*Author

Active members:
YawnChainHow(1) 10 men(1) Holokausti(1) Puppenmaedchen(1) Dm1321(1) VegeForsaken(1) Chemist(1) Wadjet(1) redium(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) James Abrams(1) NikaZaslavsky(1) mwely(1) Gillero(1) veemon293(1) Shaliyah(1) madbird20(1) Metahater(1) grindpower(1) Fluffy Ninja(1) n00b(1) BloodlinE(1) Pineapple(1) stylish777(1) ÜberTurtleTime(1) Malebolgia(1) Angelic_Dawn(1) omegareaper7(1) ndclub(1) 18237(1) Lord_Jadem(1) Dwerg(1) groupgamegame(1) Danceman(1) poperekov(1) ggabriel2(1) Bloodshadow(1) vega7(1) stripe1000(1) vidurkhanna(1) orichalcum(1) iTry(1) Cless(1) skotadi phobos(1) AchDeToni(1) tetti(1) DevilLoss(1) TheGreatKhan(1) koeniewoenie(1) sunyata(1) nerd1(1) violenceisanart(1) burpcow(1) mesaprotector(1) Jaymanfu(2) nilsieboy(2) MartyrX(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) Sewdri(2) oblivion1212(2) Tiko(2) bripod(2) Mithcairion(2) the dictator(2) Blues(2) Korugar(2) UTAlan(2) Nepycros(2) badivan1(2) Bootsza(2) MildlyFrightenedBoy(2) Troh(2) forrestugly(2) Sal(2) FlareGlutox(2) jonathancrazyj(2) Kuroaitou(3) ~Napalm(3) Scaredgirl(3) Antagon(3) tyranim(3) PuppyChow(3) Plantifant(3) TheForbiddenOracle(3) Zblader(3) Hyroen(3) GG(3) markilleruk(3) burne(3) Avenger(3) vagman13(3) Shantu(3) parasite99(3) doublecross(3) TheonlyrealBeef(4) Aves(4) RootRanger(4) Wizardcat(4) kirchj33(4) aqwsz0(4) silux(4) bogtro(4) Anthraxx(4) rickerd(4) pikachufan2164(5) ScaredGuy(5) Toxx(5) loadquo(5) Jappert(5) RavingRabbid(5) Zaealix(5) petersenk(5) gumbeh(6) astraldragoon(6) majofa(6) Djhopper :)(6) artimies7(6) calindu(6) teffy(6) MatrimKK(6) rgurgelles1(6) Jenkar(6) SnoWeb(7) Kamietsu(7) EmeraldTiger(7) Onizuka(7) Post(7) suxerz(8) Malignant(8) Rastafla(8) Rutarete(9) Jocko(9) hendrydext(9) rowcla(9) Polari(9) TheManuz(10) willng3(11) Bhlewos(11) Chapuz(11) ddevans96(11) Snopel(13) Sevs(15) Rember(15) rosutosefi(16) Essence(16) ralouf(16) furballdn(18) RRQJ(19) Elite Arbiter(20) zanzarino(21) russianspy1234(24) bucky1andonly(24) Atico(26) bored_ninja777(28) Higurashi(28) The_Mormegil(30) OldTrees(30) dragonsdemesne(31) BluePriest(34) moomoose(34) Xenocidius(38)

PuppyChow

Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg432988#msg432988
« Reply #912 on: November 30, 2011, 09:48:45 pm »
I think people are misunderstanding the point of having winner's vote too.

Currently:
If a loser votes no: Nothing; normal rank gain and 10 electrum gained.
If a loser votes yes: Double rank gain and 20 electrum gained.

Effect of this:
Original decks that win are rewarded a lot.
Unoriginal decks that win are rewarded.
Original decks that lose and unoriginal decks that lose are the same.

But if it were made so winner's vote too...
If a winner votes no: Nothing; normal rank loss and 0 electrum gained.
 If a winner votes yes: Half rank loss and 2 electrum gained.

Thus...
Original decks that win are rewarded a lot.
 Unoriginal decks that win are rewarded.
 Original decks that lose are punished a little bit.
Unoriginal decks that lose are punished.

Keep in mind gaining two electrum is still a punishment when compared to gaining ten.

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433458#msg433458
« Reply #913 on: December 01, 2011, 08:24:13 pm »
Patience, my son. Shard of Patience, that is.

The remaining shards will be released in the next version, I believe. It could take weeks or months before they become available (they'll probably start appearing on the In Development page fairly soonish though).
But hmm... I don't understand this. Why we haven't more and often new cards? Section "Card Ideas and Art" is full of fantastic new cards. I know that some of them are OP, unbalanced etc. But a lot of them are fantastic. It is online game, and there is no problem to putting often new cards. We should have new card every week. Now game is boring... Especially for players, which don't speak English and didn't use board. What is more, we still have better elements ( :fire :entropy :darkness and  :rainbow) than rest (:earth :air :light :water)

I know, the biggest problem is probably with coding in AI games, because only one person do it. Ok, but I don't want to tell that all cards must have new ability. We can put a lot of new cards with simple and knowing abilities.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433460#msg433460
« Reply #914 on: December 01, 2011, 08:28:48 pm »
IMO Puppy got a really good point here. I will not repeat what he said because it's complete but I like the idea.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433545#msg433545
« Reply #915 on: December 01, 2011, 11:44:36 pm »

The remaining shards will be released in the next version, I believe. It could take weeks or months before they become available (they'll probably start appearing on the In Development page fairly soonish though).
But hmm... I don't understand this. Why we haven't more and often new cards? Section "Card Ideas and Art" is full of fantastic new cards. I know that some of them are OP, unbalanced etc. But a lot of them are fantastic. It is online game, and there is no problem to putting often new cards. We should have new card every week. Now game is boring... Especially for players, which don't speak English and didn't use board. What is more, we still have better elements ( :fire :entropy :darkness and  :rainbow) than rest (:earth :air :light :water)

I know, the biggest problem is probably with coding in AI games, because only one person do it. Ok, but I don't want to tell that all cards must have new ability. We can put a lot of new cards with simple and knowing abilities.
First of all, there is exactly one person working on the game.  And I'm pretty sure elementsthegame is not his job, just a side project.  Second, coding is way more difficult and annoying than you're making it out to be.  Those "simple" abilities are not so simple to make work correctly without bugs, glitches, etc. happening.  Unless you're saying to make a card that's basically identical to something already in the game, in which case I ask, how would that make things less boring?  In fact, that would make things more boring since now all the elements can do the same thing.

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433816#msg433816
« Reply #916 on: December 02, 2011, 09:13:05 am »

First of all, there is exactly one person working on the game.  And I'm pretty sure elementsthegame is not his job, just a side project.  Second, coding is way more difficult and annoying than you're making it out to be.  Those "simple" abilities are not so simple to make work correctly without bugs, glitches, etc. happening.  Unless you're saying to make a card that's basically identical to something already in the game, in which case I ask, how would that make things less boring?  In fact, that would make things more boring since now all the elements can do the same thing.
I don't have a grudge against Zanz, because he made perfect work here. I think that AI works nearly perfectly. But this game has got bigger potential. Look on Tournaments, only 30-50 people play every Saturday. We need more cards, quests, helping for weaker players (maybe actions for them like sale for them on Christmas?). This game can be more popular than is today.
Look at Arena. We have 90% games with: Fire Lances, Lava Golems, GoP + Nightmare, DimShields spam, Poison+SoS, Rush Life, Graboids, BlackHole spam every turn, and Rainbow with SuperNova. That is all tactics in game. When I see Mark and Towers I know in 90% what this deck will do, so we haven't got any kind of suprise in game. We need more innovations, more good idea decks and new cards. Personally I think that it is unfair, when some elements has got PC and CC and other hasn't got both. Darkness has got also healing (Drain Life, Vampire, VS). Why we promote only 3-4 elements?
I don't think that giving for element X normal creature (without skill) for example 8/2 or X/6 (when X is number of card in hand or other factor) make game more boring.

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433825#msg433825
« Reply #917 on: December 02, 2011, 09:32:38 am »
Wall of text
First of all, there is exactly one person working on the game.
Seriously, we can't demand that all those things will be done in a short period of time. Have you ever tried programming a game, even a really simple one? It's hard to do alone. In arena, that's currently being somewhat fixed through rating, and some game balancing will slowly tone that down and allow more decks variety in the meta. And I disagree on the part where AI works nearly perfectly. It's very efficient in terms of the number of checks that it has to do, but cannot compete very well against a human.
Not so active.

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433829#msg433829
« Reply #918 on: December 02, 2011, 10:24:35 am »
Wall of text
First of all, there is exactly one person working on the game.
Seriously, we can't demand that all those things will be done in a short period of time. Have you ever tried programming a game, even a really simple one? It's hard to do alone. In arena, that's currently being somewhat fixed through rating, and some game balancing will slowly tone that down and allow more decks variety in the meta. And I disagree on the part where AI works nearly perfectly. It's very efficient in terms of the number of checks that it has to do, but cannot compete very well against a human.
So maybe someone should help Zanz in programming, to make this game more popular and better. It would be fine to see more players, more strategies, more emotions and suprise. Card Ideas are worth to promote new cards. A lot of them can make game more interesting and unpredictable. It would be fine to see new tactics in Arena...

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433830#msg433830
« Reply #919 on: December 02, 2011, 10:26:45 am »
I'm sure there are many people who would love to help Zanz develop the game; the problem is that he (presumably) doesn't want any help. Note that Elements is his portfolio project, so having another developer somewhat defeats the purpose of that.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433845#msg433845
« Reply #920 on: December 02, 2011, 02:02:42 pm »
Yep, it's important that it's his project if he wants to display it as his portfolio work. chriskang did some work on the AI autotargetting function, but as I see it nothing major can be done by an outsider.

Furthermore, Elements isn't run for profit. We don't have the servers to handle an explosion of player influx. Hell, they're unstable enough already.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Atico

• New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433847#msg433847
« Reply #921 on: December 02, 2011, 02:15:26 pm »
the problem is that he (presumably) doesn't want any help. Note that Elements is his portfolio project, so having another developer somewhat defeats the purpose of that.
I didn't know this. I thought that problem is in money. So when he didn't want build up game with help then my opinion can be deleted ;) It will be good for game to giving more innovations and attractions... But ok, there was no discuss ;)

Offline petersenk

• Reputation Power: 1
  • petersenk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433977#msg433977
« Reply #922 on: December 02, 2011, 07:37:06 pm »
Elements needs to be rewritten completely anyway if it want's to be popular in the near future.
Flash is dying. And if elements doesn't run on mobile devices, other games will be played instead. Simple as that.

I'm not quite sure I'd still put much effort into this project. Creating a new, awesome game from scratch based on a better technology seems to be more fun (and will look good in a portfolio too).

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Elements 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31187.msg433994#msg433994
« Reply #923 on: December 02, 2011, 08:19:28 pm »
Elements needs to be rewritten completely anyway if it want's to be popular in the near future.
Flash is dying. And if elements doesn't run on mobile devices, other games will be played instead. Simple as that.

I'm not quite sure I'd still put much effort into this project. Creating a new, awesome game from scratch based on a better technology seems to be more fun (and will look good in a portfolio too).
Way to try convincing the developer to stop working on the game we play.

Zanz - great job, love the game.
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

anything
blarg: