm »
that is just an example of people who never grew up (im part russian, relax). in a country full of people who dont have their heads up their asses, communism would work, however, all the countries out there have those ignorant swine who have a tendency to f*** things up for everyone with their conceited idiocy.
Yes, thats exatcly the point I was trying to make. We can't get rid of those people(*). That's the flaw, it doesn't work with actual people.

I do think it's a relly nice idea, but thats relly all it is, it doesn't work in reality. Definately not evil, thats just American talk.

(*) Now that I think of it, Stalin probably could get rid of just about anyone.

• Legendary Member
  • formerly unit
Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg58099#msg58099
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 03:29:47 pm »
it wont work yet...

bstar11

Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg61585#msg61585
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 06:46:52 am »
Is Communism really so evil? Well this is a difficult question. What comes to the majority of minds when someone mentions that nasty word that is "communism": Cold war, Russia, China, Nazi Germany (even though it was ANTI-COMMUNIST), Mussolini's Italy (which was also anti-Communist). Anyways with all of these things we remember the atrocious events that happened such as the proxy wars, and nuclear weapons of the Cold War, Stalin and Linen murdering millions of people, Russians and others alike, the famous "tanks crushing" of the pro-democracy students in 1889, Of course Hitler and the Holocaust, and Mussolini's famous propaganda that out spun Hitlers.

If we look at Communism the original root form of it was constant revolution, and change in the powers, so that no one has complete control over anything what so ever. A break down of classes for full equality, and equal participation in political affairs from every class, and belief. Now is that what we think of when we think of Communism? Nope, I don't believe it is!

Now for the other point. America. What we (America) do is try to isolate, and snuff out communism. Even if its working perfectly well  for them, and try to replace it with our glorious republic. (America is NOT a democracy, we base our government system based off of representatives modeled after Rome, Democracy is complete voting on everything by everyone which Athens started.) So by America going in and changing it, we create the idea that its something wrong, when really its just different than what the West is used to.

So is Communism evil? No. Now the communism instated by Stalin, and Lenin is very much soevil, but in reality its NOT communism its purely a dictatorship based off of military and terror.

That's my to cents on it!

:fire Bstar11 :fire

icybraker

Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg61663#msg61663
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 12:41:58 pm »
If we look at Communism the original root form of it was constant revolution, and change in the powers, so that no one has complete control over anything what so ever. A break down of classes for full equality, and equal participation in political affairs from every class, and belief. Now is that what we think of when we think of Communism? Nope, I don't believe it is!
Exactly. Communism, at its core as elucidated by Karl Marx and later, Vladimir Lenin, are perfectly acceptable political philosophies in our current society. Everyone owns everything, everyone is free, everyone is equal. It's basically a social utopia.

But that's EXACTLY what it is; a utopia. In order for Communism to be a real and true ideal, humankind itself must be pure. And we know that isn't true. In every society, there will be freeloaders - people who do not work and yet consume the fruits of labor. If human nature was good and every man participated equally and well in society like they should, then Communism would be great. As it stands, however, a good system of Communism can and will not exist, as long as human nature does not drastically change.

tl-dr;

No, it is not bad.
But no, it can't exist.

xpanterx

Re: communism. is it really so evil? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3466.msg61691#msg61691
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 02:22:17 pm »
Democracy, where 49% of the population is unhappy... ;)

anything
blarg: